Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

13 minutes ago, KFS said:

It annoys me how shit he was for us yet scores pretty much every time he’s involved against us. Same as Kane. Why did it take being at a Premium club for you to apply yourself? 

That said, it’s been documented that he’s had problems off the field this year. He’s had to play a father role to his family after some illness. 

They were both 20 years old and only with us on loan.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

In the next two windows id like to see:

Choudhury replaced by KDH 

Under signed and Gray sold/contract ended

Fuchs allowed to move to US

Morgan retired to back room staff 

new contract for Evans 

One creative midfielder signed

one striker signed and Slimani sold/released 

What we doing with Benkovic, Jeff?

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

They were both 20 years old and only with us on loan.

No excuse when we’ve got Fofana and Thomas who are unreal and the same age. 

Lingard and Kane didn’t apply themselves. As a biased fan who loves my club that will never make sense to me. Then the audacity to celebrate the way they do as if it was Leicester’s fault...

I don't think he would perform if i am honest. I have a feeling he would trot around the pitch, on a high wage, with little reward. I would much rather see a youth player introduced who's keen, sharp and wanting to make his career.

It was blatantly obvious we were astonishingly weak in the ST position before the season, when we did nothing about it, so i would be surprised if we did anything in January. Maybe the club still think Nacho can come good - unfortunately for us, we'll have to watch him try and subsequently embarrass himself each week.

Anyone know of any youth players that they think would have the quality to step up?

23 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

new contract for Evans 

I'd also throw in signing a centre back.. That would just leave us with soyuncu, Evans and fofana... Justin as cover.. But a proper centre back as a 4th choice would be useful as we've relied heavily on fuchs this season

And replace Albrighton with someone quicker probably.. Love the lad but always looks like he's running in thick mud to me 

Other than that.. I agree with the rest.. Would make us very solid if we don't lose anyone we want to keep hold of

21 minutes ago, KFS said:

Lingard and Kane didn’t apply themselves. As a biased fan who loves my club that will never make sense to me. Then the audacity to celebrate the way they do as if it was Leicester’s fault...

Jamie Vardy, Ian Wright, Mitoslav Klose, Luca Toni, Ciro Immobile, Didier Drogba, Ramires, Kevin Phillips, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunner Solskjaer, Dado Prso..... all bloomed late. Some of those guys didn't sign a professional contract until their 20's. 

Not all players mature at the same age. 

Just look at our title winning team. How many of those guys would have been good enough for us at 20? Mahrez, Okazaki, Albrighton, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs,  Drinkwater?? Few, if any. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KFS said:

On the flip side....  Freddy Adu, Francis Jeffers, Ariel Ortega, David Bendtner, David Bentley  Julius Aghahowa, phillipe Christanval,  Jermaine Aliadiere, Bebe, Bojan..... All superstars at 20. All turned out to be utter crap. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I'd also throw in signing a centre back.. That would just leave us with soyuncu, Evans and fofana... Justin as cover.. But a proper centre back as a 4th choice would be useful as we've relied heavily on fuchs this season

And replace Albrighton with someone quicker probably.. Love the lad but always looks like he's running in thick mud to me 

Other than that.. I agree with the rest.. Would make us very solid if we don't lose anyone we want to keep hold of

Thought about CB but was impressed with Amartey the other day so I’d stick with him as 4th choice. Wilf can also play there if absolutely desperate 

I’d keep Albrighton. Covers right and left side wing, wingback and fullback (if desperate) his versatility and experience could be invaluable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

new contract for Evans 

Thats fair enough...

Goals is what we need. We don't have a reliable Vardy alternative. We can defend, create, run down the wing and all that stuff but without the goals, all of that stuff is pointless. Go round the county and get every kid who scores 30 goals a season and shove through the new academy, and put Vardy in charge of the all. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Add  - release Jacko- pointless waste of a wage and add in James too and I suspect that adds up to a tidy sum that we could used to tie down the likes of Youri/Wilf/Justin and Harvey and still have some spare to invest on a striker.

It's not a pointless waste of a wage, you have to register three senior goalkeepers in a European squad. You are not going to get anyone better to be third choice.

James and Jakupovic will be on a combined £70kpw at most. You are not going to have spare from £4m to invest on a centre forward after four contract renegotiations.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Jamie Vardy, Ian Wright, Mitoslav Klose, Luca Toni, Ciro Immobile, Didier Drogba, Ramires, Kevin Phillips, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunner Solskjaer, Dado Prso..... all bloomed late. Some of those guys didn't sign a professional contract until their 20's. 

Not all players mature at the same age. 

Just look at our title winning team. How many of those guys would have been good enough for us at 20? Mahrez, Okazaki, Albrighton, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs,  Drinkwater?? Few, if any. 

One thing that all of those will have in common though is playing regular football. The danger is keeping hold of young players for too long and not exposing them to first team football, there's still time to improve but I can't think of many success stories of academy players from PL clubs that barely play any football and are retained until their mid twenties that have then been a success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

It's not a pointless waste of a wage, you have to register three senior goalkeepers in a European squad. You are not going to get anyone better to be third choice.

James and Jakupovic will be on a combined £70kpw at most. You are not going to have spare from £4m to invest on a centre forward after four contract renegotiations.

Pay attention. The person to whom I responded to mentioned the other savings that would go into the potential 're-investment' pot (which would add up to more than UKP4M with Slimani amongst the list!!)

IMO is a wasted wage, for the amount of times he has played over 4 years, the Under 23 keeper could step in.  BTW - If you think UKP70K pw is nothing, glad you are not the Club's  CFO.

It’s quite clear come summer when we get some of the huge wages off our wage bill we’re in a good position financially for another crack at signing a Vardy understudy, which will no doubt fail. Maybe we should consider a different angle? I would say someone that can play on the wing or striker but we’ve got that in Perez and iheanacho... albeit not the best alternatives but better than most teams have. It’s more obvious to me that a striker for the same kinda fee as fofana and around the same age is props our best bet. Doesn’t have to hit the ground running and has a few years till properly taking over. The odd league game, all cup games and hopefully European football semi-regular would be enough.

I’m just not sure of whom is a realistic option. 

Probably going to be a low key window, I'd look at fringe players from other clubs that can provide depth.

Fikayo Tomori at Chelsea, probably on loan but tempt with a bid. Might be reluctant to do a deal with a rival. Although Amartey has been impressive at CB if he can stay fit. 

Danny Rose, won't set the world alight but can bring him in on loan, and sign for free in summer if he impresses. Lost his way but has ability and will allow Thomas to go on loan. Spurs, like Chelsea, might not want to do deals with a direct rival though. 

Michael Olise, no brainer really at £9m, send him back on loan if we need to.

David Brooks/Josh King, either of these would bolster the squad, and potentially sending Gray the other way could help. Feel like Gray will only go out on loan in January anyway as he'll want a bigger contract in the summer, so could be ideal for him to go there with a view to getting them promoted and signing permanently.

3 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Toney is a great shout but don't think we'll see it. Brentford will be asking for a heck of a sum

I think we should make a bid on Toney, see who Brentford try and sign as a replacement and then gazump them for that player instead...

• Haha 2