Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

I think with the rise of barnes and hopefully under as goalscoring wingers it would be better to replace vardy with someone with better linkup than someone who mostly plays off the shoulder of defenders. We're not going to find anyone better than vardy at it so why not try and improve in other areas.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fktf said:

Vardy cover/replacement is certainly the main concern. Would be nice to pick up a deep lying passer though. I like Dennis, but in a more advanced role than what Youri plays.

We already have that guy though. KDH will 100% be our man for this next season 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Given the fact the league is still tight, and mostly shit, two quality signings could be a game changer for us. Would even rule out title number two. But we’re two class players short. 

I think it's very unlikely we'll sign two quality players unfortunately. If we do end up signing two players, one will be for the future or will be left out on loan or something.

Would love to be proved wrong though!:vardy:

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Right sided attacking player. Even if Under starts to come good we’re short in quality here. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Ricardo tried there. Would be incredible harsh to drop Justin or Castagne at RB and Ricardo has been as good as any attacking down that side. Have also been pleasantly surprised with Albrighton's performances there. Under is an exciting player too and should shake off that injury quickly.

Striker for me is the absolute priority and I think that is where the resources should go in this window. We have been incredibly fortunate with Vardy so far. 

9 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Quite clearly over the odds and they may be trying to inflate the price with no real hopes of getting that much but if it DID come down to £15m or nothing...I would pay it.

When you take out of the equation his contract expiry date and squad status at Napoli and purely look at what you would be getting for the price, it's worth it. 

The second half of this season deputising for Vardy and getting accustomed to the league then starting next year with Vardy as the undisputed king of supersub/impact players, which would also prolong Vardy's career by about 3 more years.  

Why would Milik move for €15m when in six months time he could have that €15m in his contract negotiations instead of Napoli?

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

We have to sign this guy. 

“Reims forward Boulaye Dia has recollected his difficult journey to stardom and how it has served as encouragement to him.

The 24-year-old attacker combined working in an electricity company and playing football in order to fend for his family and at a time he had to quit football temporarily.”

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/soccer/news/i-had-to-quit-football-reims-boulaye-dia-on-his-difficult-journey-to-stardom/1pf8mo6ji5f2i1q32b76iohb62

...surely we would have go to two upfront, as this player is too good to have sitting on the bench!!!

His route to the game seems to match Vardy and appears to have a great work ethic and his story would be something that Gray should want to take onboard as he lacks the hunger and self awareness that is required to go forward.

5 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

I would like to see someone like Yusuf Yazici, he is having a great season at lille developing very well, he scored two hat tricks in the uefa cup. He used to play pretty much everywhere in the midfield and was not a striker but lille have started to use him as a striker (they often play with 2 strikers though), which could be an interesting turn. He has a fantastic left foot, good at set pieces,  can carry the ball and plays fantastic final passes. He is in general an athletic player who in my opinion could develop further (he needs to improve his right foot). He had an ACL injury last season (but not an injury prone player in general) and is thus valued at the moment at 13m (but I assume his real worth is somewhere 30m), he is 23 years.   

not a good promo video to be honest (too many shots missing/failing  the target .... ) but gives an impression

...nothing to see here...!!!

Deadball skills, poor, finishing, poor, awareness, average, dribbling ok....not worth attempting to bring in the next window.

I wont Chase names, because it just become nonsense clickbait..!!

Gk...Young talent ready to Step up..!!

Fbs..none 

CB....1 Ready to fill Morgans place, and compete and Cover against..Soyu/Fofana/Evans.

Soyu & Evans could become regulär injury risks...I

1 young talent to be slowly groomed for the future, 5-6 outings for Next season..

Midfield..2  with Versatile Utility talents,but ready to compete for Praet /Tielemans/Maddisons/ even N'didi & Mendy positions..

Wback-A.midfielder...1.  Young experienced Top quality, ready to compete with Albrighton,Under, Barnes, but could Play midfield.I

Thomas & Justin can also Cover that need...

Striker:  2...see whats  on offer, if difficult, gamble on at least One decent Front liner from the championship.

seriously groom One from Internal rescources, ready to Play in 4-10 games Next season.

Competing in Europe means upgrading And adding to the Front 6...Plus We should be prepared to compete in all 4 competitions..

Take note..Top Teams complain,but usually we see them Qualify for semi-Finals & Finals on a continual regular basis..

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

Why would Milik move for €15m when in six months time he could have that €15m in his contract negotiations instead of Napoli?

Well, he wanted to move in the summer, was denied. Left out of their squad for the league and europe, hasnt played for them and will want to play in the Euros in the summer.... Plus he has said he wants a move this January. 

How Lingard is still at Manchester United and not sent out on-loan / sold to some top-half Championship side, is a mystery.

Stolen a living by clinging onto a historic club and not doing much to warrant it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

There is something up with milik. 

hes not played for 6 months and there's a load of hype around him.

Something doesn't add up for me.

I've looked at his stats, two goals in his last 17 last season. The only games he's played this season are for Poland where he's no longer a starter. I remember he was dreadful at Euro 2016 too, one to avoid.

In the next two windows id like to see:

Choudhury replaced by KDH 

Under signed and Gray sold/contract ended

Fuchs allowed to move to US

Morgan retired to back room staff 

new contract for Evans 

One creative midfielder signed

one striker signed and Slimani sold/released 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

How Lingard is still at Manchester United and not sent out on-loan / sold to some top-half Championship side, is a mystery.

Stolen a living by clinging onto a historic club and not doing much to warrant it.

It annoys me how shit he was for us yet scores pretty much every time he’s involved against us. Same as Kane. Why did it take being at a Premium club for you to apply yourself? 

That said, it’s been documented that he’s had problems off the field this year. He’s had to play a father role to his family after some illness. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

There is something up with milik. 

hes not played for 6 months and there's a load of hype around him.

Something doesn't add up for me. Athletico apparently not interested in him now. I feel like his agent is pushing hard and probably asking for a load of money which no one is going to pay.

He wasn't added to their squad list this season because he said he wanted to leave. They also refused to sell him. Seems like it's broken down there for him and they are purposely trying to screw him over for whatever reason. 

32 goals in 52 games for Ajax and 38 in 93 for Napoli show he knows were the goal is. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

In the next two windows id like to see:

Choudhury replaced by KDH 

Under signed and Gray sold/contract ended

Fuchs allowed to move to US

Morgan retired to back room staff 

new contract for Evans 

One creative midfielder signed

one striker signed and Slimani sold/released 

Add  - release Jacko- pointless waste of a wage and add in James too and I suspect that adds up to a tidy sum that we could used to tie down the likes of Youri/Wilf/Justin and Harvey and still have some spare to invest on a striker.