Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Are we going to have the usual meltdown if we haven't signed someone by the 3rd of January?

For sure. If we haven't bought or sold by the third the calls for "Rudkin Out !" should start.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. It amuses me.

4 hours ago, KFS said:

No excuse when we’ve got Fofana and Thomas who are unreal and the same age. 

Lingard and Kane didn’t apply themselves. As a biased fan who loves my club that will never make sense to me. Then the audacity to celebrate the way they do as if it was Leicester’s fault...

In fairness, I'm sure I read somewhere recently about how well Kane did apply himself while he was here and those at the club could tell he would go to the top by the way he trained.

He was just 20 years old and Pearson put him on the wing a fair bit, which he often did with strikers. Pearson also liked a lot of strikers in the squad and substituted them on and off a great deal. The situation just didn't suit Kane at all while he was with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I think we might get Olise from Reading, if the release clause being touted is true. Moore can have a word for us. 

Hope so. I would let him stay at Reading for the remainder of the season though. 

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Hope so. I would let him stay at Reading for the remainder of the season though. 

.. would like to see him here!!!

But keeping him on the bench or introducing him to the U23s, perhaps would not help with his development. 

Just to have a change of personnel offering us something different would be an advantage in the second half of the season.

There will not be another player in our roster who would offer what he does.

Excuse my ignorance, but does anyone know how Brexit 'officially' coming into play will effect signings in this window? For example, could we still sign Hwang/Daka/Dia? Is there a number of international appearances they need to make to qualify, or other criteria on the new points system (which I haven't a clue about)?

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Excuse my ignorance, but does anyone know how Brexit 'officially' coming into play will effect signings in this window? For example, could we still sign Hwang/Daka/Dia? Is there a number of international appearances they need to make to qualify, or other criteria on the new points system (which I haven't a clue about)?

One of the main weightings is the calibre of league they play in and regularly, rather than how many times they play for their country.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Thought about CB but was impressed with Amartey the other day so I’d stick with him as 4th choice. Wilf can also play there if absolutely desperate 

I’d keep Albrighton. Covers right and left side wing, wingback and fullback (if desperate) his versatility and experience could be invaluable 

You know what, completely forgot amartey.. Yea I agree we're OK there then

I think Depay and Thauvin pre-contracts would  be so so good, always thought Draxler could do something in the prem, maybe as a rotation with Madders. Wages on all 3 gotta be insane though 

EDIT: Also never gonna happen but I’d love isco

Edited by 80footgiraffe

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Oh shit we’re in for Ali Dia?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I think Depay and Thauvin pre-contracts would  be so so good, always thought Draxler could do something in the prem, maybe as a rotation with Madders. Wages on all 3 gotta be insane though 

EDIT: Also never gonna happen but I’d love isco

...Draxler was going to be a big deal a few years back, he just did not come through as expected!!!