Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

1 minute ago, adam said:

Thats true. Without a doubt but we will never defend corners properly with him in goal.  

If the defenders fancy attacking the ball once in a while, that might help. No?

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd also suggest that we mark people rather than standing like statues and hoping the ball comes to our head.

Our set pieces both attacking and defending are proper embarassing under Rodgers.

God damn zonal marking, it is such a joke of a system to use for set pieces and really needs binning off

Get your big guys marking their big guys and have them scuffle it out, get Huth back in coaching our bigger players how to defend a corner (without the elbows)

23 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

If the defenders fancy attacking the ball once in a while, that might help. No?

All their corners were across the 6 yard box, he should be dealing with those

• Like 1

Don't get what he could have done for Rudiger's goal today.

Vardy flicks it on and even if Kasper did come out for it, it's more than likely Vardy's flick takes it away from where Kasper would have caught it. No keeper in the world reacts that quickly to a deflection/flick-on at the near post. 

More questions have to be asked of Castagne. If his job as part of the zonal marking setup is to block a player running in, he failed. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Vardy flicks it on and even if Kasper did come out for it, it's more than likely Vardy's flick takes it away from where Kasper would have caught it. No keeper in the world reacts that quickly to a deflection/flick-on at the near post. 

More questions have to be asked of Castagne. If his job as part of the zonal marking setup is to block a player running in, he failed. 

Finally someone who was watching the same thing I was

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm worried more sane people can't see it lol 

Too easy to make the conclusion that corner goal = keepers fault.

I'd know, I was a keeper and got blamed for every fvcker. 

In fairness I was pretty woeful at coming for crosses. Point stands. lol

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

He’s a world class shot stopper but he is woefully bad at crosses. Anything in the 6 yard box should be his. 

The 2nd Newcastle goal corner was about 3 yards out and he stood rotted to his line. He’s made some incredible saves to keep us in games but his reluctance to command the 6 yard area has cost us...As I said in an earlier thread if he gets the slightest contact from opposing player while challenging for these sort of flat crosses he would almost certainly be given a free kick...Surely it’s worth doing this rather than standing on the line hoping 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think Kasper could have stopped the goal and I wouldn't have any other GK instead of Him

However, he needs to be a step off his line to give more command in the box he would have then been in a better position. Whether or not he could have reacted to the deflection is debatable. 

I agree with you that the issue is much more the defenders and not just Castagne. They don't appear to be marking the Man or Zones. Three times today the ball was whipped onto a Chelsea body in our 6 yard box. Nobody picking up the man or the danger zone, no defender attacking the ball and Kasper not commanding his area. 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Having just watched the MOTD highlights, this is a fair point.

But Kasper’s still abysmal at set pieces!!!

• Like 1

Baffled as to why he had any fault in Rudigers goal!? Vardy has flicked it on when there was two or three Leicester players in a row who could of headed it clear and Rudiger has bundled it into the net near the back post 10 yards away from Castagne who is supposedly picking him up.

I said I wouldn’t criticise him again after winning us the FA Cup and I ain’t but I can defend him.

He couldn’t do anything about that goal, that flick from Vardy would have fooled everyone in that box but luckily for the Phantom he managed to react and lift his knee to knock it in. 

23 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Baffled as to why he had any fault in Rudigers goal!? Vardy has flicked it on when there was two or three Leicester players in a row who could of headed it clear and Rudiger has bundled it into the net near the back post 10 yards away from Castagne who is supposedly picking him up.

I think the complainants are more in general. There were corners in the first half that he quite easily could’ve claimed but instead a Chelsea head got to it.