Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He shouldn't receive any hate, but I wonder what those who criticised Maddison for will do the same to Kasper...

The season is over now though?

Guest Bert Fill
2 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

Its what I criticised JM for, & to be fair he should concentrate on his football, not suggesting that he isn't, but with the poor press he has righty received you'd think JM would potentially rethink his non footballing actions. You cant like everything anyone famous does, or stands for I accept that, however if he had brought out some clothing range with Next for example I would have far less of an issue.,

Fair enough. Agreed that sometimes these things could certainly be better timed, and better judged. All the players probably do is get taken to a photoshoot and then trouser a load of cash - half of them probably barely know what they’re advertising or give it a second thought.

Why top footballers need extra money is beyond me anyway, the size of their salaries. How greedy are they??

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

Fair enough. Agreed that sometimes these things could certainly be better timed, and better judged. All the players probably do is get taken to a photoshoot and then trouser a load of cash - half of them probably barely know what they’re advertising or give it a second thought.

Why top footballers need extra money is beyond me anyway, the size of their salaries. How greedy are they??

A bit naive...In all walks of life   at all levels , classes, artisans, quite a few will have other Spreads of income....

why with your Comment do you find the need to point at footballers...

Why for example, dont People concentrate on their Time, sometimes parts of their various incomes given towards helping individuals or charities....

Deeper thoughts on other peoples lives, is beyond many, far easier to let go of a few negatives, especially if not knowing what they advertise,

They must be really greedy & dumb when they  go really deep and have more than 2nd thoughts 

when supporting sponsoring Strange kids, people with incurable diseases, or disabilities..

Buts thats not cynical or snidey enough, ..!!

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

He shouldn't receive any hate, but I wonder what those who criticised Maddison for will do the same to Kasper...

There’s a bit of a difference here. 

Maddison’s was far too soon after the CL disappointment. 

Kasper has been nothing but professional and is clearly a footballer first. His priorities and professionalism haven’t been brought into question. Maddison’s have. 

I couldn’t care less either way tbh. It’s their managers who sort all this out. 

• Like 3

Guest Bert Fill
14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

why with your Comment do you find the need to point at footballers...

Er, because the discussion was about footballers.

Guest Bert Fill
15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Deeper thoughts on other peoples lives, is beyond many, far easier to let go of a few negatives, especially if not knowing what they advertise,

Even more patronising. But good to know I’m in the presence one of the few people in the world with the capacity for profound thought. I bow before your wisdom*

*I don’t

3 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

A bit patronising

3 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Er, because the discussion was about footballers.

Context..und Not patronising, you take up a stance then prepared for the contra

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Bert Fill
17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Buts thats not cynical or snidey enough

And a bit of holier than though moral superiority to finish off. Nice.

Guest Bert Fill
1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Context..und Not patronising, you take up a stance then prepared vor the contra

Yes, patronising.

Also, you seem to have overlooked the possibility that my original comment contained elements of flippancy.

Although top footballers clearly do earn obscenely excessive amounts of money.

Just now, Bert Fill said:

And a bit of holier than though moral superiority to finish off. Nice.

So question defending the unnecessary Digs & stabs on others, character, is holier than though...

Moral Superior question  must mean, every cheap  shot ,Shouldnt be questioned or discussed...

You put it out there...I didn t Let it go, without putting out another perspective comment...

Guest Bert Fill
17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So question defending the unnecessary Digs & stabs on others, character, is holier than though...

Moral Superior question  must mean, every cheap  shot ,Shouldnt be questioned or discussed...

You put it out there...I didn t Let it go, without putting out another perspective comment...

It wasn’t a ‘question’ - you called me ‘cynical and snidey.’ So yeah, holier than though.

If you feel the need to question or discuss what you call a ‘cheap shot’ (aka a light hearted remark) then no problem, genuine discussion’s always welcome. But then if that was really what you wanted to do, you wouldn’t have done it by calling me naive and implying that deeper thoughts were beyond me. So it ain’t questions or discussions you were after, it was ‘cheap shots’ of your own. Which, again, is fair enough. All’s fair in love and war and anonymous internet discussion forums. But don’t dress it up in a cloak of smug ‘just putting forward another perspective’ superiority, ta very much.

Anyway, being as how my comment in the first place was never really intended as the foundation for any great debate, I can’t see much value in discussing it much more, to be honest.

Footballers earn too much, and I don’t really care what they do when they’re not at work.

Guest Bert Fill
12 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

If I were him, I'd be trying to finish my career in Copenhagen with a few more titles.

Or maybe he’ll go to be Man Utd’s 38 year old reserve keeper...

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Schmeichel generally performed to a high level, captained the side to the FA Cup win and produced his best save when it mattered.

Maddison had his usual good month then when we were hoping he'd put his soul into securing us the top 4 place we'd aimed all season for, he pissed off to a Covid Party after the city had been in lockdown for 15 months. On the day he was left out of the England squad he's releasing a shoot for Booty Man or whatever they're called.

Whoever his adviser is needs to stop cashing cheques and read the room a bit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2021 at 09:43, lcfc old boy said:

the obvious flaw to his game is dominating the six yard box, and i wonder after the goal through his legs and the punch into his own net , if chillwell had not gone that fraction early and chelsea would of scored and then went on to win, maybe the two fantastic saves would of been forgot about, i dont know if anyone noticed the ball actually bounced just inside the six yard box from a long ball basically through the middle with no player putting him off, chillwell gets to the ball first, that is not goalkeeping of the highest standard, we see it every week either at the stadium or watching on tv a nervous hush goes over the fans at any corner or dangerous free kicks, teams now on corners just put someone in front of him and put the ball in the six yard box, if we want to be a top six team this has to be addressed.

The thing is it didnt happen his saves was crucial and we won the fa cup.

On 28/05/2021 at 09:03, chapero82 said:

How much longer do you guys think he will be here before he retires 2-3 years? 

For me, goalkeepers are in their prime from 30 up until potentially 37 or 38. I think he'll continue to be our number 1 for anything between 3-5 more seasons, and then retire. What an absolute legend of the club.

40 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

For me, goalkeepers are in their prime from 30 up until potentially 37 or 38. I think he'll continue to be our number 1 for anything between 3-5 more seasons, and then retire. What an absolute legend of the club.

Definitely a legend! It’s going to be hard to see him go

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

If we get 5 more seasons out of him, injury free we are looking at him breaking Graham Cross’s appearance record. 
600 games is a phenomenal record, and one I never thought would be broken. 
Kasper is still about 170odd games behind this, but a full season next year would see him go above Walsh, Wallington and Adcock into third on the all time list.

5 full seasons, would have him pushing 40 and would see him breaking our appearance record!

Absolute legend through and through 

• Like 2

Literally defined as one of the club's legends on (Championship and Premiership titles and the FA Cup triumph) and off the pitch (one of the first to the scene when the helicopter crashed, and had to be pulled away to avoid injuries to himself).

Edited by Wymsey
Correction.

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Literally defined as one of the club's legends on (League One, Championship and Premiership titles and the FA Cup triumph) and off the pitch (one of the first to the scene when the helicopter crashed, and had to be pulled away to avoid injuries to himself).

He didn’t join us in league one 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

If we get 5 more seasons out of him, injury free we are looking at him breaking Graham Cross’s appearance record. 
600 games is a phenomenal record, and one I never thought would be broken. 
Kasper is still about 170odd games behind this, but a full season next year would see him go above Walsh, Wallington and Adcock into third on the all time list.

5 full seasons, would have him pushing 40 and would see him breaking our appearance record!

Absolute legend through and through 

Never thought about that but it would be unbelievable if he could break Graham Cross' record, never thought I'd see anyone break it.

Think it's unlikely though, but it's not unrealistic with the extra games coming from European football next season. I think more likely is he could well overtake Adam Black into 2nd and reach 550 or so.

When I think about how many games Wallington and Walsh played for us, it's pretty amazing to think barring a lengthy injury, he'll almost certainly overtake their appearance stats next season and could still play another 150 odd games for us as well.