Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

20 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

those first 2 spurs goals are the answer to the question pundits had as to why he isn't spoken of as one of the best in the league, the second in particular was absolutely woeful.

If we aren't going to sign someone to push him and compete with him at least sack Stowell and bring in a keepers coach that will make him work on his flaws better

I've said it earlier in the thread, but you're not going to make Kasper great in those situations no matter how hard you train. You're not going to make Messi a target man or Foden a ballwinning midfielder.

It was a terrible error at the worst possible moment from Kasper and he'll be the first one to admit it, but it's unfair to expect him to change his nature. I suppose goalkeepers are a special position who really are not well understood by the general football fan, but I don't think many can argue what Schmeichel has given us throughout the years - or that he has gotten the best out of his talent.

10 minutes ago, shen said:

I've said it earlier in the thread, but you're not going to make Kasper great in those situations no matter how hard you train. You're not going to make Messi a target man or Foden a ballwinning midfielder.

It was a terrible error at the worst possible moment from Kasper and he'll be the first one to admit it, but it's unfair to expect him to change his nature. I suppose goalkeepers are a special position who really are not well understood by the general football fan, but I don't think many can argue what Schmeichel has given us throughout the years - or that he has gotten the best out of his talent.

mate he's doing interviews claiming he was fouled, he hasn't admitted it, you don't have to change his nature either just make him better at doing the stuff he's not great at, he was out jumped in his 6 yard box, that should NEVER happen

I'm giving him the benefit here. I don't really know if he was impeded or not; and maybe it was a rush of blood. He's had a few questionable games of late; but was also exceptional in the FA Cup Final (A far more important game than today in my view).

I hope he's not too hard on himself and I hope we comes back next year full of hunger and desire again.

1 minute ago, cropstonfox said:

been over rated but has  great this season .He was massive in the FA Cup final.He single handedly cost us  champions league football today.

Time to upgrade. 

He did no "single handledly cost us Champions League football today" but if you wanna play that game then he single handedly got us into this position at times also. 

I forget the amount of times he kept us in games, or won them. Liverpool away earlier in the season could have been about 6-0 if it weren't for Kasper.

Two massive saves last week in the FA Cup final to get us over the line also.

Perspective.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Kasper didn't have a great game, he's allowed that, he has more decent games than bad ones for me and often saved us. Today was just not meant to be 

Nah disagree. We let it slip at the end. Fate was on our side but we let it slip. Not 100% fault of anyone though. 

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm giving him the benefit here. I don't really know if he was impeded or not; and maybe it was a rush of blood. He's had a few questionable games of late; but was also exceptional in the FA Cup Final (A far more important game than today in my view).

I hope he's not too hard on himself and I hope we comes back next year full of hunger and desire again.

I thought KS was impeded but he clearly mistimed his jump and should have been stronger in the challenge.

Normally when an attacker jumps against / into the keeper and gets nothing on the ball it’s a foul. Personally think the keeper’s get too much protection, but gutted today ref thought the challenge was fair! 

Decision could have gone either way, you see lesser challenges penalised all the time. 

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

Nah disagree. We let it slip at the end. Fate was on our side but we let it slip. Not 100% fault of anyone though. 

That 20 minutes to go mark, i said to my dad, stick or twist. It was obvious we needed another goal as we did start to look pedestrian. Rodgers just doesnt trust the bench, it was obvious n'didi out of midfield left a huge hole. We could have used amartey and pushed wilf back in mid with mendy and defended for our lives or gone with praet and and under and pushed on for another goal, we did neither and got punished

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

I thought KS was impeded but he clearly mistimed his jump and should have been stronger in the challenge.

Normally when an attacker jumps against / into the keeper and gets nothing on the ball it’s a foul. Personally think the keeper’s get too much protection, but gutted today ref thought the challenge was fair! 

Decision could have gone either way, you see lesser challenges penalised all the time. 

I think that's about accurate and how I feel about it.

Both their equaliser and their third could (and maybe should?) have been ruled out; but we only have ourselves to blame today. I think we panicked/stopped believing a bit after the equaliser.

Onwards and upwards though. No time to mope. Reflect and learn lessons and move forward. Its always been my way of thinking. What is the alternative?

On Kasper; he's a great keeping who can be sublime or terrible; its just something you have to accept. He will wow us some weeks but he isn't infalliable. He does care though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

mate he's doing interviews claiming he was fouled, he hasn't admitted it, you don't have to change his nature either just make him better at doing the stuff he's not great at, he was out jumped in his 6 yard box, that should NEVER happen

I think my point has gotten over your head, but I'm not going to persist. He has played a big part in the defeat today, that much is clear and I am certain he will be even more disappointed than the both of us.

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

Great keepers are good in the air and command the box from set pieces. Kasper does not do that. I think he is a massive reason we're so shit defending aerially. 

Also the difference between him being a good keeper and a great keeper. 

It used to be like that in English football, but times have moved on a bit, haven't they? The 'aerial' part of football very much feels like a bygone era, so I don't buy the mantra above.

• Like 2

Love this guy to pieces and he is a legend of our club. In our next keeper though we need a commanding unit who does all the other stuff Kasper can. I’m aware that’s a very expensive ask but I truly believe we need the next big thing in to replace him. Like when United got De Gea.

19 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I think that's about accurate and how I feel about it.

Both their equaliser and their third could (and maybe should?) have been ruled out; but we only have ourselves to blame today. I think we panicked/stopped believing a bit after the equaliser.

Onwards and upwards though. No time to mope. Reflect and learn lessons and move forward. Its always been my way of thinking. What is the alternative?

On Kasper; he's a great keeping who can be sublime or terrible; its just something you have to accept. He will wow us some weeks but he isn't infalliable. He does care though.

The OG was Kasper's fault only, no foul. Third handball? Maybe but I don't want to see those ruled out. Let's not forget the second penalty being a gift.

• Like 1

It was never a foul on him. He just got it wrong, a clear weakness in his game and it's predominantly because he feels noone is allowed to touch him. 

We know this, shotstopping is mostly brilliant, although the shot went through him today and we have to accept his limitations. 

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

It was never a foul on him. He just got it wrong, a clear weakness in his game and it's predominantly because he feels noone is allowed to touch him. 

We know this, shotstopping is mostly brilliant, although the shot went through him today and we have to accept his limitations. 

Agree. Now people can see why he doesn’t come for the ball all that often. 

• Like 4