Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

On 08/11/2020 at 17:49, moseeds said:

Schmeicel is a world class goalkeeper. The only reason he's not considered so is because he wasn't bought for £72 million like Kepa Arrizabalaga or Allison were. Would any team in the world take Kepa over Schmeicel?

Cos today is all about gloating. I'm just going to leave this here. Also forgive me far Schmeichel, I spelled your name wrong :ph34r:

• Like 1

The narrower your definition of the goalkeeper role, the better Kasper ranks.  His distribution ranges from erratic to comical and he's not skilled at the more modern aspects the keeper role has evolved into.  But ultimately the core job of a keeper is to stop shots, and today showed why having a guy whose best skill is doing just that can be a big advantage.  Those were two absolutely world-class saves to preserve the win - as good as you'll ever see in those circumstances.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

You know a save is class when you can watch a save on loop as much as a goal like Youri's. 

This was as important as the goal. 

Truly a great. Just like his dad was. But he is great all on his own. Maybe what he has achieved with us winning a title and now an FA cup is greater than what his dad did with the mighty Man U of his time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hack said:

Truly a great. Just like his dad was. But he is great all on his own. Maybe what he has achieved with us winning a title and now an FA cup is greater than what his dad did with the mighty Man U of his time. 

I actually think the first save was possibly even better.  Certainly more difficult.

15 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

But his distribution.... lol

What an absolutely world class performance. It reminds me of how big he was in our champions league run. The biggest occasions bring out the best in him. 

We need more heroics on Tuesday, and you can't ask for a bigger occasion to follow up a huge occasion.  No rest for the weary.

5 hours ago, Hack said:

You could tell he was psyched up for it through the interviews. He's one of the most determined, ambitious and driven players we've probably ever had at the club.

And to be fair to him, from the day we signed him, he's always been asked about being compared to his dad and responded in the same way, with an answer like wanting to make his own impression on the game and not have the 'my dad was Peter Schmeichel' hanging over him all his career. 

The successful player he's moulded in to since he joined 10 years ago is remarkable. He is one player anyone else should be looking up to. He sets the level and I really hope he hangs around the club or is involved in some capacity off the field with us. It'd be a shame to lose a character with such a drive and winning mentality as him.

I definitely agree that given the stars Man Utd had around Peter, Kasper's achievements here outweigh that. But maybe I'm looking with blue-tinted glasses :D.

• Like 2

Bigger player than his dad, in his own right, in my opinion. Peter was a brilliant keeper who won it all in a Man U that was expected to win. Kasper came to us in the Championship and effectively co-captained us to a Prem title, got us through the Champions League Round of 16 and won the FA Cup for us last night. In context, he’s done more than his dad did. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Bigger player than his dad, in his own right, in my opinion. Peter was a brilliant keeper who won it all in a Man U that was expected to win. Kasper came to us in the Championship and effectively co-captained us to a Prem title, got us through the Champions League Round of 16 and won the FA Cup for us last night. In context, he’s done more than his dad did. 

Can't punish Peter for being part of a great club.  Kaspar has accomplished great things for us and made a name for himself, but Peter is indisputably among the 10 greatest keepers of all-time.  Can't possibly say that about Kasper.

• Like 2

It’s an awkward one isn’t it, because had he not won the Premier League and FA Cup, in years to come he would have being Peter Schmeichel’s son who was a decent keeper, to a lot of the football world.

He’s added two major trophy’s to his legacy and he’s made a name for himself in his own right. 

So happy for him and proud to have him as our Captain. 

• Like 2

I can't name a single better shot stopper in world football, year after year he pulls out saves like he did yesterday, just yesterday everyone saw just how good he is at that.

And him refusing to lift the trophy alone and being the one to call Wes down to lift it with him, truly a proper Captain and easily an enormous Leicester legend who I think will be involved with the club for many many years moving forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I think we can now say Kasper is equal to the late great Gordon Banks. How fortunate we are in having a record of excellent goalkeepers.

I agree, but to captain a cup winning side and win the league with us surpasses Banks / Shilton now in my opinion. 

• Like 1