Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

2 hours ago, foxinsox said:

We do need to get better with set pieces though, both defending and attacking.

Don’t know if such a role already exists but I think we are at the point where we ought to be bringing in a coach to specifically work on set pieces at both ends of the pitch

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

High stakes games can turn on a pivotal moment. The first spuds goal kasper could do nothing about. The ball fell to Kane of all people and if there’s anyone who can put those away it’s him.

kasper will be ruing not being able to clear that corner. He knows he should have sent that clear. Just unfortunate that it doesn’t make the right contact and Instead puts it in the net. Part bad execution and part bad luck.

that was the moment we went from hanging in there to falling apart. No one will sleep well tonite as the sheer magnitude of missing out will hit them hard tomorrow. No more games to  make things right so it will feel bad for a good few days. Kasper is still our loyal no.1 and we should continue to support him not tear him apart.

• Like 2

Hes had a brilliant season, in a few pundits team of the seasons and pretty much won us the FA cup, yet 1 mistake in a game that we invited pressure on us all game and suddenly he gets pounded on? It’s embarrassing really.

I find it very odd how people blame players so strongly on one mistake, yet when a manager makes mistake after mistake everyone turns a blind eye.

Blaming Kasper today is like blaming Luke Thomas vs Chelsea for giving away a stupid corner when the reality is the relentless pressure put onto us will tell one way or another.

The relentless pressure was down to poor tactics and management. If It wasn’t Kasper it would of been someone else. It was coming.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

All goalkeepers make mistakes, look at some of the howlers this season from those reputed to be the best! I've criticised Schmeichel in the past in regards the the usual ie crosses and distribution. However he has also been magnificent at times this year and has saved us on quite a number of occasions. He rarely makes howlers and it's just sad for him it happened against Spurs. I can forgive him that in an instant because overall his performances have been top notch most of the time this season and his overall influence so important. I see absolutely no rush to even consider replacing him, there are far more pressing issues. Iverson appears to be progressing fine and it would be a great story if Schmeichel could eventually hand the gloves over to a fellow countryman. 

This always seems to be forgotten when your own clubs keeper drops a clanger and it's fresh.

Imagine how we'd all feel if he'd pulled some of the howlers Allison and Ederson have this season. Very expensive keepers at the very biggest clubs, on the very biggest salaries. Kasper misjudged a cross, badly misjudged it, but some of the others, notably Allison, looked like they were auditioning for a Laurel and Hardy film at times this season.

Schmeichal, like every human, in every job, has his faults, but he's still a very good goalkeeper and his dedication to the cause simply can't be questioned.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He shouldn't receive any hate, but I wonder what those who criticised Maddison for will do the same to Kasper...

I don't recall Tommy Hilfiger exploiting the working people of Leicester, unlike Boohoo.

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Bert Fill
1 minute ago, Kilworthfox said:

I don't recall Tommy Hilfiger exploiting the working people of Leicester, unlike Boohoo.

I’m guessing the post was about the ‘he needs to concentrate on his football, not get distracted by this other stuff’ posts, rather than the morals of particular companies.

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

How much longer do you guys think he will be here before he retires 2-3 years? 

I think he'll stay playing until he's nearly 40, but at 37/38 it won't be every week like it is now. I'm certain he'll be kept on by the club in some capacity as well, but obviously only if that's what he wants.

On 26/05/2021 at 13:44, StanSP said:

We're getting outvoted for the Marine keeper. 

Them reaching the 3rd round is a much better achievement than us winning the cup, got to imagine he's done more for them than Kasper did for us over the course. Assuming he played of course :D

Guest Bert Fill
10 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

How much longer do you guys think he will be here before he retires 2-3 years? 

No way of predicting! Maybe he’ll only have another couple of years, maybe he’ll be like Buffon who I think was still first choice at Juventus and winning Serie A when he was 40.

He doesn’t strike me as someone who’d be mad keen to retire early, so we could have a good few years left yet!

12 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

There's definitely some that didn't even consider that when it came to Maddison's criticism, but it is a valid point. 

13 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

I’m guessing the post was about the ‘he needs to concentrate on his football, not get distracted by this other stuff’ posts, rather than the morals of particular companies.

Its what I criticised JM for, & to be fair he should concentrate on his football, not suggesting that he isn't, but with the poor press he has righty received you'd think JM would potentially rethink his non footballing actions. You cant like everything anyone famous does, or stands for I accept that, however if he had brought out some clothing range with Next for example I would have far less of an issue.,

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think he'll stay playing until he's nearly 40, but at 37/38 it won't be every week like it is now. I'm certain he'll be kept on by the club in some capacity as well, but obviously only if that's what he wants.

He brings so much to the squad I hope he never leaves tbh lol 

the obvious flaw to his game is dominating the six yard box, and i wonder after the goal through his legs and the punch into his own net , if chillwell had not gone that fraction early and chelsea would of scored and then went on to win, maybe the two fantastic saves would of been forgot about, i dont know if anyone noticed the ball actually bounced just inside the six yard box from a long ball basically through the middle with no player putting him off, chillwell gets to the ball first, that is not goalkeeping of the highest standard, we see it every week either at the stadium or watching on tv a nervous hush goes over the fans at any corner or dangerous free kicks, teams now on corners just put someone in front of him and put the ball in the six yard box, if we want to be a top six team this has to be addressed.