Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

There was a lengthy piece on him a couple of days ago on Danmarks Radio (BBC equivalent).
I wanted to translate and transcribe it all here as it shows how much of a leader and a caring teammate he is.
I keep stating his importance as a part of the dressing room at Leicester (and Denmark for that matter) - he is a great role model not just for footballers but beyond as well.

I can't help but be concerned for the mental health of Kasper. He's been through 2 of arguably the most traumatic events in football in recent times. He's been an absolute rock through them both but surely it must effect him. I'm sure everyone will agree that we are all so proud of this man but I really do hope we can give him all the help and support he potentially may need. 

• Like 1

Forget the on field player for a second, is he our clubs greatest ever person?

Footballers often get a bad rap, players like Kyle Walker, James Madison, Jack Grealish and their CoVid parties, Luis Suarez, John Terry and the like with racism allegations and all the drunken antics you here of. 
However, there are some amazing humans in the football community and for me Kasper is right up there with the most amazing!

Proud to call him a fox 🦊 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Simon Kjær what man. Heroic actions.
Kasper well up there helping save a life.

Wow.

Hard to overstate what a hero Simon Kjær is today - a true captain in every sense of the word. How many of us could be so calm and decisive in such a moment?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hejammy said:

I can't help but be concerned for the mental health of Kasper. He's been through 2 of arguably the most traumatic events in football in recent times. He's been an absolute rock through them both but surely it must effect him. I'm sure everyone will agree that we are all so proud of this man but I really do hope we can give him all the help and support he potentially may need. 

Yes, you're right there. The chances of being directly involved in both of the most horrific events that football has seen in recent times, that are also completely unconnected, it must be similar odds to being struck by lightning.

If you ever wanted proof of a real life angel you could argue Kasper's your man.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Peter Schmeichel just talking to FiveLIve

Sounded pretty emotional. Said he'd spoken to Kasper. When Eriksen's wife arrived on the pitch, Kaper went to her and told her "he's breathing". He then went back over to Eriksen to confirm this and returned to his wife and said "he's ok, he's talking"

He (Peter) thinks it was crazy to complete the game last night. Implied that Kasper thought this too, but said "I will let Kasper speak for himself about it"

Well ultimately he cost them the game so if he wasn't up for playing he should have said something. Nobody would have thought any less of him if he'd been subbed off.

Edited by ealingfox

2 hours ago, DoveValleyFox said:

At the Community Shield and/or first home game: let's just chant Schmeichel's name for a full minute.

It shouldn't take actions of yesterday for that to happen.

So many people on here jumped on him after the Spurs defeat but, as I said at the time, I lose count the amount of times he keeps us in games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Peter Schmeichel just talking to FiveLIve

Sounded pretty emotional. Said he'd spoken to Kasper. When Eriksen's wife arrived on the pitch, Kaper went to her and told her "he's breathing". He then went back over to Eriksen to confirm this and returned to his wife and said "he's ok, he's talking"

He (Peter) thinks it was crazy to complete the game last night. Implied that Kasper thought this too, but said "I will let Kasper speak for himself about it"

He was part of the commentary yesterday and was struggling to hold back the tears. He expressed immense proudness of his son and his teammates going out to play the game to the end. But he looked in shock and Povlsen had to abort mid-sentence several times as it was all too overwhelming.

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Well ultimately he cost them the game so if he wasn't up for playing he should have said something. Nobody would have thought any less of him if he'd been subbed off.

This is highly insensitive and also doesn't recognise that Hjulmand couldn't exactly sub off everyone. He said after the game most players were not in a state to continue. They tried best as they could and that has to be commended.

• Like 3

It looks a bad error but it's very close to him and bounces awkwardly just before it reaches him. He can't stretch his arm out, too high to leg/knee it away too. I've seen much worse.