Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes and Shilton, both in a completely different class but that's no disrespect to Caspar. Caspar is close to everyone's hearts for a number of very good reasons and will never be forgotten because he's one of the immortals. However, sentiment can sometimes cloud true judgement. 

Honestly if you can’t even be arsed to spell his name remotely close to the correct spelling then don’t bother wading in on a debate about Schmeichel

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Kind of a classic Kasper moment - an absolutely incredible stop, then moments later a goal kick straight off the pitch.  Fortunately the first was a lot more important than the second, and maybe the save of the season.

Bur world class?  I guess it depends on how you define it.  He certainly wouldn't be first-choice keeper for any of the power clubs, and that's probably the most realistic definition.  His distribution is obviously comical but a bigger concern for me is how much extra work his defenders have to do because he doesn't control his area.  It's not coincidental we've given up the most from set pieces of any team in the PL this season.

Kasper is what he is, and you know what you're getting.  As a shot-stopper there's no question he's the nuts most of the time, but the rest of his game is average at best.

Kasper's distribution is a weird one. He's great at throwing out the ball, but his kicking is either the pits or brilliant. He doesn't look uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, but he does have some brain farts when kicking long some times. 
We do know that he was instructed to kick it out during and after our title winning season as we often set up our press from opposition throw ins in the opponent's half, which explained the habit of kicking it out which many thought (and still think) was down to Kasper's lack of skill.

With regards to set pieces, I find it a bit misleading. I count two (Dunne vs Burnley and Aké vs Man City), so I don't know which other two are being referred to. Is one of them supposed to be Stuart Dallas and the other Mahrez? Either way, three of those goals came in our first three games. We've conceded one in the subsequent eight games, which isn't really alarming. It's never been Kasper's strongest suit, but we've managed around that before, so I don't see why it should be a cause for concern as long as the communication is there.

1 minute ago, Lesterlad said:

Only way I would answer that is Vardy would get in most top teams match day squads. Kasper wouldn’t 

Vardy, in his prime, was no more than a sub for most of his time with England. 
It's clear that to get the best out of Vardy, you need to build your side around him. I highly doubt he has been held in that sort of regard by any top club except ours.

I bet if you ask most PL pundits, coaches and fans, they would have the likes of Agüero, Salah, Kane, Mané, Son and even Aubameyang ahead of Vardy. But enough derailing here... 

20 minutes ago, shen said:

Vardy, in his prime, was no more than a sub for most of his time with England. 
It's clear that to get the best out of Vardy, you need to build your side around him. I highly doubt he has been held in that sort of regard by any top club except ours.

I bet if you ask most PL pundits, coaches and fans, they would have the likes of Agüero, Salah, Kane, Mané, Son and even Aubameyang ahead of Vardy. But enough derailing here... 

I have to totally agree with you. Besides his pace, his loyalty when arsenal came calling helped his cult status here. Hope we get another 2-3 years out of him 

9 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I have to totally agree with you. Besides his pace, his loyalty when arsenal came calling helped his cult status here. Hope we get another 2-3 years out of him 

According to himself, he never got close to joining them - he allegedly didn't even speak to them. He's a bit of a 'lad', but when it comes to football at least, he seems to have his head screwed on tight. 

In hindsight he undoubtedly made the right decision and you're probably right that it's endeared him to our fans even more.

So lets make Kasper a Great distributor....where does that make any GK World class..Its a nonsense point of argument/discussion.

He is a "GOAL". wait for it..." KEEPER", Not a Tielemans,Ronaldo,Ndidi...So his kicks occasionally go astray..We dont Hammer on about our strikers Not

Converting ".Most" of the time, or 1-2s failing regularly....

I will say it again Now & no Doubt millions of times in the future....We over Analyse players to shit...!!! Fans are crap analysts,when taking it too deep.!!

In Chasing & digging for negatives, they forget  Superman is only a comic..!!

We were utterly crap over Chilwell,it seems if you make mistakes,the actual high percentage positive action & moves can be simply swept under the carpet, just  so People can prove what little clever hardened pundits they are..!!

But woe betide, any outside fan or journalists who dares to point out the same Silly points..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

Only way I would answer that is Vardy would get in most top teams match day squads. Kasper wouldn’t 

Personally, I genuinely believe the only 2 teams Schmeichel doesn't improve are Liverpool because Allison is amongst the best in the world, and Man City because of the way Ederson plays. 

Other than that Schmeichel improves every team in this league. 

Keepers are an oddity when it comes to transfers, once you've got your 1st choice you tend to stick with them (Chelsea being the exception because Kepa is sh*te) no "big" team is coming in for Kasper because the improvement wouldn't be that great compared to the amount of money it would take to get him, when you can spend big on other, more influential areas of the pitch. But I have no doubt that, while minimal, he would improve every team in this league other than the 2 mentioned 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

As well as the 2 above I think Mendy is a better goalie and don’t mean our DM. Henderson Pickford (at a push) Pope, LLoris. De Gea and Leno I would say are better then Kasper

Can I just ask. Your list of keepers who are better than Schmeichel, what exactly are they better at? 

For the record too, I don't necessarily think Ederson is better than Schmeichel either, just better for Man City and the way they play

Edited by Jimbo

13 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

As well as the 2 above I think Mendy is a better goalie and don’t mean our DM. Henderson Pickford (at a push) Pope, LLoris. De Gea and Leno I would say are better then Kasper

My eyes! 

Would not swap with any of that list. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

If Kasper had done even half the clangers that Pickford, Lloris & De Gea have done in the past couple of seasons then everyone would be tearing him to shreds 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Behave! 

Pope, Henderson, Leno and even Loris are not better than Kasper. 

Alison, Ederson and maybe De Gea are and that's it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Said it many times:
We'll only really truly appreciate him when he leaves and we have to somehow replace him.

Makes the odd mistake but all keepers do. He's awesome.

Doesn't get anything like the respect he deserves from our fanbase. He's an absolutely outstanding shot stopper and his style of keeping fits the PL perfectly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Doesn't get anything like the respect he deserves from our fanbase. He's an absolutely outstanding shot stopper and his style of keeping fits the PL perfectly.

I think the majority of Leicester fans, even those on here, hold him in very high regard. Don't get fooled by the vocal minority that jump on his back whenever his hair is slightly crooked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

lol was a bit grumpy this morning - blame the Monday blues.

No problem, we've all been there. The good news is when I looked at the table this morning, we're still perched on top despite the media still just talking about Liverpool and Manchester City. Never mind eh!

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

No problem, we've all been there. The good news is when I looked at the table this morning, we're still perched on top despite the media still just talking about Liverpool and Manchester City. Never mind eh!

Good. Keep that focus away from us and let the players do the business :D

• Like 1