Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

5 hours ago, shen said:

Here's a list of longest-serving players in the PL right now, according to Transfermarkt: https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/treustespieler/wettbewerb/GB1 

As for the story, that's a bit subjective. Peter's story and achievements are quite extraordinary in their own right. What Kasper did with Leicester, Peter did with Denmark. Kasper's career path of having to build up his rep after being ditched by Man City is somewhat comparable to Peter's rise through the amateur ranks in Denmark, culminating in Brøndby's most successful period in their history prior to his Man Utd move. Then you have the goals (!), the records and the legacy that Peter has achieved. 
They both have great stories, but they are different stories.

They both have interesting stories I'm sure, but to think of Kasper:

*Came through the man city ranks just as they started throwing big money around.

*Went to notts county with Sven in league 2.

* Ended up at Leeds and was clearly blamed for their defensive mishaps and sealed a move to Leicester with Sven again. 

*Promotion, great escape, title win

*First on the scene of the helicopter crash.

Whilst the rises could be conparable, I think the context behind the scenes with alot of what Kasper has experienced would make it much more interesting. But that's just my opinion 👍

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

They both have interesting stories I'm sure, but to think of Kasper:

*Came through the man city ranks just as they started throwing big money around.

*Went to notts county with Sven in league 2.

* Ended up at Leeds and was clearly blamed for their defensive mishaps and sealed a move to Leicester with Sven again. 

*Promotion, great escape, title win

*First on the scene of the helicopter crash.

Whilst the rises could be conparable, I think the context behind the scenes with alot of what Kasper has experienced would make it much more interesting. But that's just my opinion 👍

Oh I like Kasper's story - I'm a Leicester fan and a Denmark supporter, so it's win-win for me. Both have had amazing and eventful journeys. I just feel there is a bit of club and recency bias here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

Also, with regards to the international selection news, it looks likely that the UK-based contingent will not join up with the rest of the Danish squad until next week when they play in Belgium.

Fvck. There's gonna be a 3-way collision between Kasper, Praet & Youri isn't there :( 

• Haha 1

He was out cold for around 1 to 2 second so they'll have to follow the protocol around that. That means 6 days minimum providing he doesn't have concussion (which is very likely). If he does have concussion it could be 6 days or could be 3 weeks it's just a waiting game. Fingers crossed it's just the six days!

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Pretty sure Schmeichel won't be allowed to play in the Denmark game by the new concussion guidelines.

A win for Denmark takes them into the finals ... kasper will want to play .....but the protocol should stop him .... his stubborn nature could mean he tries to play Wednesday and then is unable to play for us on Sunday with a reaction from Wednesday 

Positive update from Denmark boss Hjulmand: “Kasper was never unconscious. However, there was no doubt he should not continue playing.

“He looked better after the match. We have to see what it looks like from here. We hope nothing serious has happened to Kasper.”

Hopefully sits out the next game and is fine for next Sunday. 

18 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He seemed fine when interviewed after the game.

He said he couldn't wait to get back to training with Leicester and meet back up with his team mates and was especially looking forward to seeing all 22 of the team that will probably start against Liverpool.

We're starting with 22 players against Liverpool?

That should give us a fighting chance 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I thought Kasper was indestructible like the Terminator. The only thing that will stop him playing is the Premier League / FA rules about concussion or the coronavirus rules. They may of course stop Kasper from playing seeing as he has a 0.001% chance of carrying the mink strain of the virus but allow Mo Salah because he plays for the big six. 

That said I’m happy with Danny Ward keeping them out so we can end their 63 match home run just like we did in 1981 😉

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He looked like he was definitely out cold temporarily .....keepers don’t usually release the ball  ....

Yeah, reckon Kasper himself doesn’t think he was unconscious... But he wouldn't really know if he was out for 2 seconds. There was that delay before he started screaming in pain as well.