Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

2 hours ago, shen said:

I think the majority of Leicester fans, even those on here, hold him in very high regard. Don't get fooled by the vocal minority that jump on his back whenever his hair is slightly crooked.

Yeah you're probably right. Vocal minority are very vocal though

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Can I just ask. Your list of keepers who are better than Schmeichel, what exactly are they better at? 

For the record too, I don't necessarily think Ederson is better than Schmeichel either, just better for Man City and the way they play

They are better at goalkeeping, I am not saying I want to replace Kasper as his dedication and love for the club and owners can not be brought. 

5 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Behave! 

Pope, Henderson, Leno and even Loris are not better than Kasper. 

Alison, Ederson and maybe De Gea are and that's it. 

I never behave lol

it is my opinion that they are, only 2 in my list which are debatable in my eyes are Leno and Pickford

1 minute ago, Lesterlad said:

They are better at goalkeeping, I am not saying I want to replace Kasper as his dedication and love for the club and owners can not be brought. 

Really? How? What aspects of their goalkeeping are better than Schmeichel's?

De Gea and Pickford, great shot stoppers absolutely useless with crosses. The fact that you even think Pickford is better than Schmeichel nullifies your entire arguement.

Pope, Henderson and Loris, good all rounders. Pope and Henderson hyped up because they're English. Henderson 1 decent season in the premier league. Loris gets caught out of position far too often for a keeper, just look at Vardy's goal against Spurs for examples. 

Leno really isn't all that, from what I've seen of him he's certainly no better than Schmeichel, and in terms of leadership and organisation of the defence, Schmeichel has the edge. 

If Schmeichel was at another club and we were discussing one of the other keepers you've listed at our club, you'd have Schmeichel on your list of keepers better than what we have. 

You cannot say they're better at goal keeping and use that as your main argument, you list of keepers better than ours is baseless. You don't compare 2 outfield players and say one is better than the other because he can kick a ball better do you?? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I never behave lol

it is my opinion that they are, only 2 in my list which are debatable in my eyes are Leno and Pickford

Henderson had a half decent season for Sheff Utd and you put him better Kasper? Pickford is good with his feet and that's it. 

Ask most Arsenal fans they feel they sold the wrong keeper in the summer! 

The focus on Kasper’s distribution by his defenders is a straw man, really.  Yeah it’s awful but people only criticize it for comic effect, like Wilf’s “on-target” shots into the parking lot.  Wilf’s far more important weakness is his passing, and Kasper’s is his abysmal control of his area on set pieces.  That’s the real reason he’s not an elite, top of the world keeper but a pretty good one.

People can mock the idea of a modern keeper, but there’s a reason the game has evolved towards keepers who are good on the ball and aggressively control the penalty area.  They’re incredibly valuable when you find a good one.

• Like 3

On 09/11/2020 at 12:22, Lesterlad said:

As well as the 2 above I think Mendy is a better goalie and don’t mean our DM. Henderson Pickford (at a push) Pope, LLoris. De Gea and Leno I would say are better then Kasper

Pickford? Hahaha

• Like 1

Can't be many players in the premier league who have been at their clubs as long as Kaspar has been with us, especially if you exclude those who came through youth teams and therefore have been at clubs longer. 

What a journey he's had and is having. His dad may have won more but Kaspar certainly has a better story to tell. 

12 hours ago, Nod.E said:

One of my biggest annoyances in football is the non-stop w@nkfest over Ederson. I am / was a goalkeeper to an 'okay' standard, nothing special like but I like to think I know more than Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher about goalkeeping.

Yes his kicking is phenomenal. Yes it is becoming more and more important for the modern goalkeeper to be good with his feet, and for that reason you can understand the fit with Man City.

But for crying out loud, it also helps if you can stop the ball from going in the back of the net. 

Time after time Ederson proves he's bang average as a shot stopper and nobody seems to pick up on it.

His diving technique looks like exactly what you'd expect from someone who was never really a keeper until an older age. He rarely moves his feet effectively enough, just does a standing dive. And so when he gets nowhere near it the clueless ex outfielders commenting call the shot 'unstoppable.' Meanwhile you see a sublime save like Kasper vs. Neves at the weekend and Keane nonchalantly says it's a routine save he'd expect from his keeper lol

I'm not even exaggerating by saying you'll find better shot stoppers in League One. That's not to say they should be playing for Man City, but in purely shot stopping terms, Ederson is criminal.

* By shot stopping I mean diving and reaction saves. Ederson is actually very good at 1-on-1s which could be grouped under shot stopping.

Back on topic, Kasper is great and anybody that disagrees can FOAD. I'd rather take his shot stopping ability with his one or two wild kicks per game than not have the shot stopping ability and lose the couple of wild kicks. By and large his distribution is actually very impressive.

You're talking about a club who not that long ago had willy Caballero in goal, who as far as u can tell, is scared of footballs. 

They don't seem to have a lot going on in th GK department. They probably have Shaun Goater or someone as their  goalkeeping coach. 

8 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Can't be many players in the premier league who have been at their clubs as long as Kaspar has been with us, especially if you exclude those who came through youth teams and therefore have been at clubs longer. 

What a journey he's had and is having. His dad may have won more but Kaspar certainly has a better story to tell. 

Here's a list of longest-serving players in the PL right now, according to Transfermarkt: https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/treustespieler/wettbewerb/GB1 

As for the story, that's a bit subjective. Peter's story and achievements are quite extraordinary in their own right. What Kasper did with Leicester, Peter did with Denmark. Kasper's career path of having to build up his rep after being ditched by Man City is somewhat comparable to Peter's rise through the amateur ranks in Denmark, culminating in Brøndby's most successful period in their history prior to his Man Utd move. Then you have the goals (!), the records and the legacy that Peter has achieved. 
They both have great stories, but they are different stories.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because he's "brave" enough to just straight up Pickford rugby tackle people, as with his multiple attempts at Barnes' life

Pretty much. 

I was always way too nice in that department. Or maybe not brave enough. Probably the latter.

2 hours ago, shen said:

Here's a list of longest-serving players in the PL right now, according to Transfermarkt: https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/treustespieler/wettbewerb/GB1 

As for the story, that's a bit subjective. Peter's story and achievements are quite extraordinary in their own right. What Kasper did with Leicester, Peter did with Denmark. Kasper's career path of having to build up his rep after being ditched by Man City is somewhat comparable to Peter's rise through the amateur ranks in Denmark, culminating in Brøndby's most successful period in their history prior to his Man Utd move. Then you have the goals (!), the records and the legacy that Peter has achieved. 
They both have great stories, but they are different stories.

That's pretty great that we have 3 of the top 15 longest-serving players in the Premier League right now.

And Albrighton and Fuchs in the top 50 too.

Edited by Sampson

3 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Perhaps if he's with us a few more years you could learn how to spell his name @RobHawk;)

• Haha 1