Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

That shit rag 😂

Elite sport is exempt

Supposedly but according to that report, there are no exemptions to this Denmark isolation due to the mink farm strain of covid 

this could be a big problem for us - if Liverpool had a danish player then it wouldn’t be of course ......

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Supposedly but according to that report, there are no exemptions to this Denmark isolation due to the mink farm strain of covid 

this could be a big problem for us - if Liverpool had a danish player then it wouldn’t be of course ......

They'll have to play Keita instead of Jan Molby which is a bonus for us.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The crux of the point here is why are pointless, glorified friendly (1 of the 3 of them being literally a friendly) international games being played at a time where Europe is largely on lockdown and/or travel restrictions are in place.

While i'm at it i'll bring the 3rd game into question - There were never 3 games during an international break in normal times, obviously 3 games were planned before any of this hit but to have 3 games in the current climate is beyond me. New Zealand pulled out so was there any need to replace them just to make up a 3rd game.

I understand that by having this opinion it brings Champions League and Europa League games also into question but so be it.

Clubs can keep their eyes on their players with regular testing, keeping their players in a bit of a bubble.

Sending them away to mix with hundreds of other people all for them to potentially bring the virus back into the bubbles of their clubs is potentially seriously damaging. I don't necessarily think that Champions League and Europe League games and absolutely essential, but they're far more competitive than these international friendlies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

If players have to isolate then it shouldn't happen. Surely they can play in a different country? 

Surely they are tested frequently to ensure they can continue as normal?

What's the point of him testing negative several times and still having to self-isolate?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The crux of the point here is why are pointless, glorified friendly (1 of the 3 of them being literally a friendly) international games being played at a time where Europe is largely on lockdown and/or travel restrictions are in place.

While i'm at it i'll bring the 3rd game into question - There were never 3 games during an international break in normal times, obviously 3 games were planned before any of this hit but to have 3 games in the current climate is beyond me. New Zealand pulled out so was there any need to replace them just to make up a 3rd game.

I understand that by having this opinion it brings Champions League and Europa League games also into question but so be it.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Clubs can keep their eyes on their players with regular testing, keeping their players in a bit of a bubble.

Sending them away to mix with hundreds of other people all for them to potentially bring the virus back into the bubbles of their clubs is potentially seriously damaging. I don't necessarily think that Champions League and Europe League games and absolutely essential, but they're far more competitive than these international friendlies.

Agree club competitions are controlled by the club bubbles, sure their meeting other teams on the pitch during a game but with Internationals there's no bubbles players are lodging, training and playing together mixing bubbles. 

It's madness and unnecessary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Surely they are tested frequently to ensure they can continue as normal?

What's the point of him testing negative several times and still having to self-isolate?

Because there’s a new strain of COVID in Denmark that they are really worried about getting out and ruining vaccine efforts. They are so concerned that there are no exemptions. If you go to Denmark you can’t come back unless your a uk resident where you have to isolate for 14 days regardless of testing. It would only take one mistake with one of the players coming back from Denmark for this to turn into a disaster for the country. Best course of action for me would be to just not release kasper for international duty. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Belgium not got a ban on Denmark then? 

Youri and Dennis won’t be subject to the quarantine rules as they won’t have to go from Denmark to England potentially. Which would have happened if the fixture was reversed (last game of the international break) 

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I assume the game between Belgium and Denmark will be called off then also? 

Or is that the loophole which makes it 'all okay'

Why?

Belgium play Denmark in Belgium. 

The UK have imposed a travel ban from Denmark. 

No Belgians will be going to Denmark. 

23 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Why?

Belgium play Denmark in Belgium. 

The UK have imposed a travel ban from Denmark. 

No Belgians will be going to Denmark. 

You've just got the wrong end of the stick but okay. 

IF the Danish team can freely move to Belgium then Kasper isn't coming back from Denmark he will be travelling back from Belgium, well you'd assume so at least... there is the potential loophole for us to bypass the 'restrictions'. 

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You've just got the wrong end of the stick but okay. 

IF the Danish team can freely move to Belgium then Kasper isn't coming back from Denmark he will be travelling back from Belgium, well you'd assume so at least... there is the potential loophole for us to bypass the 'restrictions'. 

Ah, I see what you mean. Pretty hard for Kasper to deny he's been there though lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bryn said:

They really ought to be cancelling non-essential (i.e. pretty much all of it) international football at this time.

No international games should be played in Denmark right now. Absolute madness. Really ridiculous these pointless matches are taking place at this time at all.

• Like 1