Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

12 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

The worst then best of schmeichel there. The ball was in the air and I was shouting for him to claim it, with a running jump he has a massive advantage there but take nothing away from the save immediately afterwards, fantastic!!

Absolutely my thoughts at the time too, it was precisely his reticence to come off his line in the first place that gave them the opportunity to shoot in the first place. That's not to be a dig, merely stating facts.

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's very decent but nowhere near that I'm afraid. 

World class should mean a player that would get into any team in the world, as good as Kasper can be he wouldn’t get into any of Europe’s top teams. Barcelona. Real Madrid PSG Bayern. Liverpool, Man U etc. None of them would want him as first choice and none Have made offers for him. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Stop giving the ball away cheaply, didnt today but does it most games, work more on his distribution and maybe he will get there

I think his distribution this season has been excellent, sometimes with corners he could command his box more but with 3 at the back I'd bet he's told to stay back and let them deal with it

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I think his distribution this season has been excellent, sometimes with corners he could command his box more but with 3 at the back I'd bet he's told to stay back and let them deal with it

Playing 5 at the back has helped - there's always a decent option without needing to take a risk, either from the wingback or wide centre halves.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

World class should mean a player that would get into any team in the world, as good as Kasper can be he wouldn’t get into any of Europe’s top teams. Barcelona. Real Madrid PSG Bayern. Liverpool, Man U etc. None of them would want him as first choice and none Have made offers for him. 

Do you think vardy is world class? 

3 minutes ago, moseeds said:

Schmeicel is a world class goalkeeper. The only reason he's not considered so is because he wasn't bought for £72 million like Kepa Arrizabalaga or Allison were. Would any team in the world take Kepa over Schmeicel?

No they wouldn't but that doesn't automatically make Schmeichel world class. Maguire was bought for £80 million but he's far from world class.

I personally think he's just below world class, one of the best shot stoppers out there, but struggles with crosses and corners, if he was better at them though he wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be at Madrid or Barca.

53 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

What does he have to do for you to call him world class ffs? 

Move off his line at set peices, command his box and improve his distribution drastically. He's a brilliant shot stopper. An excellent club goalkeeper but world class not in a million years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pulled off a wonder save from Neves today but should probably claimed the ball right before when it was on his 6 yo line. Kicking still a bit rubbish but he’s a really good keeper and I’d rather have him than not and another we will need to do well to replace - especially his leadership 

Players who will not be travelling to Denmark include Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, Chelsea's Andreas Christensen, Tottenham's Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Everton trio Jonas Lössl, Robin Olsen and Gylfi Sigurdsson. Southampton defender Jannick Vestergaard, Newcastle's Emile Krafth, Burnley's Johann Berg Gudmundsson and Arsena's Runar Alex Runarsson will also not travel, while Manchester United said defender Victor Lindelof had already been excused from Sweden’s game in Denmark.

Schmeichel reacted angrily to the prospect of missing the games on Sunday night, saying the decision was groundless. 

“It is politics, I don't think it has a lot to do with science," he said. “The Government has made a decision for now and I hope they come to their senses. We are very protected, we are in a bubble, we get tested all the time. I hope to be able to participate in at least one if not two of the games.”

Schmeichel and others are expected to be released for their countries’ remaining November internationals, with Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho confirming on Sunday that Hojbjerg would link up with Denmark for their Nations League game in Belgium on Nov 18.

54 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Move off his line at set peices, command his box and improve his distribution drastically. He's a brilliant shot stopper. An excellent club goalkeeper but world class not in a million years. 

It's a game of opinions and I appreciate yours bu I disagree entirely 

• Like 1