Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham (H) pre match

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Wilf will possibly play in the Ukraine Thursday......

Castagne too although suspect we want him to play against sheff u so he would only get a brief run out. I get the feeling from today’s news that Fulham may come too early for him .....

Yeah but missing the bite in midfield 

An early goal for us here and we could walk this.

However poor their start, we need to respect them otherwise they could shock us here. All it takes is a free kick or corner in the first few minutes and then it’s us trying to break down 10 behind the ball!

• Like 1

On 26/11/2020 at 14:54, Fox42 said:

This. Don’t underestimate them. After coming so close to getting something vs West Ham and they played some really good stuff vs Everton, we need to stay cautious and switched on. Don’t disrespect them. 

I've seen Fulham only a couple of times, but each time they played better than their points haul thus far (or even individual results) would suggest.

On 26/11/2020 at 18:01, FoyleFox said:

I thought I heard Brendan say Castagne was another week or so but Ndidi might feature against Zoyra?

But Monday, more aggressive than Sunday or tonight first half. Improved pressing. Fulham have played well in spells and have been a bit unlucky in a couple of games. 

As the other half is a Fulham fan this is must win in my book. (Don't actually mind how good or bad we are as long as we win this one).

According to Brendan, Castagne felt something in training but scans show no damage.

He was however held out of the Liverpool and Braga games, so that he could play on Monday.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really hope we go with something like this:

Schmeichel

Castagne, Fofana, Evans, JJ

Maddison, Mendy, Tielemans

Ünder, Vards, Barnes

I don't think Fulham will park the bus. From what I've seen they'll try to play out from the back and keep possession. They've actually been decent between the two boxes, it's in the two boxes where they've struggled. So hopefully we'll see an open, exciting game.

Me too - would love to see Vards Under and Barnes up front with Maddison and Castagne working together on the right...

Vardy 5 Fulham 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Schmeichel

Ünder, Vards, Barnes

I don't think Fulham will park the bus. From what I've seen they'll try to play out from the back and keep possession. They've actually been decent between the two boxes, it's in the two boxes where they've struggled. So hopefully we'll see an open, exciting game.

Praet for Under to start with and i'd be very happy with that. I doubt that TC will start though - BR said on BT that he was a 'week or two' away. 

4 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

London Clubs as represented by their club emoji’s.

Arsenal = 🥱.    Chelsea = 🤬.    Millwall = 😱.    Tottenham = 🍼.    Leyton Orient = 😐.    Brentford = 🐝.    West Ham = 🍆

Crystal Palace = 🙈.    QPR = 🤠.    AFC Wimbledon = 🚮.    Charlton = 😢.    Fulham = 🤝

Surely Fulham has to be the nicest club in London, I’ve never met a nasty Fulham FC supporter.

Whilst this projection of kindness onto them is complimentary, it also comes at the cost of Fulham being one of the most ambivalent clubs we ever face. Other than a few cup comp games down the years, the odd league game here or there, and Matt Elliott’s 'Robbie Savage / Geoff Horsefield' story, we have very little history with Fulham

So other than approaching their games with a higher win expectancy than most, it’s not a game that stands out for me in the seasons fixture list as anything tasty.

For one, the only player that stands out to me who's played for both teams is Anthony Knockeart, and we pretty much all love him, so this fixture is docile to say the least.

Ask a Fulham fan if they fancy a “pre-match meet up” and you’ll be invited to “meet up” on Fulham Road, BoysnBerry Coffee House to fight about Ethiopian vs Costa Rican beans.

Approach any Fulham fan with your arms and hands extended horizontally, i.e the default “You Want Some?” pose, you will be duly hugged and before you know it, you’ll be chatting about which details were true and false in ‘The Crown’ as you wander merrily to ground.

I’ve known a few Fulham fans and unlike us, that have Derby, Forest, Cov, Wolves, Villa, Birmingham, Burton and even Tottenham if you truly believe what’s written on here, Fulham have only one rivalry and that’s Chelsea.

Always mention Chelsea to a Fulham fan for a laugh because this is the only time they will ever express emotion toward another team.

As soon as Chelsea is mentioned you will witness a “Captain Caveman” transformation and see them fight walls, it’s a sight to behold.

Of course, Fulham is a spiffingly good part of the capital. It’s a very wholesome, lycra friendly, bugaboo pushing, hunter footed area, it’s Clarendon Park on a bigger budget, yet very few Fulham fans live in the main area of Fulham.

That’s because there’s a little known secret that all Fulham fans actually live inside the cottage, that’s not shorthand for the ground, no, I mean they all live inside the actual cottage inside the stadium.

This is why it has never been knocked down for redevelopment and never will.

Inside the cottage is a magical Tardis where around 50,000 fans live.

Imagine the Hotel California and you’ll begin to understand how it works.

Inside, the living mingle with the dead in and there’s room for everybody, It’s even covid proof.

Currently, Fulham is the only the club to have actual fans in the ground watching games, this is why they are not complaining about fans returning to stadiums, they’re already there, and the sound you’ll hear from the fans on monday will be the actual 'atmosphere'.

So, may the best team and coffee beans win.

I think Tottenham lost their emoji a while back...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Schmeichel

Ünder, Vards, Barnes

Yes, would absolutely go with this team too.

4 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Approach any Fulham fan with your arms and hands extended horizontally, i.e the default “You Want Some?” pose, you will be duly hugged and before you know it

lol

Will deffo try this out at some point.

Not hugging people when that happens must be where I've always gone wrong.  

Edited by Vacamion
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Me too - would love to see Vards Under and Barnes up front with Maddison and Castagne working together on the right...

Vardy 5 Fulham 1

..wouldn't  the combination be more Under and Castagne!!!

I would think that Maddison would drift Centrally and effectively we would be playing with two number eights.

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Vardy 5 Fulham 1

..wouldn't  the combination be more Under and Castagne!!!

I would think that Maddison would drift Centrally and effectively we would be playing with two number eights.

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Sounds like castagne not back for this?

Rodgers said this week he would have the 'same squad' so that would mean he's damaged his hamstring again. 

FF686EBB-B4AA-4C77-802A-0594738435FB.thumb.jpeg.61bf52d0f3be22863af55c08cf4f3e66.jpeg

Edited by StanSP
  • Haha 1

On 27/11/2020 at 10:42, Haywood_6 said:

They missed two penalties against West Ham and Everton. probably should of got points in those games. They've got enough quality to spring a surprise on a few teams this season.

Professional performance is needed!

Totally agree with you. We usually struggle with making the running in these games  but we have to with this team. We have to be stable at the back for starters as the last two we've been poor. With that we can win if we keep the pace up and deliver the key killer blows. 

Can't see anything other than a 3-4-3 again as that seems the preference. I would expect a strong team and some rested if not even travelling for Thursday. 

Kasper

Justin    Fofana   Evans

Albrighton                           Thomas

Tielemans  Mendy

Maddison

Vardy           Barnes

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Praet, Choudhury, Under, Iheanacho, Slimani