Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham (H) pre match

Just now, Crocyfox79 said:

Castange hopeful to return maybe ndidi Fulham are fighting hopefully can get something out of this 👍

Wilf will possibly play in the Ukraine Thursday......

Castagne too although suspect we want him to play against sheff u so he would only get a brief run out. I get the feeling from today’s news that Fulham may come too early for him .....

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't see any of the injured players being involed except maybe Castange off the bench. I think it's much more likely we'll see him against Zorya in midweek though.

I thought I heard Brendan say Castagne was another week or so but Ndidi might feature against Zoyra?

But Monday, more aggressive than Sunday or tonight first half. Improved pressing. Fulham have played well in spells and have been a bit unlucky in a couple of games. 

As the other half is a Fulham fan this is must win in my book. (Don't actually mind how good or bad we are as long as we win this one).

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, casablancas said:

I think we will have learnt our lesson, as will have brends. I hope. 

A good start would be by not playing 5 at the back. To do so again would be yet another unnecessary show of caution and lack of ambition. They ought to be worried about what we're going to do, not the other way round. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Koke said:

If Rodgers play with a back 3 I'm going to bed early. Cant be arsed with playing 5 defenders at home to ****ing Fulham.

Problem is we played 4 at the back at home to West Ham and got spanked and then same again vs Villa and in both games managed to muster up aboit 3 shots all game. That said we have to get more attacking prowess in to our starting XI at home and a back 3 takes 1 away.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Problem is we played 4 at the back at home to West Ham and got spanked and then same again vs Villa and in both games managed to muster up aboit 3 shots all game. That said we have to get more attacking prowess in to our starting XI at home and a back 3 takes 1 away.

Against West Ham it was 3 at the back 

amartey Evans soyoncu 

Castagne Justin were wings backs

• Like 3

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

A good start would be by not playing 5 attack the back. To do so again would be yet another unnecessary show of caution and lack of ambition. They ought to be worried about what we're going to do, not the other way round. 

Agreed. Not a fan of turgid 5

• Like 1

We didn't go away from the back 3 yesterday even when we were chasing the game, it seems as though its the way we're going to go. But if we are to go with a back 3/5 we need to get the balance right. 

For this game I would be tempted to go the typical 352, playing Iheanacho and Vardy together, get bodies in the box, allows Maddison to play in a free role. Justin weakest position is the left wing back role for me, balance is not quite right with him there so I'd play him on the right instead of Albrighton, assuming Castagne isn't fit enough to start. Could play Justin in the back 3 but him and Fofana are both like to run into midfield. Creativity is a concern but Tielemans should be able to push further forward. 

Kasper 

Justin

Fofana

Evans

Fuchs

Thomas

Tielemans

Mendy

Maddison

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Could just go back to 4231 of course, with Fuchs or Thomas at left back, with Barnes/Under coming back in but just think we will be using that as the change-up formation. 

• Like 1

It's forgivable to slip up at Anfield. It's so much hard to to be satisfied with anything other than a win here. If we want to challenge for Europe, simply put Fulham at home is a game we should be winning. Their defence is weak, and we've shown ourselves capable of hitting teams for 3 or 4 this season when faced with opponents more open at the back (WBA, Burnley, Man City lol, Zorya, Leeds, Braga x2). I expect us to do the same here, but we'll have to be wary as they do have some talent going forwards that can hurt us. 

I would only change shape if, in what sounds an unlikely event, Castagne or Ricardo are ready to go. Otherwise stick with the back 5 for consistency's sake. I would swap Albrighton out for Thomas and bring Justin into the RWB role. The rest of the team unchanged from the Liverpool.

I suppose we should work out what the team should be for the Zorya game.

Ward

Justin Fofana Fuchs

Albrighton Praet Hamza Thomas

Under Barnes 

Iheanacho

Leave Schmeichel, Evans, Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy home.

Which means those players should play 90 minutes on Monday. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We didn't go away from the back 3 yesterday even when we were chasing the game, it seems as though its the way we're going to go. But if we are to go with a back 3/5 we need to get the balance right. 

For this game I would be tempted to go the typical 352, playing Iheanacho and Vardy together, get bodies in the box, allows Maddison to play in a free role. Justin weakest position is the left wing back role for me, balance is not quite right with him there so I'd play him on the right instead of Albrighton, assuming Castagne isn't fit enough to start. Could play Justin in the back 3 but him and Fofana are both like to run into midfield. Creativity is a concern but Tielemans should be able to push further forward. 

Kasper 

Justin

Fofana

Evans

Fuchs

Thomas

Tielemans

Mendy

Maddison

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Could just go back to 4231 of course, with Fuchs or Thomas at left back, with Barnes/Under coming back in but just think we will be using that as the change-up formation. 

I think it will very much depend on the opposition. At home to cannon fodder and although he has previous for needless defensive bodies it wouldn't surprise me to see us lose a CB to get 3 CM's and 2 wingers in to support Vardy. 

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

We should dominate these and smash them off the park. 

So I’m expecting a humiliating 1-0 defeat. 

I’ve  been a Fox for a long time now. I know what to expect. 

I know what you mean, and I have that doubt as well, however this is where we see the lessons learned and improvements going forward 3 to 1 for the Foxes.

Lets try and attack a team for a change. 4141 for me. These were the apparent games Under was purchased for so lets so what he can do.

Kasper

Castagne    Fofana Evans       Justin

Mendy   

Under   Maddison   Tielemens   Barnes

Vardy

Edited by les-tah