Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Twitcher

Best Starting Eleven

I wonder if Brendan has a clear view of this. I'm sure it would differ to mine, (when everyone's fit)

Schmeichel

‐----------------

Ricardo right-back

Castagne left-back  (assume he can play that side)

Soyoncu

Fofana

--------------

Ndidi - middle 

Tielemans - middle

Albrighton - right-hand side

Maddison - middle (ahead of the others)

Barnes - left-hand side (ahead of the others)

‐----------------

Vardy

As much as possible to operate as a 4,4,2 (especially defensively)

Harsh on Mendy but there we are. For me too much chopping and changing amongst Under, Ayoze, Praet, Albrighton, Barnes and that has nothing to do with injuries.

Barnes had to start last night, and if he wanted to keep momentum with Thomas, stick him at left-back.

If it was my "life depended on it" must win 11 that would be it. First change would be Kelechi for Tielemans with Maddison filling in.

Key message in there from me Barnes and Albrighton every time.

What's your eleven...........?

We do have a decent squad, don’t we! We just need to get the team selection and tactics right.

For me (based on current skills but assuming everyone is healthy):

Schmeichel

‐----------------

Ricardo right-back

Castagne left-back  (assume he can play that side)

Soyoncu

Evans (Fofana is still a bit too raw for me and made some glaring mistakes in recent games; need an experienced head)

--------------

Mendy - middle just in front of back 4 (this is very hard for me and I would pick Ndidi as of October-December 2019 but not the Ndidi since)

Tielemans - middle

Under - right-hand side (just pips out Albrighton but very close)

Praet - middle (ahead of the others) (just pips Perez based on current form but I rate Perez; also I would pick Nachos if we play with 2 forwards)

Barnes - left-hand side (ahead of the others)

‐----------------

Vardy

• Like 1

I meant to give a mention for Justin as well. Harsh on him, because he works hard, but I would have to leave him out. 

Re. Evans on current form, I think he's looked vulnerable and Fofana has a better telling pass, and comes forward more, rather than the dreaded sideways pass.

We are just too exposed with three at the back. We shouldn't be as vulnerable as we are when WE, (i.e. our) have a corner, to the counter-attack.

Still room for making changes; we have to playing twice a week, but you must have a view in your mind of your best eleven. Pretty sure Kopp will have. I'm just not sure Brendan knows what his is.

Don't forget I'm saying here for a one-off game and you have to put your best eleven out that will win it.

Edited by Twitcher

I'm not sure Maddison currently gets into our best 11. He seems too much of a luxury at the moment, consistently giving the ball away and not finding the passes in between the lines or chipping in with goals/assists.

I think i'd be looking at Youri/Ndidi/Praet as a 3 with Barnes/Vardy/Under.

• Like 2

Kasper 

Pereira 

Evans/Fofana 

Soyuncu 

Castagne 

Ndidi 

Tielemans 

Maddison/Praet

Under/Ayoze

Vardy

Barnes 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

Kasper

Fofana Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Maddison

Vardy **

** being one of Under, Praet, Perez, Iheanacho or Barnes. Depending on opposition.

Hopefully we go out and actually buy a Mahrez replacement in January though so we can switch to 

Kasper

Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Castagne

Ndidi

** Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

4–1-4-1

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans (Fofana needs to be eased in as he has looked every bit a 19 year old with <50 apps in the last 3 games)

Soyuncu 

Castagne

Ndidi

Under

Tielemans

Madders (play him at 8 where he can get more involved. He goes missing when he’s forced to play as a false left winger)

Barnes

Vardy

I’m more than happy for us to change to a 3 at the back when playing against teams where we expect to sit in and play on the counter, but we have to have better wide options than JJ and Thomas. They’re not creative enough to be a threat or an outlet. 

• Like 1

Evans or Fofana is an iffy one to me.

Fofana has put in some more expected performances over the last few games, rather than the exceptional ones he was putting in immediately following his move. Not a criticism, just a bit of a reality check for us, I suppose.

Evans, meanwhile, seems in some of his worst form since he’s arrived here. Usually inspires a lot of confidence in me, but of late I haven’t felt that at all. More than likely a result of the amount of games he’s been playing whilst being rushed back from a few knocks. That said, watching him play that idiotic ball across the box from that free kick last night, putting us under unnecessary pressure when already two down make me think he’s perhaps drained mentally and that’s playing into it, too. Schoolboy stuff.

Think Evans is still the sensible choice of the two in back four but I look forward to the return of Cags.

Interesting that there's a real mix of views. Maybe at the moment there isn't a clear best eleven for this team. Some players are nailed on; Vardy, Ricardo, but it could just be a position where it's not obvious. I've known sides in the past, (looking at all teams, not just City) where the eleven just picks itself. 

8 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Still a skills gap wide right. you can make a case for Under, Albrighton, Perez and Praet.

But none would feature regularly there in a top 6 side.

Under hasn’t even a proper run of starting games yet! Need to get him in from the start much more often 

Not saying this is our best team - But its certainly one i'd love to see. Whilst Barnes clearly needs to work on his finishing to be a clinical ST, i have noticed on a lot of occasions that him and Vardy seem to look for each other and bounce off of each other. I also hate seeing Vardy on his own up top because he becomes so isolated.

Gutted to drop Youri but whilst he is capable of that killer pass, a lot of the time he's panting around the pitch looking like an exhausted 40 year old ex Pro at a soccer aid match.

Schmeichel

Fofana  Soyunchu

Ricardo                               Justin

Ndidi

Under                                Castagne

Maddison

Vardy        Barnes

Edited by adejo92

Best 11 will vary based on the opposition. If everyone’s fit it won’t be the same team at home to Fulham than away at Anfield.

All I do know is that Kasper, Ricardo, Castagne, Ndidi, Tielemans and Vardy get in the team whoever/wherever we are playing.

Three at the back would be Evans, Cags and Fofana but when a back four for me it would depend on who we are up against. Would pick Evans if up against a physical threat but Cags/Fofana if up against pace.

Maddison needs to be central. If it means sacrificing him against the bigger boys (from the start) then so be it. Praet/Mendy would help more defensively in a three if that’s what’s required.

Out wide there would be some games suited for Barnes and Under but plenty where Perez would be useful. He’s not an out and out winger but uses the ball well and his hold up play is underrated imo.