Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

Oh my God!  We all had a pretty good idea of what it looked liked from @Billynomates and others snaps but that was some reveal.

That is truly going to be envy of world football when it comes to training facilities and is going to put us on the map as serious contenders.

We are MASSIVE.

hope the club is sending that vid out to Messi and cos agents, cos they gotta be impressed.

Edited by urban fox

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wondered how long it would take before the woke brigade started moaning about the women’s team not being there. 

Where are they then? I'm the least woke person on the planet but I thought they'd be based at the new training ground!

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Incredible to think how the club has grown since Vichai and Tops involvement. Watching that video and thinking back over the years I’ve been supporting City, the struggles and ups and downs, add the proposed stadium expansion and realising we’ve becoming the club I’d dreamed us to be as a young boy. We are now on a completely different level to what we were a few years ago and the clubs in the best shape we’ve ever been in and it’s thanks to the owners who have a plan and the ambition to see it being carried out.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

13 minutes ago, Gresley Fox said:

Will they add the fox wall? (image not video)

Screenshot_2020-12-22-17-44-15-34.jpg

Someone said either on here on a previous thread that they couldn't get it done yet and it was low priority anyway.

We'd not been shown that design before either; on the plans it was a flower arrangement I think, whereas that clip has never been shown/leaked before.

4 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I’ve never actually visited Belvoir Drive, does it have a show pitch for fans to watch the womens team with seating? Or is it just for training and the matches will still be played in Quorn?

States on the official site some women’s games will be played here at the 499 stadium 

1 hour ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I don’t know why people need regular updates.

we all know it was being built,and what the progress was with all the pictures.No need for an announcement from the club:huh:

If you’d ever been in a leadership position you’d know the importance of communications, internal & external. You’d know what the role of comms is, what good comms look like and what poor comms look like. 
I’m not sure that @Facecloth & @baldeaglehave ever lead more than a scout troop. Plainly neither had any idea about the (small & relatively insignificant) point I was trying to make, confusing it with the impatience of a child at Xmas.
Still, lesson learned. I’ll try only to engage with the grown ups in future. Not a dig at you @Speedwell 🦊

• Haha 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

If you’d ever been in a leadership position you’d know the importance of communications, internal & external. You’d know what the role of comms is, what good comms look like and what poor comms look like. 
I’m not sure that @Facecloth & @baldeaglehave ever lead more than a scout troop. Plainly neither had any idea about the (small & relatively insignificant) point I was trying to make, confusing it with the impatience of a child at Xmas.
Still, lesson learned. I’ll try only to engage with the grown ups in future. Not a dig at you @Speedwell 🦊

Well every single fan is happy except you, so I think you're over egging your "knowledge". There was no need for the club to give us constant updates.

In fact, seeing as you're such an expert, why haven't you said exactly what you expect, you seem to keep dodging that question. Just moaning for the sake of moaning I think, the clubs played this well.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Well every single fan is happy except you, so I think you're over egging your "knowledge". There was no need for the club to give us constant updates.

In fact, seeing as you're such an expert, why haven't you said exactly what you expect, you seem to keep dodging that question. Just moaning for the sake of moaning I think, the clubs played this well.

I think you’ll find I did exactly that

12 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

None of us have probably ever been in a leadership position of a huge global football club though, so on the basis of that, it's only our own expectations that we're trying to live up to in terms of how they've managed the comms on this training ground complex.

You think they've not done enough - fair enough. But that doesn't mean to say that's wrong. Maybe they've kept it quiet for a reason? Maybe they didn't want people leaking it and it was just because people who were registered on here had access to the training site and took the liberty of posting pictures they'd taken. 

Unless you work at the club, you have no idea what good/poor comms looked like here with this project. So you come across quite arrogant to be quite honest saying 'if you'd ever been in a leadership position...' etc etc. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

We are all entitled to an opinion Steve.I’m self employed and have to communicate with customers all the time.But we’ve all been aware of what’s been going on with pictures,videos etc.I’m now excited that they’re finally moving in to the facility.Nothing more needed to know really IMO.No offence taken btw.👍🏻

Edited by Speedwell 🦊
  • Like 2