Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

On 10/12/2020 at 21:00, Steve Earle said:

I wasn’t asking for daily progress reports.

What are we doing? Why are we doing it? When will it be ready? What does it mean for the players? What does it mean for the fans & other stakeholders?

Just comms. It’s the job. And we’re lousy at it. So far.

34 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I think you’ll find I did exactly that

So found the above post from a few weeks back. So at the start they released the plans, I doing so they explained why we wanted and needed a new training ground and taking the club to the next level. That's the first two dealt with. We had a finish date told to us at the start. Now I'm not sure if you've noticed the global pandemic thats been cracking off this year, but lots of things have been up in the air, and that original finish date passed, and I'm pretty sure after that, in the current climate it was never set in stone. I've seen a few player talk about how they are looking forward to starting there, as has the manager. Also in the original plans it was mentioned what facilities the players would have.

Now did you want them to constantly repeat all this on a regular basis? Or as someone who claims to be such a communication expert, do you think you might want to pay more attention in future?

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

It could have been a quick and understandable few million reclaimed back by selling Belvoir Drive.

Our owners?... just provide LCFC Women with what must be the best sole women's training facility in the country (in the world?!)?!

:appl:

This is a really good point. Surely it must be up there?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They have been given Belvoir Drive.

This is an interesting one, because you could understand if they felt like second-class citizens at not being able to use the same Training Academy as the men's team. Apparently Alex Morgan the women's USA striker insisted that the Spurs women's team be able to use the men's facilities during her recent loan to Spurs ladies. 

But at the same time, having your very own "home" that is all yours is also motivating. Put it this way, do you want to live in a really nice house with your mum and dad, or would you prefer to live in a slightly pokier and more run down place nearer the city that is your own pad? I could definitely see the second being of more interest! I am sure they were consulted and went for this option, and they still get to go to Seagrave to use those facilities if they want to / need to. Plus Belvoir Drive was literally used by a title winning Premiership team! Can't be all that shabby eh?

What Great timing & a Great Christmas present...For All Leicester City fans...

Its been a  miserable Time this past Year .but just for this moment The Leicester Sporting public, can indulge themselves,

By looking back on their own ..Short or long memories of where they literally  seen & believed, or just Dreamed how far

their Club will Match up to their own individual fantasies,hopes,compromises and expectations...

If you like me your support & memories go back to the late fifties,or if your a young lad/lass who stepped & Stamped on those Terrace

For the 1St Time in the 60s..70s..80s,..90s even 2000-2010, then all those past Trials & tribulations & far out speculations have seen our

Un-dwindling, faithfull support ,be blessed in Guiding us to this defining era of the last ten years...I

This Training-center ,confirmed & qualified that These "Nobodies & Vagabonds".  are ready and willing to Take the Next 10 years, into a Next

step era...we couldnt  and darent believe was possible..way back in those "small club" days..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is an interesting one, because you could understand if they felt like second-class citizens at not being able to use the same Training Academy as the men's team. Apparently Alex Morgan the women's USA striker insisted that the Spurs women's team be able to use the men's facilities during her recent loan to Spurs ladies. 

But at the same time, having your very own "home" that is all yours is also motivating. Put it this way, do you want to live in a really nice house with your mum and dad, or would you prefer to live in a slightly pokier and more run down place nearer the city that is your own pad? I could definitely see the second being of more interest! I am sure they were consulted and went for this option, and they still get to go to Seagrave to use those facilities if they want to / need to. Plus Belvoir Drive was literally used by a title winning Premiership team! Can't be all that shabby eh?

Surely the buildings at Belvoir Drive can be renovated too. Now you don’t require the whole club on site. You could easily build a new club building for on it and demolish the old one.

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Not one to make sensationalist statements but this is going to be an absolute game changer for us. Absolutely incredible testament to the ambition of our wonderful owners.

... or a moment of hubris.

36 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Surely the buildings at Belgium Drive can be renovated too. Now you don’t require the whole club on site. You could easily build a new club building for on it and demolish the old one.

Bloody hell how many buildings do we now own :o?!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

If you’d ever been in a leadership position you’d know the importance of communications, internal & external. You’d know what the role of comms is, what good comms look like and what poor comms look like. 
I’m not sure that @Facecloth & @baldeaglehave ever lead more than a scout troop. Plainly neither had any idea about the (small & relatively insignificant) point I was trying to make, confusing it with the impatience of a child at Xmas.
Still, lesson learned. I’ll try only to engage with the grown ups in future. Not a dig at you @Speedwell 🦊

You couldn’t be any more wrong about never leading anything more than a scout group .