Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

34 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Meh. It's alright I guess, not quite as stylish as West Ham's Beauty :wub:

EhGkArEXgA0wHzk.jpg

Dg7xu3-X4AAg_QZ?format=jpg&name=large

Ep2Qa5YXEAEYlXd?format=jpg&name=large

Unfair.

To get the full sense of West Ham's training ground, you must have the aerial view.

480137541_WHAM995.thumb.PNG.627da254cf6e999ef544ed86b95d1789.PNG

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I think you and @baldeagle need to have a look at yourselves.

It's a forum. I had reason to criticise the club's comms, and FWIW I believe I was right to do so. The club isn't infallible. I have no sense that either you or Baldy understand what good comms looks like, though of course I may be wrong. This hasn't been good. So what you might say? Or 'we've been told now'? Have a different view by all means, but don't patronise me or accuse me of 'bitching about the club'. 

Do you think Michelangelo revealed David before it was finished??

Why do they need to keep us updated in a training ground we know was being developed? Why did they need to send out weekly, or even monthly, updates? What did we need to see? Why did we need to see it? 

We knew it was there, we knew it was a £100million investment and we knew it would be one of the best training facilities in Europe.

I genuinely don't know why you felt the need to be kept updated on someone's place of work? 

It's one thing to have a keen interest and be eager to see it, but another thing to feel like you've been kept out of the loop on something which is effectively none of your business.

• Like 3

Wow!! Facilities look amazing!! This is a real feather in the cap for the Club and the Owners and am sure this will impress the players we have along with anyone looking to join the club. We’ve come far from the days Martin O’Neill used to bring players onto the pitch walking backwards so they could only see the main stand at Filbert Street...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Am I the only one with a tear in my eye watching the video of the new training centre? In 2008 we were in League One! We were complete pish, had a joke of a squad and just the thought of getting back to the Premier League seemed a million miles away. 

A few years later in come new owners and you have no idea what to expect. There have been so many crap owners in Football; the Glazers, the Kroenke's, the Venky's, Peter Risdale, etc, etc. I feared the worst, I really did. Instead somehow we find ourselves here in this incredible resurgence of the club.

I genuinely think that Coronavirus came about simply to balance out the karma for us Leicester City fans! Winning the league, Jamie Vardy, Training Centre and Stadium Improvements. It would all be too perfect otherwise! lol

Massive day for the club, I feel so proud to support the Foxes!

I genuinely feared it was going to be a take over and they were going to be like Vincent Tan. 

Vichai and Top deserve the utmost respect for what they've done for us in a relatively short space of time and I really, really hope that there is plenty more to come in the future 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Serious question. Will the club offer tours to the academy? Obviously not during regular season, but perhaps during the off season break? I would pay to go!

You can visit Clarefontaine in France, and I believe La Masia in Barcelona too, so it's not out of the question. This place is like a mecca for Leicester City fans, and I would happily pay tribute. I hope they consider it!

Edited by StriderHiryu

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I think you and @baldeagle need to have a look at yourselves.

It's a forum. I had reason to criticise the club's comms, and FWIW I believe I was right to do so. The club isn't infallible. I have no sense that either you or Baldy understand what good comms looks like, though of course I may be wrong. This hasn't been good. So what you might say? Or 'we've been told now'? Have a different view by all means, but don't patronise me or accuse me of 'bitching about the club'. 

I think you are the one needing  to have at look  at yourself  . Acting  like a spoilt kid who wants to open his presents on Christmas Eve because  he can’t wait any longer . What communication  did you exactly want from the club seeing as you  say it had not been any good . A daily update , weekly update, monthly update ? How they’re still waiting for a delivery of cement or how they are doing with packing at the old training ground . There is  no point on updating and saying well we’ve cracked on this week but we not got a moving in date  yet or sending out pictures of unfinished work . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Serious question. Will the club offer tours to the academy? Obviously not during regular season, but perhaps during the off season break? I would pay to go!

You can visit Clarefontaine in France, and I believe La Masia in Barcelona too, so it's not out of the question. This place is like a mecca for Leicester City fans, and I would happily pay tribute. I hope they consider it!

I would definitely pay to go and have a look.

what an outstanding facility.It does make me so proud to see how far the club has come.
A massive step forward.

COYB:scarf:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I think you are the one needing  to have at look  at yourself  . Acting  like a spoilt kid who wants to open his presents on Christmas Eve because  he can’t wait any longer . What communication  did you exactly want from the club seeing as you  say it had not been any good . A daily update , weekly update, monthly update ? How they’re still waiting for a delivery of cement or how they are doing with packing at the old training ground . There is  no point on updating and saying well we’ve cracked on this week but we not got a moving in date  yet or sending out pictures of unfinished work . 

I don’t know why people need regular updates.

we all know it was being built,and what the progress was with all the pictures.No need for an announcement from the club:huh:

• Thanks 1