Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

9 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Area around the pitch doesn’t look fully finished/cleaned up, probably why it’s not been shown so much.

Press release says LCFC Women are playing there, if that’s true the total capacity will need upping to around 1,200 at least for it to reach WSL/Championship ground grading standards so that might be another reason it’s not complete yet.

0EBE2419-11A7-4165-974E-8893C8348E8A.jpeg

Does that mean the public will be allowed access to the women’s matches?

11 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Area around the pitch doesn’t look fully finished/cleaned up, probably why it’s not been shown so much.

Press release says LCFC Women are playing there, if that’s true the total capacity will need upping to around 1,200 at least for it to reach WSL/Championship ground grading standards so that might be another reason it’s not complete yet.

0EBE2419-11A7-4165-974E-8893C8348E8A.jpeg

...wasn't there some stipulation in respect of seating why we limited the seats to 499!!!

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...wasn't there some stipulation in respect of seating why we limited the seats to 499!!!

Believe so but those rules might not apply to any standing sections which is allowed in the WSL/Women’s Championship, of course the move could just be whilst everything’s behind closed doors/limited attendance anyway in which case I imagine the capacity part of ground grading might be waived 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Does that mean the public will be allowed access to the women’s matches?

Yeah providing fans are allowed by law/covid tier they’d pretty much have to let the public in (Frank and the newts will love that), move could just be for whilst games are behind closed doors though and then back to Farley Way after

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Does seagrave have a pub? We could pack it out before a match, chanting at locals drunkenly, singing “where did you get that hat” to pensioners etc. Cans from the offy on the village green, puke in their red phone box (come on, their bound to have one, one that works as well) before staggering up that hill. I reckon frank would love the boost it would give to the local economy in such times. lol 

Even better when you remember 90% of games are early afternoon on Sundays, the regulars at the local pub showing up for their roast dinner will love that lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

This sounds like it’s leading to a contemporary LCFC song 

10 Jeffrey Schlupps

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

4 League Cups

3 call girls 

12 Kings a Powering

10 Jeffreys Schlupping

9 Vardy's Partying

8 Monks a blessing

6 Swans a Chandling

4 League Cups

3 call girls

And a Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha

(yes I know swans are 7, but tell that to Arthur Chandler)

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Does seagrave have a pub? We could pack it out before a match, chanting at locals drunkenly, singing “where did you get that hat” to pensioners etc. Cans from the offy on the village green, puke in their red phone box (come on, their bound to have one, one that works as well) before staggering up that hill. I reckon frank would love the boost it would give to the local economy in such times. lol 

Yes it does, and it makes the Robert Peel in town look spacious. Would be hilarious to see a hundred-plus city fans descend on it. 😂

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

12 Kings a Powering

10 Jeffreys Schlupping

9 Vardy's Partying

8 Monks a blessing

6 Swans a Chandling

4 League Cups

3 call girls

2 Pearson Hirings

53 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

12 Kings a Powering

10 Jeffreys Schlupping

9 Vardy's Partying

8 Monks a blessing

6 Swans a Chandling

4 League Cups

3 call girls

11 consecutive goals are scoring

1 hour ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

12 Kings a Powering

10 Jeffreys Schlupping

9 Vardy's Partying

8 Monks a blessing

6 Swans a Chandling

4 League Cups

3 call girls

5 - 3 Man U

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

12 Kings a Powering

10 Jeffreys Schlupping

9 Vardy's Partying

8 Monks a blessing

6 Swans a Chandling

4 League Cups

3 call girls

No mention of any foxes?  Imma disappoint. :P 

14 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I did wonder why the club spent 100m on a training ground rather than players but after seeing that I'm completely sold. My word, what a setup.

Have also heard that Dwight Mcneil has already been spotted in the sauna there.

I've always supported it as money and players come and go but this is an investment in infrastructure that will last decades. For clubs our size relegation is an occupational hazard and it would be criminal to go down again with nothing to show for it. Hopefully things like this keeps us in the top group of teams outside the big six.

I've got a friend who lives on the Notts/Lincs border and he says that Leicester is the dominant team in the area for scouting and attracting players. It's no coincidence that the new training ground was built in the north of the county to attract the best lads from Derby, Notts and Lincs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

No, it changed around. There are a pack of eight foxes to arrive in the new year by commission to be installed in the fountain.

What’s the significance/meaning of 8? Obviously the sculpture we’ve seen is a figure of 8 and now 8 Foxes.

Only think I can think of it was 8 years into his chairmanship that we lost Vichai, which should be 10 years now but obviously tragically cut short.