Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (H)..pre match thread

Not sure it'll be the case, but often see the odd token squad selection at this time of year to remind scouts/other managers that certain players are still alive/available to buy lol 

Wouldn't be overly shocked to see Slim/Gray take up bench slots in the coming weeks.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why are people including Castagne in their lineups? 

Has there been some kind of announcement that he's ready to play and go straight in?! Or is it just wishful thinking... 

Rodgers said that he will have a late fitness test to see if he is ready for today and if not he should be ready for the Spurs game

• Like 2

i think we may see Wilf in as a CB tonight as he'd have a lot less running to do with this being his 3rd game in a Week. We also need his pace against  Richarlison and DC Lewis who are both strong and quick. Who partners him is a guess.

Right now I'd take a point.  It may be a case of score one and put up the shutters. But hasn't Kelechi got history of scoring against them. So you never know.

Though a win against these would make a massive statement of where we are in the order of prominence. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

Rodgers said that he will have a late fitness test to see if he is ready for today and if not he should be ready for the Spurs game

That's good to hear! Missed that previously. 

Promising at a busy time of the season and hopefully he doesn't get a new/recurrence of an injury like Ricardo did

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not sure it'll be the case, but often see the odd token squad selection at this time of year to remind scouts/other managers that certain players are still alive/available to buy lol 

Wouldn't be overly shocked to see Slim/Gray take up bench slots in the coming weeks.

I don't think Gray is eligible, but please someone correct me if wrong. 

Albrighton  ndidi  fofana  justin 

Mendy

Under     praet    tielemans   barnes

vardy

4-1-4-1

I really don't want big wes because of Everton's speed in attack.

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think Brendan would not trust Morgan to step in for Evans and play a flat back 4, so I think Morgan will start but in a back 3, with Justin moving in alongside as Fuchs will need to be rested also.

Kasper 

Fofana   Morgan  Justin 

Albrighton                         Thomas

Ndidi

Perez   Tielemans Maddison 

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Praet, Barnes, Under, Mendy, Iheanacho 

...if Ünder is fit, why not play him in on the right of the front three!!!

Perez pulled back into this position gives us good work rate but not the threat I believe we would get from him if played centrally. Maddison pushed wide seems to replicate the decisions we have taken before and failed, as he can not influence the game from that position and it is unfair to shoehorn him into the team in a position that sets him up to fail.

Edited by sacreblueits442

30 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Schmeichel, Justin, Ndidi, Fofana, Fuchs, Mendy, Tielemanz, Under, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy

global voice of the fans Sean 

If true thats probably our strongest available lineup at the moment - possibly Fuchs the only exception. Although he's more experienced defensively in a 4atb than Thomas is, so it makes sense. Would be good to see Ünder starting as well.

Edited by Xen