Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (H)..pre match thread

9 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

This is a game where despite always saying 4141 could be a game 5 could be ok for 3 reasons:

Everton arnt a ‘weaker’ team

A draw wouldn’t be a disaster here

Most importantly we are without Evans

I still think we could be good with 4 at the back as Everton don’t have much pace bar Richarlson and I think Morgan could cope with DCL especially with Fofanas pace next to him.

Kasper

Justin Fofana Morgan Thomas

Ndidi Tielemens

Maddison

Under Vardy Barnes

Or we could go:

Kasper

Justin Fofana Morgan Fuchs Thomas

Ndidi Tielemens

Maddison        Barnes

Vardy 

Perez Albrighton Under are all different options. This is a game where who knows what he will go with.

The one thing that he needs to not do though is move Ndidi to CB.

We need him in the CM position more than ever this game, with Docoure and Allan in there for them, we need a 3 with Wilf YT and either Praet or Madders. 

No Mendy?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Just thought I'd have a quick look at what our counterparts thought about the game. I personally have no axe to grind against Everton, in fact I remember how sporting some of their fans were to ours in the last match of our winning year by giving up their tickets to Leicester fans. Some interesting points of view as follows:

1. Leicester are one of the most confusing teams for me, they beat teams they shouldn't and lose to teams they should crush.  They are inconsistent and their lineups are as well which is not surprising with Brenda at the helm.

2. I think Justin is a weak link. I would run in behind him and between him and Fuchs all day (if he plays on the left). If he plays on the right, they have another young lad that can be targeted. I'm not sure what has happened with Castagne but last time Albrighton played RWB and again he can be attacked albeit he is decent enough going forward. 

If they play with 523 I also think you can pass through their midfield a lot easier than you can when they play 443 and they would be more of a threat if Maddison was central as well. If its 523 he is likely to play wide so fingers crossed they don't change shape!

There are in fairness some reasonable points in there. In fairness to Rodgers, albeit I have been one of the doubters of some of his tactics, selections and formations, he has been working with a hell of an injury burden and has done a lot right also.

The second one was quite telling. I personally would dispute the weakness of Justin but the comments regarding our formations and prospects with them are good observations for me. I think a 5 with Morgan and Fuchs would demonstrate this.

I would question their formation analysis as I would love us to play 4-4-3. With 12 players on the pitch, I would agree that they will struggle to play through us rather than 11 . Unless they are saying we don't play with a keeper and throw Kasper up front?! 😁

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 3

First of four big games that could define our season a fascinating mix of teams that are horrid to face, good sides and banana skins. Loose this and we put pressure on ourselves to beat spurs, win this and draw spurs puts us in a great position. 

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t expect a variation from a back 3, especially as Everton will likely set up that way 

They played 4 at the back vs Chelsea on Saturday.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Just thought I'd have a quick look at what our counterparts thought about the game. I

"I also think you can pass through their midfield a lot easier than you can when they play 443"

Not sure Everton will be allowed to start with 12 players.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Just thought I'd have a quick look at what our counterparts thought about the game. I personally have no axe to grind against Everton, in fact I remember how sporting some of their fans were to ours in the last match of our winning year by giving up their tickets to Leicester fans. Some interesting points of view as follows:

1. Leicester are one of the most confusing teams for me, they beat teams they shouldn't and lose to teams they should crush.  They are inconsistent and their lineups are as well which is not surprising with Brenda at the helm.

2. I think Justin is a weak link. I would run in behind him and between him and Fuchs all day (if he plays on the left). If he plays on the right, they have another young lad that can be targeted. I'm not sure what has happened with Castagne but last time Albrighton played RWB and again he can be attacked albeit he is decent enough going forward. 

If they play with 523 I also think you can pass through their midfield a lot easier than you can when they play 443 and they would be more of a threat if Maddison was central as well. If its 523 he is likely to play wide so fingers crossed they don't change shape!

There are in fairness some reasonable points in there. In fairness to Rodgers, albeit I have been one of the doubters of some of his tactics, selections and formations, he has been working with a hell of an injury burden and has done a lot right also.

The second one was quite telling. I personally would dispute the weakness of Justin but the comments regarding our formations and prospects with them are good observations for me. I think a 5 with Morgan and Fuchs would demonstrate this.

Name one club in the league with any consistency right now.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

You did ask...

Thank You. Now if I only had the willpower to look away and not respond. I can't help myself.

Just watched the Match Preview on Amazon Prime, fairly lightweight as these shows inevitably are, but there was one good point (Made by NYT chief football writer) and that was that IF you have a talismanic striker like Vardy (Or Kane, for example) it is quite natural and correct that you rely on them and they define the way you play. You can be concerned about succession planning of course, but it should in no way shape current style or personnel.

Pretty obvious I know, but its good to hear it stated in what feels like a forum type topic.

Oh, and he also said Leicester are not the best of the rest, they are currently in the best bracket..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just watched the Match Preview on Amazon Prime, fairly lightweight as these shows inevitably are, but there was one good point (Made by NYT chief football writer) and that was that IF you have a talismanic striker like Vardy (Or Kane, for example) it is quite natural and correct that you rely on them and they define the way you play. You can be concerned about succession planning of course, but it should in no way shape current style or personnel.

Pretty obvious I know, but its good to hear it stated in what feels like a forum type topic.

Oh, and he also said Leicester are not the best of the rest, they are currently in the best bracket..

Now watch us lose 3-0 to Everton.  Inevitable when Chelsea, Man City dropped points :)

• Sad 1

I hope we don't play morgan today especially if we are likely to play a 4-1-4-1 give our defender problems! Everton will exploit our system more on the counter and Morgan isn't up to that anymore. I'd rather keep ndidi in the DM position and put justin next to Fofana. Play Albrighton at right back with Barnes and under as wingers. Madders in behind vardy with Tielemans in his usual place.

A lot points to this being the first draw of the season. They can be decent when they're on it, they won't necessarily come here negatively which will help us but I'm sure Ancellotti is well aware of our difficulties breaking teams down, Calvert-lewin is a big threat and I'm really not sure how best way to go defensively. Morgan is best bet to deal with him, but we don't want any situation where Morgan has them running at him. Fofana will have to be careful diving in with Richarlison. 

That said you can definitely get at their defence, Vardy has made Keane look silly plenty of times and we need to put pressure on them. 

I'm going for a score draw. 

• Like 1