Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (H)..pre match thread

Ancelotti - "The squad is practically the same. I don’t want to take a risk on Seamus Coleman, who is quite ready and fit, but we’d prefer to leave him out for this game and be ready for the next game on Saturday [against Arsenal]. We have James out, who is starting his individual rehab, and we’ll check him day by day. Delph is also out; the others are all OK."

YES, thank goodness Delph's out!

15 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Duly appreciate your own concern about my usage of literal and colloquial terms lol

Nonetheless, my deliberate usage of "shouldn't" should have been clear enough without the need for a pedantic dissertation. :ph34r:

It's not really anything to do with literal or colloquial - that's just not what it means. Anyway, since you're evidently either a master wind-up merchant or a misguided AI experiment gone wrong, I'll leave you to it chief

• Thanks 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The Cags one has me a tad puzzled. Appears to be a mental thing more than a physical injury now? Great news on Castagne.

where the injury is I would say it is a mental thing as in committing to a tackle / sprint / lunge and knowing that your body is fine and will be fine to do it. 

It is scary when you come back from an injury. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martyn said:

I expect this to be a very tight game. Possibly our first draw of the season.

Would have big Wes come in for this one rather than dropping Ndidi back. Keeps players in their preferred position and Wilf protects the back line a lot more effectively than Mendy.

Agreed.  If we drop Ndidi to CB and bring in Mendy to replace him as DM then the overall effect is not to improve the height situation at all.

52 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The Cags one has me a tad puzzled. Appears to be a mental thing more than a physical injury now? Great news on Castagne.

Being tentative on an injury isn’t anything to worry about. The lad is young, likely had his first significant injury and is probably a bit cautious of it. 

Muscle/ligament/tendon injuries can feel healed until you exert yourself 100% (which can’t always be done away from a competitive environment) and be susceptible to further injury. Scar tissue around the injury site can prevent scans from confirming that is it healed and good to go. 

This isn’t a kick about on a Saturday/Sunday morning. The lad will have been frustrated at missing so much time already, played and felt a twinge and has a multimillion pound future to look ahead to. He’ll be alright. 

• Like 2

Really confused as to how we should go for this. Everton seem to have no full backs, and with Under and Barnes fresh a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 looks dangerous.

But then its the whole Evans conundrum, do we go Ndidi or Morgan at the back, and does that mean we play it safer with 3 at the back?

Hoping we go for it, Carlo has said he will set up similar to they did at Chelsea so I expect them to sit deep.

4-2-3-1, Maddison in the hole, Ndidi at CB with Mendy coming into midfield for him. Under and Barnes on the wings (Unfortunate for Perez)

Given the latest from Brendan, I think we should resign ourselves to the fact that we’ll be without Soyuncu and Ricardo until the FA Cup tie v Stoke at the earliest - so, out for the next five league games.

If they make it back sooner, then great, that will be a bonus.

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Given the latest from Brendan, I think we should resign ourselves to the fact that we’ll be without Soyuncu and Ricardo until the FA Cup tie v Stoke at the earliest - so, out for the next five league games.

If they make it back sooner, then great, that will be a bonus.

That’s fine by me. Those lads should be gunning for our Europa league knockouts imo.

Feeling more confident with James out. Going to be quite a tactical battle I think. Very few better then Ancelotti in European football. Brendan has done well against Pep and Biesla. He also managed to get one over the tactical genius that is Arteta. Let’s hope this one adds to that list. 

I don’t know who to play CB though. Ndidi could do the job with ease but he adds so much to the DM position. Don’t really trust Fuchs in a 4. Difficult one.

Kasper

Justin

Fofana

Morgan

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Under

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Fuchs, Ward, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Perez, Praet and Mendy