Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Our midfield - best in the league

Only the other week it was suggested that we had one of the most fragile and dominatable midfields in the league that too easily gets rolled over. To be fair, the return of Wilf to the fold completely transforms the side. This is getting Kante-esque. 

• Like 1

Our wide players need to chip in with more goals, Maddison needs to learn that sometimes he needs to up the tempo rather than try to pick a lock, Teilemans needs to find his shooting boots. 

Ndidi on the other hand is amongst the best in Europe. 

Not yet the best in the league, but one of the best and still relatively young. If we keep hold of them, improve them and add a bit of competition, of everything clicks, then we have the making of the best in the league

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Isn't it just, last week it was all about how Madison and Tielemans stifle each other like Gerrard and Lampard, this week they're one of the best duos in the worl

different posters, differing views. What a forum is meant to be

Edited by nnickn
  • Like 4

As others have said, I'd only say that N'didi would be the "best in the league" in his position. Tielemans and Maddison are good, but not that good.

(Dare I say, and I'm going to get shot for this, but even Villa's midfield of Barkley, Grealish and McGinn isn't far off ours :mellow:)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Ndidi is in the top 3 in this league for his position with Fabinho and Kante. No question.

Tielemans and Maddison are probably not in the top 5 in theirs, maybe not even top 10.

Agree on Ndidi, disagree on Youri and Maddison.

For me they are right up there with the best but the system doesn't always get the best from them.

We have all the pieces don't always put the puzzle together right

Also to put this in context a team that are generally considered to be our competitors for finishing 4th - 6th,

Southampton, their Midfield is Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Stuart Armstrong and Nathan Redmond.

Arsenal: a team that 'should' be competing with us: Ceballos, Saka, Xhaka, Elneny, Maitland-Niles

We blow those completely out the water.

No chance. I only mentioned after Everton that we haven't got midfielders that can win the game for us out of nothing. I still stand by that.

"World class" is massive. Its overused nowadays.

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Also to put this in context a team that are generally considered to be our competitors for finishing 4th - 6th,

Southampton, their Midfield is Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Stuart Armstrong and Nathan Redmond.

Arsenal: a team that 'should' be competing with us: Ceballos, Saka, Xhaka, Elneny, Maitland-Niles

We blow those completely out the water.

We might do... but that still puts is 4th or 5th best.

17 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Ndidi is in the top 3 in this league for his position with Fabinho and Kante. No question.

Tielemans and Maddison are probably not in the top 5 in theirs, maybe not even top 10.

Would love to know which 10 attacking midfield players you would swap for Maddison.

Edited by AKCJ

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No chance. I only mentioned after Everton that we haven't got midfielders that can win the game for us out of nothing. I still stand by that.

"World class" is massive. Its overused nowadays.

Yes, Lee Catermole will be very upset that this term is banded around willy nilly.