Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban fox

PL managerial merry go round

So Bilic is the first PL manager to get the spanish archer so far this season. Surprisingly late in the day compared to some seasons where we might have already seen several casualties.

It is this time of year however when things usually start to hot up in the next few weeks with clubs looking to give any new men in charge the chance to bring their own players in during the January window.

It seems that Fulham are sticking by Parker and likewise Sheff utd with Wilder so who will be next? For me the next to go is likely Arteta as Arsenal are seriously underperforming given their resources and expectations. I cannot see many more likely to get the chop as most seem to be either too well entrenched, like Dyche, or performing at or beyond their clubs expectations so far this season, although Potter may come under pressure at Brighton if they get dragged into the bottom three..

Edited by urban fox

I think if Potter was to go, the Seagulls would seriously look at NP.  He is available, is a good fit with their attitude to trying to play decent football but shore them up a bit, keep them up and turn them into a decent low-mid table outfit in the short to medium term.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I think if Potter was to go, the Seagulls would seriously look at NP.  He is available, is a good fit with their attitude to trying to play decent football but shore them up a bit, keep them up and turn them into a decent low-mid table outfit in the short to medium term.

I dont think Nige will get a job like that tbh,, id be surprised if he walked into a prem club that isn't like a Norwich who probably would appoint him with the idea of getting them back up 

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Hate to say it but I think NP’s chances of landing a  Prem league club job may be behind him . If he can get the band back together and given backing  he could probably get a lower championship club to the play offs or beyond but the way prem clubs are funded / owned these days I think the game has moved on 

• Like 1

I think Potter will get the season unless their situation gets desperate. 

I don't think they'll be too many to go this year. Arteta is obvious one if their form continues much longer. Hodgson will probably do enough to keep his job until he retires, and Bruce is never too far away. 

Although they've improved a bit, i still think Parker might not last the season if their form dips again. Even more so now they've shown they might have a chance. 

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Possibly hodgson. Not sure who they’d replace him with. If they continue on a bad run. 

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

Hodgson’s position at Palace under the present set up is amongst the most secure of any manager in the division . He will decide when he’s had enough , if the club were to be sold however things may change 

Hodgson is in the final year of his contract and expected to retire at the end of the season.  He’ll do enough to keep them up and he’s been asked to play more expansive football, which he is.  He can always go back to a more defensive set up if needed if push comes to shove on them grinding points out.  

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I dont think Nige will get a job like that tbh,, id be surprised if he walked into a prem club that isn't like a Norwich who probably would appoint him with the idea of getting them back up 

Maybe he could go to Watford 😉

10 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Talksh*te talking about Rodgers to Arsenal again. Yawn. 

Celtic fans said the same when he was mentioned coming here mid season in a treble treble season 

yet he did ! 

lucky for us Arsenal are a mess and not an attractive proposition to any aspirational manager, Allegri is nailed on to be their next manager 

united/Chelsea/Man City only 3 clubs I could see him leaving us for