Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace Away Pre-Match thread

2 minutes ago, smr said:

Vardy was rested this time last year in the same sort of fixture just after Christmas, I think he'll be rested again today. If he does come on it'll be last 20 minutes probably.

His wife gave birth a year ago, that's why he missed the West Ham match on this day.

• Like 1

While everyone's opinion is valid there is so much forum disagreement about selection . I'm sure Brendan Rodgers has enough experience and more information than anyone else to judge players tiredness , need to protect them during recovery and is well aware of the fixture list and matches coming up. He's paid a lot to carry the can for team and bench selection and so far he's got us into a pretty strong position.and I for one am inclined to trust him. He won't always get it right but to some extent he's got the bench available to use sensibly if he gets it a bit wrong initially.

I think we're getting a little paranoid about resting players and protecting players recovering. Plenty of players in the league have been ever present for their team throughout a season and it still happens despite the extra games these days. The physios give recovering players a fitness test before a match and hopefully are experts in judging when a player is ready. At least I hope all this is true.

I do agree we need to win the match against Palace but no one can guarantee that and as I say I'd be inclined to trust BR 's selections for team and bench. Not that there's any harm in a bit of fun trying to predict the team . Maybe we should give a prize for those getting the prediction for team and bench right to keep it at the fun level.

Maybe also Claudio is reading the forum and thinking of the luxury we now have in having a squad strong enough for team selection to be a variable. I know we were lucky with injuries in 2015/6 but as I remember we had a simple selection policy always go with the strongest team. As usual a 4-0 win 'll do me.

Edited by Alan Frost