Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace Away Pre-Match thread

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Not exactly. A draw ensures we can fall no lower than 6th.

And in the unlikely event we lose while teams below us win, no lower than 8th since Villa and Chelsea play each other.

Of course, what we hope for is to win while all others lose! lol

Of course your'e right - apologies - I didnt check that a few teams just below us are playing each other 😃 

• Like 1

I think the following will start: Amartey, Thomas, Mendy, Praet, Perez, Nacho. Soyuncu and Under if they're fit enough.

A lot of people seem to want an unchanged side, but the team played only yesterday. They're not going to be anywhere near their best.

I don't think there ever should be a game scheduled so soon after another, but when it happens, I think you have to use the squad. Of course you want your best players on the pitch, but you also want energy. You also want to minimise the risk of losing an important player for weeks or months.

• Like 2

Rest a few, let some players recover and go again away at Newcastle. I think we can still put out a strong enough team to win the game, but we have got to think about the bigger picture. We did this perfectly at West Ham last season, and I think this will be similar.

Kasper

JJ

Soyuncu

Fofana

Thomas

Mendy

Tielemans
Preat

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho 

Against Newcastle Tielemans, Barnes, Fofana and JJ can all take a break.

Under has a hamstring, so won’t be risked

based on youth and number of games played

Kasper

JJ  Cags Evans Castagne

Hamza, N’Didi/ Mendy

Praet, Maddison Barnes

Nacho/ Perez

Subs N’didi Vardy, Tielemans, Fofana,Morgan,Albrighton Nacho, Ward

Best squad for many years, Decent team, fantastic bench

With four clubs in the mix playing each other...3 points would be fantastic, keep coming back to the Everton result, had we won, instead of them being one point above us, we would be five  ahead.....

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

No unnecessary changes. Don't see how this game is any less important than the next one

It's nothing to do with the importance of the game, its about freshness and avoiding injuries seeing as it's a 48 hour turnaround. 

Luckily due to europa league and injuries we have a squad full of match fit, quality players who are raring to go. Players like Praet, Mendy, Perez, Thomas, Ineacho, Under, Soyuncu are all more than capable of getting a win at selhurst Park. 

We have the best squad in the clubs history currently tommorow is the perfect time to utilise it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's nothing to do with the importance of the game, its about freshness and avoiding injuries seeing as it's a 48 hour turnaround. 

Luckily due to europa league and injuries we have a squad full of match fit, quality players who are raring to go. Players like Praet, Mendy, Perez, Thomas, Ineacho, Under, Soyuncu are all more than capable of getting a win at selhurst Park. 

We have the best squad in the clubs history currently tommorow is the perfect time to utilise it. 

I get your point but Iheanacho isn't even close to being a Vardy replacement. No problems with the others you've mentioned 

19 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's madness making teams play games 2 days apart. Should be a minimum of 3 days between games. Why couldn't games have been scheduled on 26/27 and then 29/30? I realise 28th is a bank holiday but with no fans able to attend, does that matter?

It’s because the broadcasters  want on as many games possible ... do as they say 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I get your point but Iheanacho isn't even close to being a Vardy replacement. No problems with the others you've mentioned 

Agreed, but vardy is 34 in a couple of weeks. Absolute madness to play him twice in 48 hours. Imagine the uproar on hear if his hammy went and he's out for 2 months... 

Rightly or wrongly (conversation for a different thread) Kelichi is our second choice striker and he has to play tommorow. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Agreed, but vardy is 34 in a couple of weeks. Absolute madness to play him twice in 48 hours. Imagine the uproar on hear if his hammy went and he's out for 2 months... 

Rightly or wrongly (conversation for a different thread) Kelichi is our second choice striker and he has to play tommorow. 

Yeah it's just disappointing. Almost feels like we're forfeiting points. Hope this comes back to bite me and somebody quotes this telling me how much of a better fan they are than me

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it's just disappointing. Almost feels like we're forfeiting points. Hope this comes back to bite me 

It's not forfeiting points it's common sense we need to maximise vardys last couple of years here. He did his bit by quitting international football. The club needs to do it by not running him into the ground. 

Palace will have similar issues and need to rest players etc. 

It's clearly not ideal, we should have 3 or 4 days minimum between games but it is what it is. 

• Like 2

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

It's not forfeiting points it's common sense we need to maximise vardys last couple of years here. He did his bit by quitting international football. The club needs to do it by not running him into the ground. 

Palace will have similar issues and need to rest players etc. 

It's clearly not ideal, we should have 3 or 4 days minimum between games but it is what it is. 

It really shows how imperative it is to get a decent striker in then. Hopefully in January but more likely this summer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

That team has 'loss' written all over it!..,Under is injured for a start.. Mendy and Praet together in midfield 😂😂😂😂..

Play this team and all benefits of winning at Spurs and drawing with Manure are wasted!

Play the strongest team we have and go to win the bloody game!!

Its better for player welfare we don't 2 games in 48 hours will tire them out. You do you either way.

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it's just disappointing. Almost feels like we're forfeiting points. Hope this comes back to bite me and somebody quotes this telling me how much of a better fan they are than me

You may as well say Liverpool forfeited two points  today My worry is it is very rare that a side gets 3 hammerings in a row

4 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah if we want top 4 vs the likes of Everton , Villa etc then Palace and Newcastle are the games we need to be winning.

Whats the point of winning 4 points from those 2 to then give away 3 points vs a Palace team who are currently shocking and just got hammered vs a 10 man Villa team.

Our best 11 will win 9/10 times but if we rotate too much we will not win.

I don’t get the ‘seeing as I think mine is superior’ .. what’s that even mean? I say what I think is right.

Do you not say things you really mean then?

Happy to be proven wrong because all I care about is us winning but rotating in football is in the past. Most teams now are competitive and any team that’s slightly below strength is a huge disadvantage.

If Utd played a bottom half team without rashford martial and Fernandes they would struggle. Liverpool without Mane Firminho and Salah, they struggle.

What makes most fans think we can just drop Tielemens Vardy and Ndidi and think we will still beat Palace?

We need to play close to our best 11, most of our squad are young and it’s no excuse to not be able to at least start and play 55-65 mins and get rotated if we’re in a strong position.

Vardy and Evans need help and rotation but Wilf and Tielemens at 23 years old?

Just going to all be moaning Monday evening wondering why we turn up against Spurs and Utd but don’t vs Palace when the reality will be we turn up all the time but don’t lack the quality of squad to treat palace like a joke.

We are a level above Palace because we have a mix of players with a few more quality pieces Take that away and we’re the same level. It’s not brain surgery.

Either we have a good squad or not   but we  seem to get far more injuries than past Leicester teams

1 minute ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Either we have a good squad or not   but we  seem to get far more injuries than past Leicester teams

They didn't have to contend with a condensed season due to a pandemic and a Europa League campaign though. We do seem to have suffered a significant amount though. 

Vardy has 5 goals from open play this year from 14 appearances, if we're going to get top 4/6 this year we need our main man at his best but he needs to find that form from somewhere. This match is potentially a much needed confidence booster for vardy and that's why he needs to start as it's as good an opportunity as any to bag one or two goals and rekindle that early form that we saw under rodgers as he's been struggling since the start of 2020 and despite being a key player he's still struggling to get goals from open play.

26 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Vardy has 5 goals from open play this year from 14 appearances, if we're going to get top 4/6 this year we need our main man at his best but he needs to find that form from somewhere. This match is potentially a much needed confidence booster for vardy and that's why he needs to start as it's as good an opportunity as any to bag one or two goals and rekindle that early form that we saw under rodgers as he's been struggling since the start of 2020 and despite being a key player he's still struggling to get goals from open play.

Only Vardy & I assume Rodgers know if he if he is capable of playing back to back games two days apart. If he plays and we loose him for ten games we are right fuched !

Brendan has to treat him like a delicate flower & protect him and if that means missing the Palace game then so be it. If his stand in ( Iheanacho) is not capable then January is the perfect time  to find a player who is. We will need to have two capable players for each position if we are going compete in the League, Cups & Europe & centre forward appears to be our weak link.  Injuring Vardy for three points is very short term thinking.

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Only Vardy & I assume Rodgers know if he if he is capable of playing back to back games two days apart. If he plays and we loose him for ten games we are right fuched !

Brendan has to treat him like a delicate flower & protect him and if that means missing the Palace game then so be it. If his stand in ( Iheanacho) is not capable then January is the perfect time  to find a player who is. We will need to have two capable players for each position if we are going compete in the League, Cups & Europe & centre forward appears to be our weak link.  Injuring Vardy for three points is very short term thinking.

Unless the problem with his groin has flared up again i cant see why he wouldnt start, 2 days is a perfectly normal resting period for a footballer, they normally do fitness training during midweek if a game isnt on anyway which is at a similar intensity to a match. He needs a game against weaker opposition to play himself into form imo, 34 or not you would expect him to be fit enough to play.

Edited by honeybradger

5 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Under has a hamstring, so won’t be risked

based on youth and number of games played

Kasper

JJ  Cags Evans Castagne

Hamza, N’Didi/ Mendy

Praet, Maddison Barnes

Nacho/ Perez

Subs N’didi Vardy, Tielemans, Fofana,Morgan,Albrighton Nacho, Ward

Best squad for many years, Decent team, fantastic bench

With four clubs in the mix playing each other...3 points would be fantastic, keep coming back to the Everton result, had we won, instead of them being one point above us, we would be five  ahead.....

Is a shame, these type of games is which would be suited to him.

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Rest a few, let some players recover and go again away at Newcastle. I think we can still put out a strong enough team to win the game, but we have got to think about the bigger picture. We did this perfectly at West Ham last season, and I think this will be similar.

Kasper

JJ

Soyuncu

Fofana

Thomas

Mendy

Tielemans
Preat

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho 

Against Newcastle Tielemans, Barnes, Fofana and JJ can all take a break.

This lineup I like, except the forward. (Nacho is a deep lying forward or a 10) and anyone who cannot see why we need another striker to compete with Vardy is being far too partisan/sentimental. It just feels we would need to play both Perez and Nacho to replace Vardy :(

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Well they certainly aren't a confident bunch on their forum. From the outside looking in I though Hodgson was doing a decent job there but they don't seem to share that view

Maybe losing 7 nil to Liverpool and 3 nil to ten man Villa does that to you, especially given our away record too. They need to tighten up that is for sure. Think we will win 2-1