Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace Away Pre-Match thread

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Slightly worried about this “rotated” side.... sounds a bit like a lifeline for Roy.....

Has been ok for us in the EL bar that shit show away at Zoryha. 

The key is still having a spine of a our preferred XI, Evans, Tielemans and Vardy please. 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has been ok for us in the EL bar that shit show away at Zoryha. 

The key is still having a spine of a our preferred XI, Evans, Tielemans and Vardy please. 

I agree, the spine has to be in place, otherwise we will fold like an accordion. These are the types of game we have to be careful in, we can’t play Kalechi up front and like you say take away the spine, it could quite easily end 3-0 to palace, and we barely have a sniff. We need to avoid a Fulham. 

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Agreed, but vardy is 34 in a couple of weeks. Absolute madness to play him twice in 48 hours. Imagine the uproar on hear if his hammy went and he's out for 2 months... 

Rightly or wrongly (conversation for a different thread) Kelichi is our second choice striker and he has to play tommorow. 

Bang on mate

Not to dismiss Palace too lightly but if we can't rest Vardy for this (hip /groin considered) when can we rest   / rotatate him? 

This fixture has come at the right time , we certainly wouldn't want to be playing a Chelsea, man City, Liverpool etc 2 days after united. 

Rodgers would've had a dilemma then. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bert said:

This game is making me nervous. They’re playing terrible. Dressing room unrest rumours. We are going to make changes. 🥺🥺🥺

Yeah it's got a Palace win written all over it. Apart from last season they've given us some drubbings recently too 

Just now, Bert said:

This game is making me nervous. They’re playing terrible. Dressing room unrest rumours. We are going to make changes. 🥺🥺🥺

Yeah, easy to see us gifting them something but I think we'll turn the screw. Law of averages suggests another PL manager ought to be close to getting the sack and I think it's Hodgson.

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it's got a Palace win written all over it. Apart from last season they've given us some drubbings recently too 

Since Rodgers came in our previous bogey sides (Bournemouth at home, Palace home and away, Arsenal away) have all been overcome and I hope to see it continue today. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

The most lcfc scenario ever. The vast majority of games lost in 2020 have come against sides who couldn't buy a win! This feels all too familiar.

• Like 2

Like @Ric Flairit is important we keep the spine intact for this one. And I think he is right in Hodgesons a dead man walking regardless of the result. But we really shouldn’t be losing to a side that has shipped 10 goals in two games. I think palace have all but given up now on Roy, so as long as we turn up, and don’t make too many stupid changes we will win. 

Kasper

JJ

Cags (if fit)

Evans 

Timmy

Youri 

Ndidi

Barnes 

Madders

Under (if fit)

Vardy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Dropping points today will be very disappointing and undo the Spuds result.  A few changes fine, but not wholesale -no way.  A good test for BR here.

More  a Test for the selected players....!!!!

our squad has reached that level,where no matter what/who Rodgers selects, I expect a performance, (result is Another thing)  & no excuses in that selection or tactics,by them the players & fans   crying or bemoaning it was Rodgers fault..  Or we really arent worthy of Top 6-4th...!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, easy to see us gifting them something but I think we'll turn the screw. Law of averages suggests another PL manager ought to be close to getting the sack and I think it's Hodgson.

CP..also have suffered heavily from Major injuries in the last month+, so I disagree with Any CP Management thoughts towards sending Roy on his way..!!

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/rodgers-im-not-prepared-to-risk-vardy-injury-39905368.html

James Ducker

December 28 2020 02:30 AM

Brendan Rodgers says he could rest Jamie Vardy for Leicester's clash against Crystal Palace today - amid fears he may lose his star striker for two months if he plays.

Vardy overcame a minor groin problem to face Manchester United in Saturday's 2-2 draw, when he forced Leicester's late equaliser with a shot that deflected in off Axel Tuanzebe. But Rodgers is worried he could risk putting Vardy out of action for a lengthy period if he starts him at Palace just 48 hours after a taxing game.

Asked if he could afford to rest Vardy and key midfielder Youri Tielemans against Palace, the Leicester manager said: "Yes. We'll look at it closer. I don't want to risk injury, 48 hours between the games, especially with the season we've had and everything else.

"I'm not prepared to take a level of risk that means they're going to miss six weeks to two months out with an injury, so we'll look at it and we'll make changes - the numbers we'll have to wait and see. We'll assess the players and see where they're at.

"The players' health is always the most important. I'll always pick a team that I think can get a result and if that means changing players then we will do that."

Rodgers named an unchanged side against United from the team that beat Tottenham 2-0, but there are likely to be a raft of changes for the trip to Selhurst Park.

Centre-half Caglar Soyuncu has recovered from a groin injury but winger Cengiz Under is a doubt with a hamstring problem. The game will also come too soon for right-back Ricardo Pereira, who is out with a groin injury. (© Daily Telegraph, London)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1