Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

This.

If Rodgers deserves any criticism, it's for the Tielemans/Choudhury sub that contributed to the goal we conceded.

The team he started with should have won the game in the 1st half, they had enough chances. 

We've played more games than any other side including Europa League, while having to deal with more injuries than any other side except Liverpool. Rodgers is doing a very good job. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

WHAT THE FOOK DONT SOME OF YOU UNDERSTAND

SOME PLAYERS ARE EITHER INJURED OR CARRYING KNOCKS OR JUST BACK FROM LONG TERM INJURIES

THEREFORE THEY CANNOT PLAY TWICE IN 48 HOURS 

This.

If Rodgers deserves any criticism, it's for the Tielemans/Choudhury sub that contributed to the goal we conceded.

The team he started with should have won the game in the 1st half, they had enough chances. 

We've played more games than any other side including Europa League, while having to deal with more injuries than any other side except Liverpool. Rodgers is doing a very good job. 

• Like 2

Start Vardy, get in front and make the changes at 65 mins. As opposed to giving him 35 minutes today. To all those saying he needs it. HIS LEGS RECEIVED 35 MINS RUNNING AS OPPOSED TO STARTING HIM FOR SAY 65 MINS. So weve saved Vardys legs a grand total of 30 mins had we started him. Still trained as usual.... and would almost certainly have won the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We've played 2 games in 48 hours. He was gonna rest players.

Where the problem is, is players like Hamza, Iheanacho, Perez and Praet (the latter 2 less so) get their chance to come in and blow it.

Hamza can only play 60 minutes because he's a walking red card. His passing is so irratic, passing to people marked by 2 players, playing ball waist high, passing behind a players stride.

Iheanacho as soon as he missed that pen, his head went and he may aswell have subbed him off then. He holds the ball well but we don't play that kind of game.

Its the type of performance and disappointment you see coming a mile off and its so Leicester. 6 days now to make amends against Newcastle. 

The way Nacho stepped up to the penalty you knew he’d not score he looked terrified the lad needs a loan spell away to grab a bit of confidence in scoring and learning how to get back to his earlier displays with Man City, whenever he plays you can tell what sort of performance it will be by his posture and the way at times he looks like a rabbit in the headlights a bit of time away may do him good?

3 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What will you say if we lose Ndidi and Castagne to injury in the next game?

What will you say if your lottery numbers come up next week?

We play in 6 days not 6 weeks!

So when we are 2 points off the top 3 or top 5 at the end of the season and not in European Football you won’t look back at this and other games where Rodgers has had a brain fart over his team selections.!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Not since 1994…. unless you count other further eduction studies post University…

Bore off…. You’re embarrassing yourself 

Then learn to use words properly

Epic does not equate to having a good game

If you’re an academic then please act as such

👌

I'm disappointed some didnt take their chance. Perez I thought did well but he had no-one to link up with really. Praet was ok but I wanted more from him. He works better alongside Youri not instead of him. Mendy stepped up as did Dan. Evans tried to push on forward too. JJ, Thomas and Barnes did great. I like Thomas and Barnes together. A few let themselves down today and didnt take the chance to push back into the first team. Hamza and Kel were the weak links sadly and for me are well down the pecking order now. 

I didnt understand the mentality of resting all of them either. Kill the game off quickly and sub them then. They have a week until the next game now. They can put their feet up, swim in the pool, sit in the sauna etc! Instead they have lost momentum and have a week of thinking about that game and what should have been!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I would be interested to see if anyone else makes as many changes as that, especially the teams playing in Europe. It does feel like we make an awful lot of fuss over resting and fatigue.

Should have just claimed a load of positive Covid cases.

In all honestly I admire management and players haven't complained about fixture congestion like the 'top' managers, squads and clubs have, but you have a point, it seems we've not moaned but we have made a point by resting so many.

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Not looking to scapegoat, this is a genuine question: what is Choudhury good at?

I guess he's good at being 5th/6th choice and needed in an emergency. But he simply shouldn't be starting PL games unless we're missing Wilf, Mendy and Youri.

2 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

So when we are 2 points off the top 3 or top 5 at the end of the season and not in European Football you won’t look back at this and other games where Rodgers has had a brain fart over his team selections.!!!!!!!!!!!

He didnt need to chop all the creativity and threat out the side.  Underestimated them and cost us

Everyone bar Iheanacho did Brendan proud today, but they essentially had to play the majority of the game with 10 men and no striker and Rodgers for some reason unbeknownst to me didn't see fit to change that until we were already losing. Other than that it was a spiffy performance all round.

Just now, BigGibbo said:

Everyone bar Iheanacho did Brendan proud today, but they essentially had to play the majority of the game with 10 men and no striker and Rodgers for some reason unbeknownst to me didn't see fit to change that until we were already losing. Other than that it was a spiffy performance all round.

Choudhury was pretty poor. 

36 minutes ago, sdb said:

Some of our fringe players really don't do much to make the manager rethink  his preferred 11 do they? 

...you have got to say that Praet was out of position, perhaps best to have been played in the Tielemans position!!!

Perez out wide again, and we have seen how he struggles to affect the game in that position. He needs to be played as part of a two upfront as he is more prolific up there.

Demarai Gray is off and we know what we are going to get from him. Nacho, out of position and only good with back to goal and link up play but not someone to be relied on to get goals.