Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

20 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

He played a good game?

Who Iheanacho? Despite him missing 2 very good chances, he had other shots and misplaced numerous passes. I try not to be too harsh on players, but he was palaces best player today, if it was vardy with those chances we win those games. Hence why we need another striker in asap.

28 minutes ago, bovril said:

Mendy was superb. 

Surprised to see such a low score for him in the ratings. He was pretty flawless in my opinion. All our central midfielders seem a little underrated. 

Back 4 also played well I thought. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

This is the type of post that really pisses me off. It’s the polar opposite of the doom merchants

Mendy and Amartey were not ‘epic’. Epic refers to a defence that doesn’t concede and a midfield that bosses the game

Christ, this forum is so full of hyperbole

So you would rather clear the floor for the doom merchants? Are they allowed? Of course it’s full of hyperbole, it’s a forum not a think tank. lol

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It was going to come. I’m sure I mentioned our positioning (and certainly Amartey’s) after the missed Zaha chance 

If you want to continue with that defence be my guest

But we’ll lose more than we win 

We’ve just thrown away a game we should have bossed

So what did he actually do wrong because you cant seem to pinpoint it? 

Nacho just not good enough to be a back up strker, Perez poor, although he was out wide much of the time where he never does anything, Praet disappointing today, but for me, the strangest thing of all was Gray. It is plain as day he has no future at the club, so was surprised to see him on the bench at all, but to then bring him on, i just didn`t get at all.

Where is his motivation to perform for us, he knows he has no future here, and knows he will get a move somewhere regardless of how he performed today.

That was exactly how he played when he came on, unmotivated and completely uninterested.  We might as well have put one of the kids on the bench. 

Oh and by the way, How shockingly poor were Palace, that was such a missed opportunity, and 2 points chucked away.

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I saw the need, nacho can’t finish 

Anyone can be clever with hindsight. If Brendan had fetched Ihenacho off at half time and we lost it would have been Brendans fault for subbing him.

We were resting players, it had to be done.

15 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Absolutely fuming. Brendan dropped a bollock AGAIN just when things are looking good. Needless changes, poor team selection. Why Gray even getting on the pitch, let alone stealing free kicks from players with actual talent?!. 

If we can upgrade the likes of Ayoze and Nacho then maybe we could start showing the likes of Palace the contempt that Brendan showed them today. Whilst we have to fall back on Sunday League players like Nacho and Gray the moment games get a little bit close together then we will never be a convincing top 4 side. Those dropped points today will have a massive impact on where we finish this season. Its not good enough, especially from Brendan. Creating out own problems. These are professional athletes, I couldn't give a shit if its 2 games in 3 days, I really couldn't, especially when there is a weeks rest until the next one. Poor, poor, poor. 

We've been without a fairly large number of first team players through a lot of this season so far due to injuries and you really think we should be risking players like Madison, Fofana or Under  (and even Vardy), who all have knocks, or Ndidi or Soyuncu or Castagne who've only just come back from injury, or Tielemans who's not had much rest all season?

Yes they're professional athletes but the game is played at such a high pace and with such intensity that there's a risk of injury if you ask too much of them.

We'd be even unhappier if any of those were out for a period of time due to their inclusion and asking why Rodgers hadn't tested them.

(And what is your issue with Perez?)

Just now, Col city fan said:

This is the type of post that really pisses me off. It’s the polar opposite of the doom merchants

Mendy and Amartey were not ‘epic’. Epic refers to a defence that doesn’t concede and a midfield that bosses the game

Christ, this forum is so full of hyperbole

Whatever…. I’m pretty happy with my view of the game…. You’re welcome to wallow in self pity if it suits you…. I’m trying to work out where I was guilty of hyperbole by suggesting that two players who had very good games had very good games  :whistle:

Sorry if I ruined your night….

No glossing over this disaster. Barnes' brilliance saved a few blushes but Rodgers has failed again. Playing a second string against a Palace team completely devoid of confidence gave them the opportunity to grow into a game they would have been totally out of after 30 minutes had we begun with a stronger starting 11. With quality players like Zaha there's always a chance they'll get a goal on the break and then the confidence surges back. We all sensed what was going to happen and sure enough it did. What is most worrying is that a pattern is beginning to emerge. Below par performances against weaker opposition, most notably Norwich and Bournemouth last season, cost us CL football. This season it's Fulham and now Palace. While you could argue that Rodgers could not legislate for Nacho not scoring from the spot and missing another golden opportunity, had Vardy been on at the start we'd have been out of sight and he could have then rested him at halftime. Some rotation is required during a congested fixture schedule, but not wholesale changes. This is not the Carabao Cup. He got away with it last season against an absolutely dreadful West Ham but not this time against an equally dreadful Place. As a result the win against Spurs and the point against United have been undermined and we're now looking at top 6 after the current round of fixtures rather than sitting in second breathing down Liverpool's neck. Given our renaissance under Rodger's since his arrival we should be eulogizing about our current lofty situation but somehow we are all too often let down. Without doubt Rodgers is a great coach but somehow I fear that his arrogance will always get in the way when it matters most.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So what would you have said if we had gone full strength and lost Ndidi and Castange to injury again. 

It not about being tired, it about avoiding picking up injuries due to muscle fatigue. 

What will you say if we lose Ndidi and Castagne to injury in the next game?

What will you say if your lottery numbers come up next week?

We play in 6 days not 6 weeks!

3 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

Should it have been a penalty to Crystal Palace? Should it f**k

Why not ?

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Anyone know what NDiddi didn't today. It can't sure he needed a rest, he's only played 3 games since coming back.

Cos he’s only recently come back from injury and screening our back four wasn’t an issue today ....

• Like 1

Frustration and relief combined.

Will definitely look back on this one as two points dropped given the dominance of the first half, but one point is of course better than none.

Until Harvey’s superb equaliser we were woeful in the second half, with Nacho offering no threat at all and Perez a complete passenger. And I still don’t know what Praet adds to this side. I really don’t.

As for Gray, that “leave it to me, lads” free kick sums up his Leicester career. Thinks he’s better than he is and can’t deliver on the promise.

Well done, Amartey and Mendy, though. Decent stand-in displays from them.

• Like 1