Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Hoopla10 said:

The better players who played two days ago? Like I asked in the match thread, what if they don't "get the job done"?  0-0 at 65 minutes would you be fine BR taking off vardy etc? 

Well if our good players couldn't beat that Palace side we saw in the first half they'd quite rightly get dragged off. They were terrible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Still, great news now that all those dropped get 6 days to save their legs from falling off? Do we honestly think the United line up would have fallen to their knees after 20 mins in tiredness?

So what would you have said if we had gone full strength and lost Ndidi and Castange to injury again. 

It not about being tired, it about avoiding picking up injuries due to muscle fatigue. 

• Like 2

Fair result apparently 🤣🤣 should have been over first half if we had our shooting boots on, definitely missed out on 3 points there! Ihneacho,perez, not up to it, gray... no words needed... vardy didn't have alot of service when he came on, barnes was deffo our best player! 👏👏 very disappointed not to win but better not to lose the game! Its an up and down season for everyone, On to the next!! Come on you foxes!! 🦊🦊🦊

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

But he wasn't.

Started off well and then went AWOL, but all would've been forgiven if he'd buried that last-gasp chance. 

Yeah, I just edited. He was good first half. Second half most of them were poor but I think Perez/Barnes were our best attackers. Perez holds the ball well.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Amartey and the whole defence went completely missing for their goal

Why couldn't you just have said "the whole defence"? lol. It really is no surprise that you and your continual insufferable illusory superiority is the source of so much amusement on this forum. To your credit you do at least take it well. 

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Continue to play this defence at your peril 

Fofana and Castagne were being rested, Söyüncü was on the bench and Ricardo is still not ready. What on earth are you talking about?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It was going to come. I’m sure I mentioned our positioning (and certainly Amartey’s) after the missed Zaha chance 

If you want to continue with that defence be my guest

But we’ll lose more than we win 

We’ve just thrown away a game we should have bossed

He produced more good defending than bad.

But if you want to continue weirdly hating on him and blaming everything on him, be my guest.

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The only tinker that let us down was Kelechi in for Vardy. We've known for a while that we struggle without Jamie.

You simply have to rotate in circumstances like these.

If Kelechi so much as turned up it would have been 2-0 at half time and we'd have been home and dry.

That first half performance was very, very good. Don't let emotion get in the way of recognising that.

In other news that was an awful cameo from Tielemans. Came on, just about misplaced every pass and left his man for their goal.

Why not just put Perez upfront on his own and use someone else on the right? 

3 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Villa make no changes to their side. Keep the momentum....  Rodgers fully upstaged today.

I think Brendan would have kept the same side against a bigger team such as Chelsea, some really stepped up to the plate Big Dan was excellent as was Mendy & Thomas.

Although it is disappointing we will see the benefit in a couple of weeks time when we have Southampton, Chelsea and Everton.

Cannot believe some on here an excellent first half and but for an out of form striker would be a couple in front, it happens to the best even Liverpool yesterday so a bit of perspective is needed.

We will have the big guns back for Newcastle so onwards and upwards, not sure why Gray got a run out perhaps shop window.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Palace managed it and they played after we did. Didn't need to make a sub until around 75 minutes either 

Managed it but they were shocking. They only won because they park the bus and hoof it up to Zaha which is a very energy efficient way of playing. Iheanacho finishes that penalty and everyone would start talking about how great Brendan is. Sick of the critisim BR gets on here. If it was Pearson who was the manager today with the same result half of the site would have creamed themselves.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 3