Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

A poor result but finding consistency is never easy with a young squad, especially considering the injuries of late. Easy to forget this is still a long term project than a this season project. This squad isnt fully matured and the players have a lot to learn but if we keep the core of the squad then when they have matured fully the consistency will come and hopefully so will the silverware and a "big club" status.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Then learn to use words properly

Epic does not equate to having a good game

If you’re an academic then please act as such

👌

Says the man who used the term ‘full of hyperbole’ to describe a post that also pointed out that Nacho was guilty of a horror show….

Witless and clueless added to borish and aggressive…. Must try harder

• Haha 1

Big mentions to some of our senior stand in players.

Thought Mendy was pleasingly  aggressive today and not quite so 'correct', if that makes sense. Choudhury was busy and continually picking up.loose/second ball - always a good sign. 

Praet is much much better in an advanced role, making late runs in that inside channel. Went AWOL.second half tho. 

Lovely Dan was excellent. Tho, they were shite upfront so as good as a reintroduction  as was.possible to have. 

Luke Thomas.Not been sold.on him until.now, if I'm honest. But I'm  going to be wrong, I'm pleased to say. He's  gonna be a very very tidy PL.full.back. A future Andrew Robertson?!

11 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Mendy didn't do anything wrong, but unfortunately when you have Ndidi waiting in the wings unless you are sensational,you are just going to look ordinary and for me that is how Mendy was, did a job but not someone I want to see there while we have Ndidi waiting. 

Starting 2 defensive midfielders was a step in the wrong direction, it was Palace away not Liverpool. 

Mendy was very good today, did not mis place a pass, kept the ball moving, those around him were not so hot today!

Just now, Wolfox said:

Says the man who used the term ‘full of hyperbole’ to describe a post that also pointed out that Nacho was guilty of a horror show….

Witless and clueless added to borish and aggressive…. Must try harder

Yes you absolutely must 

Epic is ridiculous hyperbole given what we’ve just watched

A shame we couldn't get the win today. We played very well in the first half and I thought we were a safe bet to go on and win it. We could so much joy with neat interplay out wide and runners into the box but were victims to a poor delivery or an Iheanacho miss. Praet, Perez, Justin, Barnes and Thomas all did this well in the first half and we earned out spot kick doing so.

Defensively solid throughout, which was encouraging with the amount of changes made; Amartey, Mendy, and Thomas all came in and had great games. It was at the other end where the win got away from us, and we couldn't quite get ourselves ahead when we were dominating. Thankfully Barnes salvaged a point, but you can't help but feel we should have had 3 today. Alas a chance to recharge and go again at Newcastle. 

Thought we actually played well and any sort of competent striker and we would have won that 3 or 4-1.

Totally let down by the shambles we had up front. Utterly desperate for a half decent back up striker and have been for 5 years now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Start Vardy, get in front and make the changes at 65 mins. As opposed to giving him 35 minutes today. To all those saying he needs it. HIS LEGS RECEIVED 35 MINS RUNNING AS OPPOSED TO STARTING HIM FOR SAY 65 MINS. So weve saved Vardys legs a grand total of 30 mins had we started him. Still trained as usual.... and would almost certainly have won the game.

Yeh because we haven't lost to any poor sides this season when Vardy has started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

He was alright in the first half, I’ll give him that. 

He does a good job tracking back and retaking the ball. Plus he gets in good positions with JJ on the overlap to get balls in. I'd like to see him coming in and going direct more. When he did that at NUFC I was always impressed and he felt like a proper threat. Though against CP it probably wouldn't have worked given how narrow and compact they set up.  

12 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Start Vardy, get in front and make the changes at 65 mins. As opposed to giving him 35 minutes today. To all those saying he needs it. HIS LEGS RECEIVED 35 MINS RUNNING AS OPPOSED TO STARTING HIM FOR SAY 65 MINS. So weve saved Vardys legs a grand total of 30 mins had we started him. Still trained as usual.... and would almost certainly have won the game.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

So we're OK to risk Vardy and Youri for the last 30 minutes of the game but not the first 30? Does that extra hour rest make all the difference 

the idea is that neither of them are needed to play. If you start the game with them and fall behind then what ? If someone gets injured and you’ve used up one sub then you can’t necessarily take one or both of them off ?  

brendan didn’t want to bring youri on and he defo didn’t want to bring vards on .....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes you absolutely must 

Epic is ridiculous hyperbole given what we’ve just watched

In the context of two very strong performances…. 

Anyway…. I think I’ll get further by trying to argue with the cat

Have a good rest of your evening Col…. If it helps any, I’m also p*ssed off that we didn’t win!

Perspective again, look at Chelsea's bench today after they change almost the whole team. We are performing way beyond what we would be expected to on our budget. Hopefully we can make CL again next season as this will encourage better players to come (more quality game time available) and improve the squad.

• Like 1

Two points dropped in my opinion. Palace were terrible in that first 45.

I understand that players need to be rotated but playing Mendy and Hamza in CM is criminal! Neither player looks to play creative passes. 

Never ever should two defensive minded midfielders play together in a two from the start of a match. 

Brendan tinkered with the team and has paid the price. Vardy didn't get enough time to make an impact. I would have liked to see Tielemans and Vardy come on at half time. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TWUKO said:

Stupid team selection, starting with our 2 second choice defensive midfielders, no creativity and a donkey up front!

You get what you deserve!

No game is an easy game and you should pick the strongest team available. I can understand 1 or 2 but to change half of it, also I think we know by now that never works for us.

Obviously glad we didn't lose, but we could of easily done so, wasted opportunity yet again!

People talk about us becoming a big club or a top 6 regular, but while this is still in our locker we never will be.

It's not like palace played well either, they didn't, they were bloody garbage!!! Same old, created one chance and scored it!

I thought we created quite a lot in the first half and should have been a couple up if the striker is on form, that is the trouble when replacing Vardy the guy has hardly played in the last month or so his touch wasn't really off.

That team had enough to win the game just wasn't clinical enough when we were on top which is an ongoing issue.

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

A draw was the least we deserved from the game, and credit to Barnes for bailing us out, 2 decent goals for from him in the last two, really impressed that he's taking chances and improving this part of his game. Poor second half showing from us prior to the goal though.

Hugely disappointed with Iheanacho, that was a huge opportunity for him today and he has not taken it, such a poor penalty he scores that and we win the game easily.

5 points from Spurs, United and Palace is still a very decent haul, I have to question why we have this extra game though between the Christmas and New Years fixtures as our full strength team would have beaten Palace with ease.

Would they though?

On the whole in the last 12 months Rogers has proven cannot get results he should against relegation fodder - it started against Norwich at home last season. 

• Like 1