Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, st albans fox said:

the idea is that neither of them are needed to play. If you start the game with them and fall behind then what ? If someone gets injured and you’ve used up one sub then you can’t necessarily take one or both of them off ?  

brendan didn’t want to bring youri on and he defo didn’t want to bring vards on .....

So don't bring them on then. I do get what you're saying but I'm of the opinion you make 3 or 4 changes, get a goal or two (which is no guarantee but looking at them in that first half I'd be very confident we would have) and then bring them off as soon as. 

A good performance, but two points dropped for me. Kel fluffed his lines and it isn’t working for him. He was great for a spell last season, but he’s never performed consistently for us. Perez ok 1st half but anonymous 2nd half. Great to see Big Dan play like they and Harvey gave Clyne a real chasing. 

2nd I’m the league and I feel disappointed - being a City fan has changed!!!

• Like 1

Overall, i'm actually OK with the draw. We made a lot of changes. First half we were all over them. Second half they came back into it.

But Tielemans needs to track Zaha's run for their goal. He lets him go completely.

Unfortunately for gray and Nacho, they haven't got a future here. Crap.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So don't bring them on then. I do get what you're saying but I'm of the opinion you make 3 or 4 changes, get a goal or two (which is no guarantee but looking at them in that first half I'd be very confident we would have) and then bring them off as soon as. 

If he doesn't bring them on he's moaned at and slaughtered for not doing so when we need to change the game. 

So he can't win.

I think the frustration with the team now lies in the fact that the bang average players now stand out even more.  For every one player we have who is massively talented, hes more often than not passing the ball to someone whose not.  This was never more evident than today.  We have, genuinely, 6 or 7 players who could go to any big 6 team and probably play, and the ones that make the rest of the 11 up are bang average.   So when you rest nearly all of the quality players, you are in huge trouble.  Brenda rests players like we have a squad depth of City or Liverpool etc when we downright dont and it shows us up big time.

I get resting players I really do, but you've got to go about it in a way where it has little effect on the team that goes out on the pitch.  Today, that was a League Cup team he put out, in a Premier League game, where 3 points would have put us 5 points clear of 5th.  

I get that there are no assurances of 3 points in any game, but jesus christ Brendan, give the team a fighting chance.

Like I said before, if his intention was to rest players and only bring them on if needed, then bloody start them!!!  Hello, Palace had shipped 10 goals in 2 games, every single person knew they would start slow, cagey and more than a bit nervous (which they did).  That was the time to go at them with a full side!  Then, if you are two up etc at half time, bring the ones off you want to rest!  Thats how other bloody teams do it!  What manager puts a half assed team out and then plans to chase the game if the under strangth squad fall beind?  Its absolutely ludicrus to do that in the league when 3 points are at stake (and 3 points we should of been getting!)

The annoyance is, had we been away at Liverpool or something, then yes, I probably COULD understand putting a much weaker side out, because in reality, you aren't coming away with anything and even a full team would probably lose.  But this was Palace.  So for me, his choice today was either arrogance that a massively weak first 11 would cut it, or I dunno, a sly dig at the owners that we are struggling for depth?  God knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nacho needs replacing, there's no doubt about that. 

None of us know the full extent of Leicester's injuries and fitness /fatigue problems. 

I didn't like our starting 11 but we should have been out of sight by HT so I don't think Brendan got it wrong. 

This time last year, he was a master tactician. 

Poor penalty and sitter header missed. 

Kasper should have saved that and we could have scored a couple in injury time. 

Poor 2nd half though as Palace got more physical and why Gray got on and was allowed to take that free kick, in an excellent position, is beyond me🙄

• Like 2

St albans fox said:

WHAT THE FOOK DONT SOME OF YOU UNDERSTAND

SOME PLAYERS ARE EITHER INJURED OR CARRYING KNOCKS OR JUST BACK FROM LONG TERM INJURIES

THEREFORE THEY CANNOT PLAY TWICE IN 48 HOURS 

Absolutely, players need to be rotated but wholesale changes rarely work. But Vardy did play and, arguably, bringing him on when chasing the game would have taken more out of him than playing in a first half that we completely dominated. Given our first half dominance, had he played from the start he would likely have scored more than the one goal from the penalty spot as Palace were so woefully devoid of confidence it would have been easy pickings. He could then have spent the second half with his feet up.

19 minutes ago, sdb said:

I guess he's good at being 5th/6th choice and needed in an emergency. But he simply shouldn't be starting PL games unless we're missing Wilf, Mendy and Youri.

But this is sort of what I mean.... I’ve asked what he’s good at and the response is he’s 5th/6th choice... 

9 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

The only peril I've noticed with us playing Amartey is the opportunity it affords you to chime in with your tiresome and predictably one-eyed comments about him.

Im only telling the truth.

If you don’t like the truth then I don’t give a shiny shite

Their goal was a defensive calamity and it WAS coming. We had been warned

And it meant we drew a game we should have won. Although even more blame for that goes to Nacho 

8 minutes ago, sycokilla said:

Mendy was very good today, did not mis place a pass, kept the ball moving, those around him were not so hot today!

90/95% of those passes being backwards or sideways. Ndidi is just different class. As I said not alot wrong from him, I'd just much rather have Ndidi in there. The team flow better.

39 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I wonder if it wouldn't just be better to loan him to a Championship side where he's got a better chance of building that confidence back up. If he fails we cut him loose, if he progresses then we bring him back into the squad. What we're doing at the moment feels like purgatory for all involved. 

...as soon as he comes back the negative mental thoughts will come flooding back!!!

He is a confidence player, playing out of position and for him to have stepped up to take then pen was due to the shoot out he had with Perez where Nacho scores all 5 and Perez scores 4. He was not confident before the kick and I was shocked that he was selected to take it, His game went downhill and should have been taken out of the firing line a lot earlier.

36 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

No glossing over this disaster. Barnes' brilliance saved a few blushes but Rodgers has failed again. Playing a second string against a Palace team completely devoid of confidence gave them the opportunity to grow into a game they would have been totally out of after 30 minutes had we begun with a stronger starting 11. With quality players like Zaha there's always a chance they'll get a goal on the break and then the confidence surges back. We all sensed what was going to happen and sure enough it did. What is most worrying is that a pattern is beginning to emerge. Below par performances against weaker opposition, most notably Norwich and Bournemouth last season, cost us CL football. This season it's Fulham and now Palace. While you could argue that Rodgers could not legislate for Nacho not scoring from the spot and missing another golden opportunity, had Vardy been on at the start we'd have been out of sight and he could have then rested him at halftime. Some rotation is required during a congested fixture schedule, but not wholesale changes. This is not the Carabao Cup. He got away with it last season against an absolutely dreadful West Ham but not this time against an equally dreadful Place. As a result the win against Spurs and the point against United have been undermined and we're now looking at top 6 after the current round of fixtures rather than sitting in second breathing down Liverpool's neck. Given our renaissance under Rodger's since his arrival we should be eulogizing about our current lofty situation but somehow we are all too often let down. Without doubt Rodgers is a great coach but somehow I fear that his arrogance will always get in the way when it matters most.  

:dunno:

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If he doesn't bring them on he's moaned at and slaughtered for not doing so when we need to change the game. 

So he can't win.

He does win though because anyone questioning anything he does is instantly shot down by his excusers on here. Its tiresome! 

It's like you can't criticise the manager but not want him out. When did this become a forum where you can't talk about the Leicester managers pros and cons without being mocked and ridiculed

Not just aiming this at you btw

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I think the frustration with the team now lies in the fact that the bang average players now stand out even more.  For every one player we have who is massively talented, hes more often than not passing the ball to someone whose not.  This was never more evident than today.  We have, genuinely, 6 or 7 players who could go to any big 6 team and probably play, and the ones that make the rest of the 11 up are bang average.   So when you rest nearly all of the quality players, you are in huge trouble.  Brenda rests players like we have a squad depth of City or Liverpool etc when we downright dont and it shows us up big time.

I get resting players I really do, but you've got to go about it in a way where it has little effect on the team that goes out on the pitch.  Today, that was a League Cup team he put out, in a Premier League game, where 3 points would have put us 5 points clear of 5th.  

I get that there are no assurances of 3 points in any game, but jesus christ Brendan, give the team a fighting chance.

Like I said before, if his intention was to rest players and only bring them on if needed, then bloody start them!!!  Hello, Palace had shipped 10 goals in 2 games, every single person knew they would start slow, cagey and more than a bit nervous (which they did).  That was the time to go at them with a full side!  Then, if you are two up etc at half time, bring the ones off you want to rest!  Thats how other bloody teams do it!  What manager puts a half assed team out and then plans to chase the game if the under strangth squad fall beind?  Its absolutely ludicrus to do that in the league when 3 points are at stake (and 3 points we should of been getting!)

The annoyance is, had we been away at Liverpool or something, then yes, I probably COULD understand putting a much weaker side out, because in reality, you aren't coming away with anything and even a full team would probably lose.  But this was Palace.  So for me, his choice today was either arrogance that a massively weak first 11 would cut it, or I dunno, a sly dig at the owners that we are struggling for depth?  God knows.

Struggling  for depth?! 

We have soynucu, ricardo out and amartey, mendy, choudhury,  perez, praet that would hold down a first team place for every single team from 11 - 20 in the table. Even Iheanacho is way above PL players like Joelinton or Brewster or Karlan Grant etc

On 16/12/2020 at 20:55, Stephen Hughes said:

As you say this season is crazy. We are inconsistent, yet if scores stay the same we are 2 points from topping the table and sit in 4th place.

Whilst I am one of the first to become angry at the poor performances we have to take a step back and look at the season so far without fans and with the injuries we have had. 

I think it’s the false hope from great results that kills me. 

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

WHAT THE FOOK DONT SOME OF YOU UNDERSTAND

SOME PLAYERS ARE EITHER INJURED OR CARRYING KNOCKS OR JUST BACK FROM LONG TERM INJURIES

THEREFORE THEY CANNOT PLAY TWICE IN 48 HOURS 

Agreed - BR said it himself pre match. He didn’t want to risk players coming back injury and risking them for one match, which could risk longer term injury. The facts are we should have the game won it the 1st half. Palace were always going to better in the second half and we paid the price g go or not scoring in the 1st half. Undefeated over Xmas  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

So when we are 2 points off the top 3 or top 5 at the end of the season and not in European Football you won’t look back at this and other games where Rodgers has had a brain fart over his team selections.!!!!!!!!!!!

Always Next year..!!   Plus I wont blame Rodgers...

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He does win though because anyone questioning anything he does is instantly shot down by his excusers on here. Its tiresome! 

It's like you can't criticise the manager but not want him out. When did this become a forum where you can't talk about the Leicester managers pros and cons without being mocked and ridiculed

Not just aiming this at you btw

But if we think the criticism is misguided or unwarranted, are we not allowed to defend him?

Rodgers wasn't fully to blame for today but some fans make out like he was. 

• Like 4