Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

We were on the attack given it away with a silly pass.. I’m shocked Townsend gets the cross in or even gets on the ball, we had three crowding them out in the centre before the pass to the corner... not sharp enough there and then for no one to be close to Zaha was pretty bad and yes Kasper being beaten it was just a total disaster. 

Gutted with this result we should have been out of site at half time but this is what happens when you don’t take your chances. Mendy played very well I thought as did Barnes and amarty. Need to hammer Newcastle now. Palace are shite and didn’t deserve anything from that but that’s football at times, have to move on and hopefully 3 points next game 

Although I totally disagree with this modern day idea of resting & rotating players, we still did more than enough to win that game. Indeed Palace were so bad any team in the Prem would have been gutted not to beat them

What it does prove is that our squad is still not strong enough in certain positions. We can get away with a couple of players missing, but not 7. I'm afraid to say that we need much better cover than Nacho & Hamza

I'm also happy with the rotation today. 

Thomas, Big Dan, Mendy, JJ - all looked pretty good. The Zaha goal was just nobody tracking his run and I Evans/ Kasper should have been directing things a bit more. Long term, it's a good result. Those players will have a game under their belt and get some confidence. Down the road, when the games are stacking up (and next year with the god awful World Cup), that will be absolutely vital. 

We've now got a bench and series of options that don't fill me with dread. 

5 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

But we would of created more chances if Rodgers hadn't sidelined our creative players!!  You cant just pull out Tielemens , Vardy, Maddison, Fofana, Castagne, Ndidi etc and expect it to not make a huge difference.  Especially when players you put in their place as rusty as shit because they hardly play.  Rest players if need be yes, but not every single one that has a footballing brain! 

I agree but let's not pretend it's guaranteed that we definitely play better with them in the side. We've had plenty of shite performances from them. For Maddison and Fofana not to be on the bench they must be carrying an injury so it's not just resting them, Tielemans yes but he came on and was awful. Vardy plays and gets injured and we have Iheanacho for 2 months, if and buts I know but it's a risk either way. Castagne and Ndidi may have played of they hadn't just come back from injury. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Dodged a bullet today. Poor starting eleven that turned out to be virtually playing with ten men as putting Nacho as a No 9 is like flogging a dead horse. Should have won the game but the team was unbalanced and carried no threat for long spells. Don't let anyone hide behind the *consistency* excuse for this game, it was the lack of consistent team selection that has cost us two points against an awful side.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

He was lazy when he came on today, and the fact he demanded that free kick was absurd. 

Sorry but why didn't someone get involved and say it's Youri's. I don't mind players backing their ability but Gray has played 20 mins this season then takes the ball from Youri.

My goodness…. We weren’t that atrocious 

Palace had 25/30 mins where they competed otherwise we bossed it….

Should have been home and hosed in the first half…. Nacho has been an able understudy on many occasions, although he had a bit of a horror show today…

Big Dan and Mendy were epic and the Barnes finish was sensational…

You have to flex your squad when you have this amount of games over Christmas and this lot have rarely let us down to be fair…

should’ve been 3 points but we get 1 a it’s the way it goes sometimes….

• Like 3

Just now, Wolfox said:

My goodness…. We weren’t that atrocious 

Palace had 25/30 mins where they competed otherwise we bossed it….

Should have been home and hosed in the first half…. Nacho has been an able understudy on many occasions, although he had a bit of a horror show today…

Big Dan and Mendy were epic and the Barnes finish was sensational…

You have to flex your squad when you have this amount of games over Christmas and this lot have rarely let us down to be fair…

should’ve been 3 points but we get 1 a it’s the way it goes sometimes….

This is the type of post that really pisses me off. It’s the polar opposite of the doom merchants

Mendy and Amartey were not ‘epic’. Epic refers to a defence that doesn’t concede and a midfield that bosses the game

Christ, this forum is so full of hyperbole

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

He wisely rotated and with the exception of Amartey, Mendy and Thomas, was unable to rely upon squad players stepping up to do the job today against a piss poor Palace.

I agree, i thought Most of the lads played well, it was down to a couple of individual errors really 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yes that would be the approach imo. Palace and Villa have both started similar teams to the ones that played the other day. 7 changes or whatever it was is overkill and ultimately cost us 2 points

We were all over them in that first half, in part I'm sure because we had fresher players.

The only blame I can think to lay at Rodger's door is that he still trusts Kelechi. If it wasn't for his 1/10 performance we'd have won and won comfortably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yes that would be the approach imo. Palace and Villa have both started similar teams to the ones that played the other day. 7 changes or whatever it was is overkill and ultimately cost us 2 points

But what if you don't? It's not like we haven't struggled to go ahead in the first half with our first team. Especially against teams (like Palace) that sit back and play narrow. In the first half especially I don't see much wrong with the squad choice or performance. I'm not excusing BR I'm just not seeing where he's made some terrible player choices. Except for Nacho. But I don't know what you do about that when Vardy played only two days ago and probably needs resting.