Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

We created more than enough chances to win the game and conceded a really poor goal all well and good moaning at selection but some of the players did not put their hands up today, Big Dan, JJ, Mendy and Barnes all put in a really solid performance and good to come back against a team as negative as you will see a really shithouse performance especially the keeper time wasting in added on time

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Not looking for an argument but its frustrating that Rodgers took one look at Palaces recent form and decided to rip the team to pieces in the name of resting. It wouldnt have happened against a bigger team and weve come away from arguably the poorest side weve played this year with a point.

I agree I think we are all frustrated with drawing to this poor team. 

IMO The starting 11 was good enough to win that game as showed in the first half. That’s why I think it’s harsh to blame BR but can understand those who do.

I have never had the privilege to play top flight football so don’t know if two games in two games on top of a Europa campaign is too much. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He picks the team ffs! When will he ever be responsible? 

Yes he does, but as manager he has too give oppurtunities to others, for reasons already discussed on this forum fixture congestion, injuries etc .

The question is do you get ahead first then change players...

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's totally unfair, especially as not all teams have to do it. Notice how Man U and Liverpool get minimum 3 days between games. In fact, Man U have 3 days between games and play at home to a Wolves team who only get 2 days. That's a massive and unfair advantage.

Yes, as I said you're at the mercy of when TV want you to play even more. It doesn't happen at any other time of the season.

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I know some footballers thrive off confidence but it's to such an extent with him it seems a huge road block to him ever becoming a half decent top-flight striker. You can't be that mentally weak.

I wonder if it wouldn't just be better to loan him to a Championship side where he's got a better chance of building that confidence back up. If he fails we cut him loose, if he progresses then we bring him back into the squad. What we're doing at the moment feels like purgatory for all involved. 

• Like 1

Stupid team selection, starting with our 2 second choice defensive midfielders, no creativity and a donkey up front!

You get what you deserve!

No game is an easy game and you should pick the strongest team available. I can understand 1 or 2 but to change half of it, also I think we know by now that never works for us.

Obviously glad we didn't lose, but we could of easily done so, wasted opportunity yet again!

People talk about us becoming a big club or a top 6 regular, but while this is still in our locker we never will be.

It's not like palace played well either, they didn't, they were bloody garbage!!! Same old, created one chance and scored it!

9 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Nacho and BR taking flak, but Kaspar covers his near post and we’d have come away with all the points. 

Kasper arguably should have done better with it, I agree - but there was a litany of errors in the passage leading up to it. 

Thomas (?) probably should foul Zaha, use a bit of nous - Evans gives Townsend the freedom of Croydon to get it on his favoured foot and ping it in, Youri nods off and lets Zaha peel off him.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
typo
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Until we are able to create more chances we are going to have games like this. You cant keep scoring from minimal chances. 

But we would of created more chances if Rodgers hadn't sidelined all our creative players!!  You cant just pull out Tielemens , Vardy, Maddison, Fofana, Castagne, Ndidi etc and expect it to not make a huge difference.  Especially when players you put in their place as rusty as shit because they hardly play.  Rest players if need be yes, but not every single one that has a footballing brain! 

Edited by kristianity77

Bit of a double edged sword for me...

With the team we had out and all the rotation you have to accept some of the quality and sharpness might not be there, so a point isn't the worst result.

However they scored from just about their only chance, and failing to beat that bunch of hoof merchants might be 2 points dropped.

I hate teams like Palace and Burnley. They're absolutely horrendous to watch and a dreadful team to boot, God knows how you could pay to sit and watch that negative hoofball every week and I have no idea how they stay up every year.

12 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Neither nacho nor Hamza are good enough for where we want to be. Amartey looked a great option at cb though.

To me it seems like nacho could have the quality  but has a bad attitude and hamza doesn't have the quality but has a good attitude. But what do I know.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m sure I mentioned our positioning (and certainly Amartey’s) after the missed Zaha chance 

If you want to continue with that defence be my guest

And you were wrong about that too. 

There is no intention to continue with "that defence'. Castagne will be in against Newcastle, Söyüncü was on the bench today, Fofana rested and Ricardo isn't ready yet. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

If we all donate a pound can we buy Gray out of the last 6 months of his contract so we can all have the pleasure of not seeing the lazy useless sod in a Leicester shirt ever again?

I don't think he's lazy, I've always thought he does a lot of running and defensive work - he's just not very good in the areas that really matter for a wide player.

• Like 1

Just now, Fightforever said:

Managed it but they were shocking. They only won because they park the bus and hoof it up to Zaha which is a very energy efficient way of playing. Iheanacho burys that penalty and everyone would start talking about how great Breandan is. Sick of the critisim BR gets on here. If it was Pearson who was the manager today with the same result half of the site would have creamed themselves.

But he didn't bury the penalty did he? Because he's shite and has no confidence. 

As for the Rodgers criticism you've got to be joking? Never known a manager have as many excuses made for him on here. 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So what would you have said if we had gone full strength and lost Ndidi and Castange to injury again. 

It not about being tired, it about avoiding picking up injuries due to muscle fatigue. 

There is a balance, and 8 changes is not it. Nacho should never have started the second half and Gray shouldn't even be on the bench. You rest several players, start with an almost full strength team, win the game early, make more subs. You don't change the entire team in a game where 3 points would almost be a given. Massive opportunity missed and now a long weeks rest until the next game. Players should be able to handle 2 games in 48 hours followed by a rest. I guarantee no other team makes that amount of changes in this run of games with such an obvious chance of taking 3 extremely important, valuable points. It makes the draw against united literally pointless. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Yes he does, but as manager he has too give oppurtunities to others, for reasons already discussed on this forum fixture congestion, injuries etc .

The question is do you get ahead first then change players...

Yes that would be the approach imo. Palace and Villa have both started similar teams to the ones that played the other day. 7 changes or whatever it was is overkill and ultimately cost us 2 points

• Like 3

Just now, foxfanazer said:

But he didn't bury the penalty did he? Because he's shite and has no confidence. 

As for the Rodgers criticism you've got to be joking? Never known a manager have as many excuses made for him on here. 

Some wanted him out when he finished 5th. Sleep on it your reactionary. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

It’s FT. It’s full of excuses

Not beating Palace today is quite inexcusable 

• Thanks 2