Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (a) - Match Thread - 03/01/2021

Lovely stuff. Should do these with that lineup.

Keep it away from Wilson at feet and we can deal with them with that backline. No Shelvey in the starting lineup a bonus - even if he's not the player he was, his searching balls always worry me when we play these 

inb4 Joelinton decides to have his one good game in 20 now i've said that

I like having Castagne and Justin both on – means Rodgers has the option to swap them around if needed.

Ricardo is better than either as a RB or RWB, but having those two offers more options. 

What a team we're building here!

9 minutes ago, ronnup said:

He's in for his defending work, JJ will get forward. 

I know, but I don't particularly think we need to think too much about defensive reinforcements against Newcastle.

Feels like a wasted attacking option to break down a team that will turn up to defend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I know, but I don't particularly think we need to think too much about defensive reinforcements against Newcastle.

Feels like a wasted attacking option to break down a team that will turn up to defend.

But give you attacking options on the bench if need. 

That's as good a team as we can field and gives me a lot of confidence.

I get Albrighton playing, he works hard both in attack and defence. Let's get control of the game,  and then look at bringing on ünder to take advantage of a more tired Newcastle.

Absolutely no excuses today.

Bring it on.

I like Albrighton but I’m not sure it’s worth playing him instead of say a Perez if only Vardy is up top  to convert his decent deliveries. Still it’s a strong side and we should be threatening a win I hope. 

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Terrifies me that people are talking about a winger needing to offer defensive protection against Newcastle.

Love the echo chamber that is the internet lol

They may not be that good but doesn't mean they can't pose a threat. It's good to have defensive cover. I don't get why it's such a contentious point for Albrighton to play. It means it's a side that can be well-balanced. 

No doubt if we were caught on the break because Justin attacked down the right you'd get some fans being like 'if we had some defensive cover that could have been prevented' :dunno:

• Like 1