Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Stoke (a) - FA Cup Match Thread - 09/01/2021

Just now, Tom12345 said:

I wish Perez is not so isolated up front. We are playing Stoke. Hope Nachos can come on for Ndidi and we play Perez and Nachos up front.

No need to take Wilf off. He gives us height for set pieces. 

Praet off for Nacho but only if its needed. No urgency or requirement to change it when we're so comfortable. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

No need to take Wilf off. He gives us height for set pieces. 

Praet off for Nacho but only if its needed. No urgency or requirement to change it when we're so comfortable. 

Comfortable you say?

That's Rodgers favourite time to get experimental

• Haha 1

Coincidence ? Is it my imagination or are our headers improving. Either they were always better than I thought or they.ve been practicing. Fofana immense and definitely heading nuch better I think. Whole team having a good match, but way to go . Good half time talk and we might be there.

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

JJ is a man who just gave me a boner.

Get back

Get back

Stoke

Get back

to where you once belonged..

What with this suggestion, and that song that goes on about Soyuncu's large goolies, the song book seems to be turning decidedly homoerotic. lol

• Haha 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

He isn't isolated? He's dropping deep and picking the ball up a lot.

When he is up front he is so he needs to drop deep to get the ball. If Nachos is up there with him, he would also have another man central to pass forward (instead of passing to the wings).

First 30 were dull, after the goal we stepped it up a bit and just about deserve the lead. They've got threat from set-pieces and we need to stop giving so many away.

Tremendous goal from Justin.

Perez has looked sharp and tidy up front, what he lacks in pace he makes up for ball control, balance and speed of thought. He needs runners around him tho because I can see how he could become quite ineffective on his own but I like watching him.

Surprised we’ve not see more of him up top that Nacho, maybe because Nacho can hold ball up better?

I really enjoyed some of the football we played towards the end of the half.

Just now, Tom12345 said:

When he is up front he is so he needs to drop deep to get the ball. If Nachos is up there with him, he would also have another man central to pass forward (instead of passing to the wings).

Alternatively he's dropping deep to link play and pick the ball up to use his dribbling ability. Nacho probably is a shout later on

Was just thinking that we weren’t going to score today and then Justin does that. Looked fantastic after that.

Do think we’ll need another though as there’s no way we’re not conceding from a set piece and the referee is giving us nothing. Only had two free kicks given to us and one of those was the rugby tackle on Barnes that was the obvious yellow. 

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This was the team that relegated us to League One. Wow how times can change!

Really enjoyed that half, and what a phenomenal goal that was from James Justin. Brilliant signing you have to say!

giphy.gif

My daughter just reminded me she got gobbed on that day.

• Sad 1