Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

@Voll Blau @Izzy @AKCJ @Bert @RonnieTodger @Super_horns @deejdeej @Wasyls Pec Deck @fuchsntf @Osavo @Paddy @trabuch

@Corky @RowlattsFox @Leicester_Loyal

Still time to join myself and @Kopic in the IPL Fantasy League on Superbru :)

https://www.superbru.com/sh/?k=pAtqnP5h

Follow that link to join! If it asks you for a Pool Code, use hackduet

All for fun and all for free :)

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

@Voll Blau @Izzy @AKCJ @Bert @RonnieTodger @Super_horns @deejdeej @Wasyls Pec Deck @fuchsntf @Osavo @Paddy @trabuch

All for fun and all for free :)

I will give it a go. But history tells me I probably wont stick at it lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

All for fun and all for free

Got me. bat & Gloves...Also ready to turn my hand over..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Standard of the IPL this year is ludicrous already.

Samson on 112 off 58 for the royals lol 

I am fuming.

I swapped out Rahul for Buttler. And it was he or Samson who I was in a dilemma about lol 

• Haha 1

I've stuck up for the hundred a little bit at times, despite still thinking its unnecessary but this latest development is embarrassing.  I don't see the point at all, all they are doing is making it even more difficult to explain to newbies and then explain why its different rules and terminologies when you play 'normal' cricket.

Players will be blinded by the money initially but hopefully enough of them will think its ridiculous and slowly start making themselves unavailable. 

28 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I've stuck up for the hundred a little bit at times, despite still thinking its unnecessary but this latest development is embarrassing.  I don't see the point at all, all they are doing is making it even more difficult to explain to newbies and then explain why its different rules and terminologies when you play 'normal' cricket.

Players will be blinded by the money initially but hopefully enough of them will think its ridiculous and slowly start making themselves unavailable. 

That's the thing, isn't it? Even if it does come off and get a load of new people into 'normal' cricket, they're only then going to be put off by basically having to learn the rules of the game all over again! Kids turning up at junior cricket clubs won't know what they're doing because what their teammates are playing, and the terms they're using, are completely different.

The ECB's way of thinking is that the sport can only grow and survive if it's changed beyond recognition to those who already love it. It's such a self-defeating strategy.

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

That's the thing, isn't it? Even if it does come off and get a load of new people into 'normal' cricket, they're only then going to be put off by basically having to learn the rules of the game all over again! Kids turning up at junior cricket clubs won't know what they're doing because what their teammates are playing, and the terms they're using, are completely different.

The ECB's way of thinking is that the sport can only grow and survive if it's changed beyond recognition to those who already love it. It's such a self-defeating strategy.

And surely whoever will tempt the kids to watch will have some idea about the sport, even as a casual fan, and the commentators will have to spend an age on the new terminology.

And my point about the fielding positions is serious- if "wicket" mystifies people, what will silly point do? Or third man? Deep long leg?

I'm not quite sure what the end goal is here. I thought it was an attempt to get kids into it with the hope they'd watch other versions of the game but all this shit seems to be suggesting this is the only version that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopic said:

There goes my number one superbru pick any time he's playing.

Just started watching the Mumbai Indians Netflix thing, love seeing the behind the scenes stuff of this mad franchise.

I wonder if he Damaged it, when taking the catch...