Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

NNOOOOOOOOO!!! Kelechi needs to shine now and I wouldn't put Perez up top either. Granted Kelechi is more of a back to goal player but over the course of this season he has actually got better in terms of runs similar to Vards.

There is no getting away from the fact that this is a huge blow. Even when not scoring Vardy is so vital as his very presence creates uncertainty in the opposition ranks and hence space for others. Really very worried about our chances over the next few weeks as I have no confidence that either Nacho or Perez can play a lone striker role. Brendan might need to change the shape of the team to compensate.

3 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Harvey to move up front, with Under and RP to go to the wings?

I thought that, too. Would be interesting to see. Part of me is loathe to see us mess around with a winning formula. But part of me would be curious about that. Would allow Under his chance, too, without dropping Albrighton. 

Here's Rodgers' comments on coping without him:

“We’ve played without Jamie before and scored and won. He’s contributed to the team over these past few weeks even if he hasn’t scored. When you don’t have one of the top strikers in the league, it’s always going to be disappointing. It’s not overly concerning. It’s our best chance of getting him back. Ayoze Perez is a natural striker. He doesn’t threaten the backline as quickly as Vardy, but he’s a great finisher. I‘ve got Kels who can offer a threat too."

I think that is why we are in the market for a no.10 - Perez is going to lead the line for a few weeks which leaves us short for Maddison cover.

Perez

Barnes Maddison Albrighton

with Iheanacho, Gray, AM, Under in reserve

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Walshy5 said:

Right, we need a Covid outbreak to get all these games postponed until he's fit.

Get someone to organise a house party quick

Could this be used as a positive ... the lads will know that the media are convinced that we are a one man team. Surely they would be able to use that knowledge as a motivator, knowing that they need to step up to make a statement could be motivating. Perhaps like most I’m clutching but in the past playing ruggers I’ve used similar situations to motivate myself and team members to try and kick on into another gear. 

• Like 1