Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Surely he could have kept this under wraps until right before the Everton games. I he wasn't in the squad Brentford no one would have batted an eye.

And wouldn't have added a few million on the price of a new striker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

PL: 9 goals, 4 assists. 

Yeah we want better numbers ideally but it's unfair to suggest he's done fook all positive for us.

Not saying he's done fook all positive mate but I expected a bit more from Perez for £30 million.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Not saying he's done fook all positive mate but I expected a bit more from Perez for £30 million.

If he'd been £15 million would that have changed your thinking?

ie is it purely his pricetag which shapes your thinking on him?

[Not spoiling for a fight mate, you know that! ha]

16 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Where does JJ fit in. 

Stick Fofana up front - the man's capable of anything

Difficult one. It is really really hard to drop JJ but I still think Ricardo and Castagne are ahead ... very unfair on JJ I know.

As for Fofana upfront, who knows, maybe it is worth a try! In that case, get Albrighton back on as Fofana might get to the end of a few.

10 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

gotta start Perez up front, played there when at Newcastle and bagged.

The problem with this is that it removes any threat in behind, which will mean that the opposition can push up and squeeze us, allowing less space and time for our midfielders. Really hope I'm wrong but I think this has a massive impact on our chances for the coming weeks. As I said earlier in the thread, it's not just Vardy's goals that help the team, it's his fear factor amongst the opposition.

We could try Barnes up front, given his pace, but we then have to make a number of other changes ie move Albrighton to the left wing to bring in Ricardo or Ünder on the right.

Really hope we don't go for a 3 at the back formation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Havent a few people said as well that it was actually no where near 30m? I might be wrong... 

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

:P

I think Perez has been O.K. for us since he joined but no more than that. I know he's been in and out of the team and personally I'd play him more centrally than out wide. I reckon in hindsight we paid over the odds for him but if he scores 5 in 5 when Vardy's out then all is forgiven!

It's a good chance for him to step up in Vardy's absence and show us all what he's capable of but whether he gets the chance or not only Brendan knows (I'd still prefer him up top to Nacho though)

• Like 2

Neither Perez nor Iheanacho can do what Vardy does in terms of stretching defences and opening up attacking corridors for others. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

We have two options - either make alterations to the way we play (risky), or look to bring in a replacement (also risky).

Fortunately the transfer window is still open for another week or so, but whichever way you look at it, this is bad news.

The only saving grace is that the team have played brilliantly even with a misfiring Vardy in the last two games.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Neither Perez nor Iheanacho can do what Vardy does in terms of stretching defences and opening up attacking corridors for others. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

I think most of us know that tbf.

There's only one Jamie Vardy etc, etc..

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

We have two options - either make alterations to the way we play (risky), or look to bring in a replacement (also risky).

Fortunately the transfer window is still open for another week or so, but whichever way you look at it, this is bad news.

The only saving grace is that the team have played brilliantly even with a misfiring Vardy in the last two games.

Unfortunately you said it yourself..

they can’t stretch defences like vardy.

so even with him misfiring, he makes defenders uncomfortable and creates space for the others.

Vardy hasn't been great the last few weeks, the groin clearly been troubling him but with him out we've lost a huge part of our counter-attacking ability. Perez and Iheanacho try to make runs in behind but aren't quick enough to make them count. I'd be more confident of us being ok without Vardy if 3 of our next 4 league games were at home, rather than away. 

Start Kelechi, Perez isn’t a natural centre forward. This whole Iheanacho witch hunt is totally wrong, if he scored that pen v Palace you fickle bunch would be clamouring for him to start on Sunday. I can understand people not wanting him as long-term replacement for Vardy, I don’t either, but he’s perfectly capable of doing a job for a few weeks whilst Vardy is out. Hope he proves you all wrong.

• Like 2