Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

While Vardy hasn't been banging them in, his runs have been dragging defenders out of place creating space for others, resulting in goal scoring opportunities and this will be missed with whatever alternate we go with. I reckon he will experiment with Perez as a false 9 with 2 attacking wide forwards (Barnes and Under) in the cup this weekend and see how this works. 

Edited by turlo
typo
  • Like 3

Look it's a big blow, there's no sugar coating it, he hasn't looked 100% lately so it's best he gets the issue sorted ahead of the run in. I've confidence though in other areas of the side to contribute goals and it's a big opportunity for Perez to show what he can do.

• Like 3

Missing Vardy is bad, knowing that Nacho is likely to come in as a replacement is horrific.

We need to buy / loan somebody. I'd rather 10 men than watch that fat arsed tw@t run around like a T-Rex for 90 minutes.

Think I'd rather see Barnes moved up and Ünder into his position. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Sad to see this but this is a wake up call to the club. If the answer isn't found in the players we have then there's no more time for screwing around or whatever in terms of scouting attacking players. I have zero expectations as this gets worked out (more curiosity than anger at results). What I am angry about is that this problem now has the chance to possibly cost us all that has been worked for this season. Again.

If this club has expectations of dining at the top of the table then you need goals. Time to solve the problem.

That said it will be interesting to see what of the various solutions to the problem will win out. A poll perhaps?

It was his hip for weeks now it's his groin that's the issue. Well which one Brendan?

Either way, if it is the surgery I think it is, he could be back in 2 weeks. However, by them saying a few weeks rather than a couple means it must be longer. So maybe back in time for the first leg of EL with a shorter appearance off the bench against Liverpool.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Not really fair, as he hasn’t been given much of a chance as a striker here.

He gets bullied on the wing let alone by big burly centre halves, he's a pathetic physical specimen. As for chances in general have a look how many games he started last year. Arguably he's had far more of a chance than the in and out Iheanacho. Yes, he's been slightly less bad down the middle than on the wing but people forever fall for the odd bit of skill or good touch in the hope that there's better to come. There's nothing to him other than half a good season in four at Newcastle. Iheanacho for all his faults in the cups or Europe has at least shown that he can score goals but I'm not holding my breath there either. Perhaps Iheanacho behind Barnes is an option. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Terminology in that is interesting. I assume BR means we want him back by Liverpool?

As in easier said than done. Its medicine not auto repair. I knew this was coming. Just when we're purring.