Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

12 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Sad to see this but this is a wake up call to the club. If the answer isn't found in the players we have then there's no more time for screwing around or whatever in terms of scouting attacking players. I have zero expectations as this gets worked out (more curiosity than anger at results). What I am angry about is that this problem now has the chance to possibly cost us all that has been worked for this season. Again.

If this club has expectations of dining at the top of the table then you need goals. Time to solve the problem.

That said it will be interesting to see what of the various solutions to the problem will win out. A poll perhaps?

Yeah, let's have a poll to who's the crappiest out of Iheanacho and Perez!..

Too close to call?

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

Sad that we're thinking along the lines of "anyone but Iheanacho" to fill his role. But shows how important it is to plan NOW for a future without Vardy.

Rodgers had to know this was coming. Iheanacho will start. Sunday should be interesting.

What a depressing thread to see, when I jump straight on Foxestalk after being out :nono:

Everton is a massive game, to lose him for that is a big blow. Then potentially Leeds, Fulham and Wolves. If you play Leeds in the right way, you smash them, regardless of who plays. Fulham have looked good lately, they’ve already beaten us, that could be another banana skin. Then Wolves are looking in free fall atm, they’ll have a new striker by then though, so we’ll see.

With this unfortunate dilemma though, as others have said, it was to be Perez over Iheanacho for me. It will probably be doubtful, but with the window open, Vardy out for a few weeks, why not finally make use of the transfer market, get that understudy to Vardy that we need, and push Iheanacho out of the picture once and for all.

Or we could just play Iheanacho, he suddenly turns into peak Ronaldo or some shit, we win all those games and we’re sitting top of the league once Vardy’s back :D

Maddison has been playing higher up the pitch so hopefully he can take some weight of the goals, time for other players to get there scoring boots on, I think we will be fine but we will miss Vardy just his name being on the teamsheet is enough to give defenders a problem

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

Could this be used as a positive ... the lads will know that the media are convinced that we are a one man team. Surely they would be able to use that knowledge as a motivator, knowing that they need to step up to make a statement could be motivating. Perhaps like most I’m clutching but in the past playing ruggers I’ve used similar situations to motivate myself and team members to try and kick on into another gear. 

Your not clutching. Look at what the squad did earlier in the season with all the injuries we had. That's what makes this so hard to take should we drop back. It was an incredible achievement. No excuses now.

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Missing Vardy is bad, knowing that Nacho is likely to come in as a replacement is horrific.

We need to buy / loan somebody. I'd rather 10 men than watch that fat arsed tw@t run around like a T-Rex for 90 minutes.

Think I'd rather see Barnes moved up and Ünder into his position. 

Well at least you're post cheered me up, I snorted out loud at your Nacho T Rex description 🤣 . Perhaps we could have 'My Little Pony' Perez skipping round after him! 

Your suggestion of Barnes and Under has merit for me with possibly JJ on the left and Maddison in behind. Surely we can't leave our future in the hands of the first two Chuckle Brothers!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

We will have to sign a forward if want to win the league. No chance of nacho or Perez being good enough up front. Only other option I see is Barnes or Ricardo playing upfront. 

Ricky P that potent natural finisher who's proven time and time again he should be a striker.........:thumbup:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Missing Vardy is bad, knowing that Nacho is likely to come in as a replacement is horrific.

We need to buy / loan somebody. I'd rather 10 men than watch that fat arsed tw@t run around like a T-Rex for 90 minutes.

Think I'd rather see Barnes moved up and Ünder into his position. 

A T-Rex turns quicker😂.

And Perez would be more suited to riding a white swan!

• Haha 1

Well I guess the Brentford game takes on new significance now! Will Brendan us this to try out the post-hardy formation and squad going into the premier league games? Mighty as well I say. We're gonna need some luck now as well as everyone pulling up their socks with renewed determination. We need this more than ever from Nachos and Perez. They have to seriously come thru for us now with GOALS! Last chance saloon for Nachos especially he can be a hero if he wants to. Agree with the many posts that say Vardy is more than just goals for us, he's leadership/effort/tenacity/fight and Leicester City personified. The squad can't get down missing him on the field and turn into something positive that they can step up to. COYF!

ps...can lady luck even the playing field and have bucktooth-Bruno/ cavalary & Pogbutt also injured for a few weeks too please?