Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Would you want a player like Diego Costa at Leicester?

Over the last year there have been a number of "big" names that have become available, but we are never being linked to any of them. 

Diego Costa is currently available, Edin Dzeko is another one, Cavani was snapped up by United. Zlatan was available a year ago. 

Are these aging superstars just not on our radar? Should they be?

Right now Dzeko is being linked with Everton and West Ham, we currently have a striking shortage should we be looking at someone past his best on a big salary but with that winning experience and not expecting to play every game. Or should we avoid these sorts of players due to how it might upset the dressing room.

Diego Costa is a fantastic footballer and a step up from Dzeko but a bit of an arse on the pitch. It would be a real coup to get him, do you think we could? Do you think we should? Cambiasso worked out ok.

Just a few musings on a Tuesday morning.

No. Not that he hasn't been a tremendous centre forward, but because every signing is a cog that must fit in the machine - technically and personally. Its never about the player and always about the club and the team. Costa is, or has been, a great player but I dont think his profile (technical and personal) fits our machine

Edited by Jacnah

I wouldn't be against signing an ageing striker on a short term deal in terms of the qualities they bring to the pitch, as long as they want to contribute, work hard etc. I'd love Cavani and think he would fit in brilliantly. Diego Costa less so.

Upsetting the dressing room comes up a lot, and I think its probably overstated a little bit. Footballers know some will be on more money, its more about their attitude around the place and whether they can contribute. 

I doubt we'd be in the market for one though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Strike force of Costa and Vardy, yes please. Just for the laughs. 

... and double the hate from other fans.:P

But not for me.

• Like 2

Assuming he'd be fine to play Kelechi's role in the side (cups and occasional sub) then i'd absolutely have him.

He offers something different and has proven to play well in a system that is relatively similar to the one we currently play.

I'm not just talking about Costa though, it just seems we never get linked with a big name. We are right up there at the moment as one of the best clubs in Europe, we could attract a big name coming towards the end of their career (we arguably attracted one coming into his prime in Tielemens). We just don't seem interested. Is it our transfer policy, or an inferiority complex, or just that we've been burned recently with Slimani and Silva that we are a bit more cautious.

Costa or Dzeko on a short term deal to ease the pressure on Vardy looks like a no brainer yet we're not even mentioned in the gossip columns.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

Has he ever actually been known to cause dressing room unrest? 

based purely on his football, I’d take him. As mentioned above somewhere if he’s happy playing Keli’s role and wages are not silly he’d be an option. But I have faith that we are waiting for the right deal. Please please be Daka. 

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I'm not just talking about Costa though, it just seems we never get linked with a big name. We are right up there at the moment as one of the best clubs in Europe, we could attract a big name coming towards the end of their career (we arguably attracted one coming into his prime in Tielemens). We just don't seem interested. Is it our transfer policy, or an inferiority complex, or just that we've been burned recently with Slimani and Silva that we are a bit more cautious.

Costa or Dzeko on a short term deal to ease the pressure on Vardy looks like a no brainer yet we're not even mentioned in the gossip columns.

Its because we'd never pay the wages they'd likely be after. And they would come with expectations greater than just being back up to Vardy.

• Like 2