Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Would you want a player like Diego Costa at Leicester?

7 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Has he ever actually been known to cause dressing room unrest? 

based purely on his football, I’d take him. As mentioned above somewhere if he’s happy playing Keli’s role and wages are not silly he’d be an option. But I have faith that we are waiting for the right deal. Please please be Daka. 

By all accounts Costa is a lovely person off the field, just an arse hole on it. The dressing room issue would probably be as much about money as personality. It's interesting listening to former footballers speak about how a big money signing impacts the dressing room. It is largely positive, but it can quickly go negative if they don't perform.

29 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I always feel that these signings are often made for publicity and shirt sales rather than what they would actually bring to the team. It screams Tevez for WestHam a few years back.

How is this anything like Tevez at West Ham? He was 22 at the time and scored the goals that kept them in the division. I'm not sure if he was such a big name at the time, either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I'm not just talking about Costa though, it just seems we never get linked with a big name. We are right up there at the moment as one of the best clubs in Europe, we could attract a big name coming towards the end of their career (we arguably attracted one coming into his prime in Tielemens). We just don't seem interested. Is it our transfer policy, or an inferiority complex, or just that we've been burned recently with Slimani and Silva that we are a bit more cautious.

Costa or Dzeko on a short term deal to ease the pressure on Vardy looks like a no brainer yet we're not even mentioned in the gossip columns.

I think it's because we're not interested in names. I'm sure the club know they can find someone less famous who's as good or better for less money. A big name coming here would also expect to be top dog. We've got where we are by outthinking the competition in the transfer market. I see no reason for that to change all of a sudden.

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yes, he is a leader and will get you goals 

5 years a go I agree.

Today it's just a waste of money.

If we are going to get a striker get a striker in the age bracket of around 22 to 25 to be Vardys replacement 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

On what basis? I wouldn’t want him but he’s been adored seemingly everywhere he’s been 

Those other clubs can pay his wages. Not sure about getting a 250/300k a week player dwarfing everyone else's salary.

And would he be happy not starting every game/rotating with Vardy?

Nope, but happily consider a loan option to boost us till season end. The next striker we buy I'd assume will have one eye on Vardy predecessor. We cant afford to get another wrong and summer window is clearly the best time for that. Cant imagine how daunting trying to find a longer term option is but weve arrived there. Vardy still doing a great job but hes now 34, to be a club with european aspirations and not have a serious second option is criminal.

Are we even linked with him?

Not a bad player still, would still have something to offer, and is a right nasty bastard too.

But would probably want bigger money than we would want to give, and want to be more involved than he’d likely be here.

Expect to see him in the States, or China or something.

Neither fit our profile of signing so I'd be shocked if we went for either but if I had a straight choice between Diego Costa or Edin Dzeko, for me that's Dzeko all day long. Costa has massively slowed up over recent years in terms of goalscoring output but Dzeko has maintained an exceptional record for over a decade at Wolfsburg, Man City and Roma, as well as internationally for a weaker European side. He's physical and powerful but also deceptively quick for a striker over 6ft4 and a mean finisher. He'll be a good addition to most PL squads even at 34.

I would sooner stick to the model that's worked for us though, and look at some like Edouard. 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

As in the Tevez that scored the goals to keep West Ham in the premier league? Not a great example.

Depends which way you look at it. If a player on his wage hadn't failed to score in 20 out of his 26 appearances they wouldn't have had to rely on his goal against Manchester United for survival.

Big name signing that never lived up to his reputation in my opinion.