Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Orkun Kokcu

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Does this indicate that we have moved into the panic buying/loaning stage of the transfer window.

Given his age, I would suggest he is seen as more one for the future. The attempt to loan him is most likely a try-before-you-buy strategy, which we seem keen on.

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Does this indicate that we have moved into the panic buying/loaning stage of the transfer window.

"Panic buying" at clubs like ours are a myth..... We will have a list of targets that we feel fit our ethos and out style of play, and the likely hood is they will be ranked from priority to suitable. In the event of an Injury or a sale that would be detrimental to the team we will more than likely touch base with all of the targets we feel we can potentially negotiate with and generate several irons in the fire with the hope one of them comes off, if multiple ones come back you would naturally go for the most desired target if available. 

There wont be any panic buying, if they can't do the deals then we wont bring anyone in, it is as simple as that, I don't think many clubs in the PL would resort to panic buying now, unless you're a "top 6" club with the finances to do so, like United have done a couple of times, as have Chelsea, these have the kind of finances to make daft signings like Ighalo and it not really have any impact on them. 

Sometimes manager will resort to touching base with former colleagues like we saw with Bennet last season if they really need cover, but I don't think clubs like our will resort to panic buying, we simply don't have the finances to do it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1