Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Orkun Kokcu

39 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

Looking at the replies to the original tweet the fans don't rate him and would be pleased to see the back of him for a fee.

Usually the fans are the best judges of a player and for that reason.. I'm out.

...if that was the case,  then you should have taken a look at the Monaco forum regarding Tielemans!!!

Some would have gladly put him in their car and driven him to Leicester after taking a £5m payment.  It was absolutely vicious and even our Marc Albrighton thread last season had him already out the door and it was more than obvious that we had outgrown him and we had seen him in his last game for Leicester. 

You can't get the full story from the supporters reaction.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if that was the case,  then you should have taken a look at the Monaco forum regarding Tielemans!!!

Some would have gladly put him in their car and driven him to Leicester after taking a £5m payment.  It was absolutely vicious and even our Marc Albrighton thread last season had him already out the door and it was more than obvious that we had outgrown him and we had seen him in his last game for Leicester. 

You can't get the full story from the supporters reaction.

Very true, and some players just play better in another team (Kramaric-ic-ic is now a wizard on the pitch). If we sign a player it's because we've scouted him and believe he will fit into our team, so if we really are interested then I'd be interested to see what he can bring.

It's just interesting the amount of fans who'd be happy for him to go, but like you say our Youri (:wub:) had the same treatment from the numpties at Monaco.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Given his age, I would suggest he is seen as more one for the future. The attempt to loan him is most likely a try-before-you-buy strategy, which we seem keen on.

Also it’s possible that we are concerned with buying now as that would have to come out of this seasons budget...

• Like 1

Buying players from the Eredivisie either turns out to be great or a massive failure, no in-between. 

There’s some top talent in the Eredivisie atm though, all you need to do is look at the progression of the likes of Frenkie De Jong and Donny Van de Beek, I expect a good few will follow them to the European big leagues soon enough.

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Looks like young kid with lots of potential.

Only still 20, could learn a lot from our midfielders.

I'm sure he will be happy to wait for his chances, good young squad player here.

Plus plays for Turkey, always a good thing with our other Turkish players.

3 Turks, 3 Belgians, 3 Nigerians.   Need another Frenchie, 2 Spaniards, 2 Portuguese, another Dane (not Eriksen) and 2 Austrians and then 'UNO' we are about done.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

For every one Youri there's a hundred Ghezzals. 

When the vast majority of the clubs fanbase thinks one of their players is shit, they're probably not going to pull up trees. 

I can't think of many examples of signings we've made that contradict that? 

Jonny Evans.

Cambiasso.

Both described as past it and bad signings by their fans. They, Youri, Ghezzal and Inlar are the only examples I can remember we were warned against, so 3 successes out of 5 isn’t bad.

There’s also countless cases where players were seen as great players by the fans but they were dog shite for us. Slimani, Silva and Nacho spring to mind. Wolves fans rated Ryan Bennett ffs.

Edited by stu
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Buying players from the Eredivisie either turns out to be great or a massive failure, no in-between. 

There’s some top talent in the Eredivisie atm though, all you need to do is look at the progression of the likes of Frenkie De Jong and Donny Van de Beek, I expect a good few will follow them to the European big leagues soon enough.

Gravenberch looks like the next big one from Ajax, dutch anyway. Like the look of Anthony too but he's Brazilian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

For every one Youri there's a hundred Ghezzals. 

When the vast majority of the clubs fanbase thinks one of their players is shit, they're probably not going to pull up trees. 

I can't think of many examples of signings we've made that contradict that? 

When we've had less success with signings, they've tended to be when the manager has insisted on bringing them, contrary to what the recruitment team have said - Ghezzal and Diabete were signings driven by Puel, while Slimani and Inler were driven by Ranieri. 

Given Kokcu is more likely to have been picked up by the scouting team, I've got more confidence in him performing well for the club if we sign him. And getting him on loan means we have less risk. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Bergwiijn has been alright at spurs. Not spectacular but not shit.

1 hour ago, stu said:

Jonny Evans.

Cambiasso.

Both described as past it and bad signings by their fans. They, Youri, Ghezzal and Inlar are the only examples I can remember we were warned against, so 3 successes out of 5 isn’t bad.

There’s also countless cases where players were seen as great players by the fans but they were dog shite for us. Slimani, Silva and Nacho spring to mind. Wolves fans rated Ryan Bennett ffs.

I think Fuchs might be added to that list too. Don't remember Schalke being too fussed. And Huth maybe?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

"Panic buying" at clubs like ours are a myth..... We will have a list of targets that we feel fit our ethos and out style of play, and the likely hood is they will be ranked from priority to suitable. In the event of an Injury or a sale that would be detrimental to the team we will more than likely touch base with all of the targets we feel we can potentially negotiate with and generate several irons in the fire with the hope one of them comes off, if multiple ones come back you would naturally go for the most desired target if available. 

There wont be any panic buying, if they can't do the deals then we wont bring anyone in, it is as simple as that, I don't think many clubs in the PL would resort to panic buying now, unless you're a "top 6" club with the finances to do so, like United have done a couple of times, as have Chelsea, these have the kind of finances to make daft signings like Ighalo and it not really have any impact on them. 

Sometimes manager will resort to touching base with former colleagues like we saw with Bennet last season if they really need cover, but I don't think clubs like our will resort to panic buying, we simply don't have the finances to do it. 

Was only joking

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

When we've had less success with signings, they've tended to be when the manager has insisted on bringing them, contrary to what the recruitment team have said - Ghezzal and Diabete were signings driven by Puel, while Slimani and Inler were driven by Ranieri. 

Given Kokcu is more likely to have been picked up by the scouting team, I've got more confidence in him performing well for the club if we sign him. And getting him on loan means we have less risk. 

Think you'll find we were looking at Slimani before Ranieri go here and he stated he had nothing to do with the Inler signing but people just presumed because he'd played in Italy. In fact he said on more than one occasion that he had nothing to do with any signings and was just the coach.