Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Gray joins Bayer Leverkusen

Good luck to him. For whatever reason, it just didn't work out here. I'm not absolving him totally of blame as sometimes he didn't seem that interested in games. When we beat Swansea without Vardy in the title winning season, I thought he had his best game. But he's a talented guy and never really fitted. Hope he does well and realised that talent properly. 

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Shows how sh*t he is when they only give him an 18 month contract. 

...he probably negotiated for it.....!!!

I suspect playing in the Premier League is his goal and an 18 month contract would suit him fine. If all goes well he can extend or choose to leave as he would be in his prime when he comes back.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

I suspect playing in the Premier League is his goal and an 18 month contract would suit him fine. If all goes well he can extend or choose to leave as he would be in his prime when he comes back.

Can pick himself up 2 nice signing on fees in the space of 18 months, and he knows he will easily get picked up by a bottom half/newly promoted side when his Leverkusen contract ends

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

This wouldn’t surprise me. It’s the chance for him to rebuild. I really really hope he smashes it over there, there’s a very good player in there, he just needs a push.

Said it in the transfer thread but I think it’s a really bad move for him. What he needs right now is regular game time and a step down from LCFC and I’m not sure Leverkusen is either of those things.

There’s talent in those feet but unfortunately what holds Gray back is between the ears: when to pass not shoot, how to put the yards in to contribute to defensive shape etc.

The problem for him is that in training he probably has technique that is up there with the best of them so he sees people in the team ahead of him and can’t understand why. But the reality is that at the highest level he struggles to have a positive impact consistently and we’ve been waiting for a penny to drop for 4 years and it hasn’t.

Sitting on a bench isn’t going to increase the chances of that penny dropping any time soon and unfortunately for him I think that’s where he’ll find himself at a club like Leverkusen who compete at a strong level. Best of luck to him but can’t help think he’s gone for the profile of club rather than the guarantee of game time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Ups and downs?Yeah we were on our way up the league and your career was going down to the pan!

In all seriousness, good luck to the lad, never worked out here the way either party hoped. Clearly a talented footballer, maybe a stint in Germany still help focus his mind.

I wish another one of our immortals well as he starts a new chapter.

Thanks for the memory.

Really didn't expect him to be someone to go abroad but fair play to him for that. Leverkusen is a good name and will be a great experience for him. Whether he gets into their squad I don't know but wingers tend to do quite well in that league. Leverkusen might see it as a decent money making exercise, signing him cheap and then selling him to an English club for a profit.

He had his moments for us but he's never gone to the level we require, saying that he would've been better playing through the middle for us today.

Best of luck to him! Title winner for us, scored the goal at Cardiff which will always be one of my most favourite ever. Thank you for your contribution to the title and of course that Cardiff goal! 

ultimately I think his lack of consistency and his lack of footballing brain stop him reaching the top as his raw technical ability is plain to see! 

He comes across as a really dopey individual who hasnt grasped how good he can be which is a shame. He is 25 in a couple of months so time is still on his side but I fear for him if he cant get into a team that is desperate for a right midfielder (and ended up getting one in on loan along with bringing Albrighton out from the cold). Also Rodgers is a good coach and has a record of improving players and Demerai has gone backwards.

That said, he has done OK for us and I thank him for his efforts!!!