Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

Before the Fofana's injury, I would seriously suggest that the Soyuncu as a striker for the Fulham game. Why the bloody not?

He can shoot the ball like a bazooka.

He is Ok in air.

And the most importantly, he's got the Cruyff moves.

But now Fofana's out for 5-6 weeks, we need him at the back.

I reckon he should be considered when the future striker crisis appears next time.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Before the Fofana's injury, I would seriously suggest that the Soyuncu as a striker for the Fulham game. Why the bloody not?

He is Ok in air.

I reckon he should be considered when the future striker crisis appears next time.

Whilst we're at it, can we play Maddison cb

• Haha 1

Fulham remind me slightly of us in our great escape year. 

They rarely get beat by a lot. It always seems to be 2-1 or 1-0, with a fair few draws in there and there performance always seems to deserve more. 

This won't be as straight forward as some folk are predicting. Especially with the injuries we have. 

13 minutes ago, dayday said:

Whilst we're at it, can we play Maddison cb

I wouldn't do that mate. I call him a floor mat, throw himself down easily and usually stay down a bit longer than usual.😂😂😂

Richarlison and him are the top offender on this department in EPL

Not a good quality to have as a defender really!!!! So bloody bad idea.

Edited by kiwiturk

22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t see how that’s such a terrible suggestion. He’s got all the skill set to play holding midfield, it’s not like you’d be asking him to play number 10 or thread balls through. 

Would only be to counter act the physicality Fulham possess and the lack of Wilf, ain’t gonna happen anyway with Fofana out. 

Your right in respect of him having the physical attributes & passing skills. But you have to read again in there. Which takes time to adapt to. Remember how Big Dan looked all at sea after a few games? It's not as easy to do it without regular practice. 

11 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If Under doesn’t start this game it’s pretty much a confirmation that he has no path into the side.  He’s effectively done here.

It would raise some serious questions on how on earth he ever gets an opportunity. I suppose we have to keep picking up poor results which isn't ideal. 

58 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

He is Ok in air.

Soyuncu was a striker at youth level

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Will not be even vaguely surprised if Perez starts tonight - so I wouldn't bother winding yourselves up over the prospect. After all, regardless of who was picked, if we were at the ground, we'd all get behind every single player, right?

Get behind them of course. Get frustrated during the game, a fair bet. Bay for the hangman afterwards a guarantee.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yep. He was at the football academy and trialed for a striker position at the Freiburg  when he arrived from Turkey but he ended up became a defender somehow.

Edited by kiwiturk

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1 minute ago, kiwiturk said:

Yep. He was at the football academy and trialed for a striker position at the Freiburg  when he arrived from Turkey but he ended up became a defender somehow.

If I may draw my honourable colleagues attention to exhibits A amd B, in the case of "Why fans don`t make managers"  :P

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Look at the games since they beat us - lots of draws. Seven and three losses (Chelsea and both Manchester clubs) 

their GD in those ten games is -4

can people stop with the over confidence - it peed me off pre Leeds 

When we have our best eleven out we can have confidence - when we have our current eleven playing we need to put it all in to get a win. and which of the teams out there tonight will want it more ?

I think I know that ......

Sorry to think Fulham are shite, I was only looking at the table and seeing them in the bottom 3. If we can't get by these given our away record shouldn't we be asking ourselves where we are going this season?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

How is it match day again already?        

Kasper

Ric Evans Cags JJ

Mendy Youri

Cengo Madders Barnes

Nacho

I like that team. 

Never sure what you'll get with Kelechi but he can't be much less of a goal threat than Perez so I'd start him too 

I really like the look of the partnerships in the middle and down the wings. 

COYB - Pre Match nerves kicked in already 

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If I may draw my honourable colleagues attention to exhibits A amd B, in the case of "Why fans don`t make managers"  :P

Not that I'm supporting their suggestion, but it's not without precedent - Matt Elliott and Walshy both made a pretty good fist of switching positions.

Edited by Buce

I can’t understand all the doom and gloom following the Leeds result. We have been in rich form and some of the football has been excellent. I know the result hurts and we really were off it. But we have more than enough to put Fulham to the sword and I do not see a reaper of the home game. I think we will get a big response from the boys (at least that’s my hope) I do see a change up top, Ünder to start and Keli coming in playing a hold up role with hopefully Maddison, Barnes and Ünder playing off him. Anyway just my thoughts but COYF