Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

30 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Look at the stats. They've only won 2, only scored 17 and are pretty abysmal at best. With our away record second to none practically we can go to town, hopefully.

They've drawn a lot of games recently, including against Liverpool and Tottenham. They pushed Man U really hard too; it took a great goal from outside the box to beat them 2-1. I think this will be a really tough game which we have to approach without any complacency.

43 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

The damage Ricardo and ünder on one side and justin and barnes on the other, will do, should be massive!

I absolutely agree and it's with precisely that attitude that we should be approaching the game. We are currently a top 4 side on merit and they are a relegation side on merit. We really shouldn't be going into this with the media friendly 'they can be dangerous we need to show them respect ' attitude. Even without Vardy and Ndidi, we have enough proven talent to punish these and that is precisely the attitude we need.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

The damage Ricardo and ünder on one side and justin and barnes on the other, will do, should be massive!

Made me smile in the Leeds game, we had Justin on the right of the box as the left sided full/wing back getting shit for shooting and not squarin* it to our right sided wing/full back Ricardo who was in front of goal to the left side waiting to put the ball in the net.

I’m not sure I’ve that before in a Leicester game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perez's best position at best is on the bench, though preferably it's even better on a plane to a team on the continent. Why are we even remotely considering organising our team in order that this hapless individual can be accomodated not in his 'best' position, but in his least 'worst' position? He's utter shite wherever we put him, whatever we may think of him, Perez's last couple of performances alone dictate that Iheanacho at least deserves a chance, he'd really struggle to do any worse!

Be careful what you wish for...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Be careful what you wish for...

😁 yes I accept that but he really has had lots of opportunity to shine compared to others. You can't really miss an input that wasn't really there in the first place. If he'd gone off for a fag and a massage during a match I really don't think we'd have noticed. Iheanacho may just offer something a bit different like being in the general area of the ball when attacking or not having a panic attack and falling over when an opposition player is breathing down his neck.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Look at the stats. They've only won 2, only scored 17 and are pretty abysmal at best. With our away record second to none practically we can go to town, hopefully.

One of those wins was against us 😡

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Fofana in midfield lol I fvcking hate this forum sometimes

Seen it suggested all over the forum last weekend too. Absolutely ludicrous and would be a terrible decision to put him there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adster said:

Seen it suggested all over the forum last weekend too. Absolutely ludicrous and would be a terrible decision to put him there. 

Yep it’s total nonsense, probably from all the same morons that were clamouring over the Perez false 9 bullshit. Thank fvck the fellas on here aren’t our manager. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Jeepers if we lose.. they'll have done the double and it will be only their third win of the season..😒

Have you been possessed by the spirit of a 1940s script writer for The Beano comic? 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, David Hankey said:

One of those wins was against us, we lost 2-1 at home against them.

We have an inate ability to cock it up on Wednesday evening if Rodgers doesn't get it right. No Vardy, no Ndidi, and neither Perez or Nacho fill anyone with confidence. I would give Nacho a chance up top because Perez has proven in the last few games that he is not up to the job and he hinders us more than he helps us.

9 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Look at the games since they beat us - lots of draws. Seven and three losses (Chelsea and both Manchester clubs) 

their GD in those ten games is -4

can people stop with the over confidence - it peed me off pre Leeds 

When we have our best eleven out we can have confidence - when we have our current eleven playing we need to put it all in to get a win. and which of the teams out there tonight will want it more ?

I think I know that ......

• Like 4

Ricardo, Soyuncu, Mendy, Ünder & Iheanacho in for Castagne, Fofana, Ndidi, Albrighton & Perez......

Not bad replacements in the greater scheme of things, surely Iheanacho will have the presence of mind to stay in the number 9 position... 

Up the City....:scarf:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Look at the games since they beat us - lots of draws. Seven and three losses (Chelsea and both Manchester clubs) 

their GD in those ten games is -4

can people stop with the over confidence - it peed me off pre Leeds 

When we have our best eleven out we can have confidence - when we have our current eleven playing we need to put it all in to get a win. and which of the teams out there tonight will want it more ?

I think I know that ......

Are you suggesting they'll want it more than us? Why would that be?